Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:More casting news from SNS; *updated 9/3*
Topic Started: Sep 2 2007, 12:55 AM (2,786 Views)
dawn9476

Never mind. It's just not worth it anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2007, 09:46 AM
Kenny
Sep 2 2007, 07:33 AM
Deidre won't be fired, IMO. No way.

Regardless of anything else, she's still the face of Days. She's the "Erica Kane" of Days. She's the Susan Lucci of NBC Daytime. Firing her would do WAY more damage in the media than it's worth, IMO. NBC knows this... or at least they should.

I agree. Unless Dee is walking on her on, perhaps because of Drake's firing (if that's even true), then she should not be going anywhere. I don't care what people think about one person not being the sole and core of the show. Marlena Evans is the face of DAYS, whether you want to admit it or not. She just is.

Every soap has their "face." AMC has Erica. OLTL has Viki. Y&R has Victor. GH has Luke. GL has Reva. You would never see the shows firing these actors, just because the fans have grown so accustomed to seeing their face on the show. It would honestly be suicide to fire one of them.

If this is true, and Dee didn't leave willingly, DAYS just handed it's soul to the devil.

Ohhhh don't say it like that Drew.

That just makes me think of Mardevil and it makes me even sadder about Dee going. I *hope* this is all just Wendy cracksmoking because I think I will have to check out of this show if all these people go, too.

King
Member Avatar

Drake I could see.

Dee. No way.

I don't believe it and won't until it is confirmed.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm still so pissed about this, although Wendy did say it wasn't confirmed, right?

I'm holding out hope but if we lose all of those actors, I'm through.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Sep 2 2007, 11:52 AM
Drake I could see.

Dee. No way.

I don't believe it and won't until it is confirmed.

“If” this is true, I think this is a tactic by SONY, and the new senior executive vice president, Steve Kent, to dramatically cut down the cost of DAYS, re-package it, and prepare it to be shopped to other outlets in 2009.

They directly said his goal when appointed was to make Days and Y&R "financially efficient and create program extensions"

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

KMan101
Sep 2 2007, 11:55 AM
I'm still so pissed about this, although Wendy did say it wasn't confirmed, right?

I'm holding out hope but if we lose all of those actors, I'm through.

Wendy said that Dee's firing was not confirmed as only one source had given her that info.

Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 2 2007, 12:07 PM

“If” this is true, I think this is a tactic by SONY, and the new senior executive vice president, Steve Kent, to dramatically cut down the cost of DAYS, re-package it, and prepare it to be shopped to other outlets in 2009.

They directly said his goal when appointed was to make Days and Y&R "financially efficient and create program extensions"

If they do this, it won't even be DAYS anymore. It'll just be a new show with an old name.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 2 2007, 12:50 PM
Nubia
Sep 2 2007, 12:07 PM

If they do this, it won't even be DAYS anymore. It'll just be a new show with an old name.

Well, sadly, If Sony/Corday Prod. can turn a profit, I dont think they care about the integrity of the show at this point.

King
Member Avatar

Not even Ken Corday is dumb enough to fire Deidre Hall.

I don't even really love Dee, but I have to admit a lot of people do, and she's an asset to DAYS. The only way she'd be leaving is if she's made about Drake and quit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't buy this at all.

LeAnn is already recurring. I can see Joe going recurring since Stefano can be an in and out character. Thaoo could also go recurring too since LeAnn is. He did mention being very busy next year with other projects so going off contract would allow him to do that.

As for Dee, no way. First off, she has a great relationship with Corday last I heard. Plus, she took a cut last year when she signed her contract. Corday recognizes her importance to the show so I think that is one cut he won't make.

I do think Nubia is right though. Sony made it clear they are trying to tighten up finances for both their shows and that is why I always felt one of the big 4 had to go. It was inevitable whether Hogan wrote for them or not. It sucks but I was prepared for it. I don't think Dee will be cut if Drake is. Corday is a fanbase whore and Sony knows about the fanbases. They know they have to hang on to as many as they can, along with saving money. Corday will keep Dee around to hold on to her fans to soften the blow from Drake's ouster. He has no choice really IMO.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't believe that they would fire Deidre either, but if this is true it could be that she wants out. Wendy's post doesn't say that she was fired, just that she is out.

If she says another source confirms it, then it I would say it is true.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I hate to toss people under the bus, but I think Day be fine without Drake, but getting rid of Dee would be stupid. If age-conscious SONY wants to saves some money, I think Patch and Kayla should be shown the door.

cjknick
Member Avatar

James Scott told fans at an event in MA last weekend that he is staying and that it was a un founded rumor that he wanted out ... He has 18 months left on his current contract.

So the James Scott part is soooooooooooo untrue!!!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 2 2007, 02:15 PM
I hate to toss people under the bus, but I think Day be fine without Drake, but getting rid of Dee would be stupid. If age-conscious SONY wants to saves some money, I think Patch and Kayla should be shown the door.

I agree.

If it came down to Drake or Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, I'm sorry but Nichols and Evans should be the ones to go. IMO, they've brought nothing to this show since they returned last year. Nothing. Most popular supercouple in DAYS history? Perhaps, but a lot of the fans that made them that way are long gone now. They're not needed and they should be the ones being cut, not Drake, who has stayed true to this show for the past 21 years.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2007, 01:21 PM
Nubia
Sep 2 2007, 02:15 PM

I agree.

If it came down to Drake or Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, I'm sorry but Nichols and Evans should be the ones to go. IMO, they've brought nothing to this show since they returned last year. Nothing. Most popular supercouple in DAYS history? Perhaps, but a lot of the fans that made them that way are long gone now. They're not needed and they should be the ones being cut, not Drake, who has stayed true to this show for the past 21 years.

True. I give Patch and Kayla props for holding it down as a popular super-duo in the late-80s; but I don’t think that success translated after a 17 year gap. After the whole feud ends, I think they should pack-up for a new start away from Salem and the DiMeras….especially if Shawn Sr. dies; I think it would be a good time to bring Kim back for an appearance, so the four Brady sibs could be together one last time. That would be good closure for me.

And while I don’t care much for her, I think Stephanie should stay. She has enough support in Salem, without her mom and dad.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Patch and Kayla are the victims of poor timing and writing.

Their returns got fucked up by the transition. The "Steve is crazy" story suffered from lack of vets and poor pace.

Just now they are getting a story that is truly worthy.

I can see why recent fans would choose to get rid of them but let's remember they are cheaper then Drake and Dee. That alone saves them. Plus, they are "fresher" in the sense that there is more new and original things to do with them because they were gone for awhile.

I am a fan of them but I would only accept them leaving if J&J returned. The Johnson/Deveraux family has to be represented somehow IMO.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 2 2007, 02:34 PM

Their returns got fucked up by the transition. The "Steve is crazy" story suffered from lack of vets and poor pace.

I can see why recent fans would choose to get rid of them but let's remember they are cheaper then Drake and Dee. That alone saves them. Plus, they are "fresher" in the sense that there is more new and original things to do with them because they were gone for awhile.

I am a fan of them but I would only accept them leaving if J&J returned. The Johnson/Deveraux family has to be represented somehow IMO.

Yes, they may be cheaper, but both of them being gone, should make up for Drake's contract.

Mason
Member Avatar

I like Steve and Kayla, but I would much rather have John stay on the show than them. Many current viewers didn't watch back in the 80s so they don't have a huge connection to S/K, the way they do to J/M. Individually, they may not be as pricey as Drake, but together, Mary Beth and Stephen can't be cheap at all.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I agree, Mason. Show Evans and Nichols the door and that should free up some dinero to pay for Drake if money's the problem here.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2007, 01:39 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 2 2007, 02:34 PM

Their returns got fucked up by the transition.  The "Steve is crazy" story suffered from lack of vets and poor pace. 

I can see why recent fans would choose to get rid of them but let's remember they are cheaper then Drake and Dee.  That alone saves them.  Plus, they are "fresher" in the sense that there is more new and original things to do with them because they were gone for awhile. 

I am a fan of them but I would only accept them leaving if J&J returned.  The Johnson/Deveraux family has to be represented somehow IMO.

Yes, they may be cheaper, but both of them being gone, should make up for Drake's contract.

Perhaps, if Drake took a cut.

I don't have the figures. While SN and MBE didn't take major cuts, I still think the both of them don't average out to Drake's contract.

The issue is going to be that we all are going to suggest who should go instead. We all have our preferences. I just think if Drake goes, some of it has to do with story too. They may figure more can be done with Steve and Kayla given their long absence. I'm not sure what their thinking is. I think if the Drake thing happens, it's been in their minds for awhile. I often wonder if their hiatus last summer was a test to see what would happen without them and then they took John off for 5 months to see the reaction to only him being off. It just makes you wonder.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply