Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:More casting news from SNS; *updated 9/3*
Topic Started: Sep 2 2007, 12:55 AM (2,805 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2007, 01:45 AM
JERSoapsFan
Sep 3 2007, 01:32 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2007, 12:57 AM
I will buy the paycut part.  I heard awhile ago somewhere she did take one last year before she signed her new deal but I can see them asking her again with the ratings they way they are.

I do feel something is fishy in regards to this rumor.  The paycut part could be used as a way of making excuses if this turns out to be not true as Wendy can say that Dee took a cut or whatever.  We'll see.

I disagree. I've never heard ill things of Wendy. Again, if someone knows something, feel free to PM me. But as far as I'm concerned, I'd trust my life with that girl.

Wendy was wrong multiple times. She said The Roberts' family was being written out and they haven't been. She said Thaoo and Joe would never return to Days and they have. Those are just two examples.

The one thing with any source is they can be wrong. Even the most reliable scpopster can get bad info or things could change last minute or something.

As for Hogan reading message boards, isn't that a good thing? It shows he is trying to listen. Although, that may be a bad thing because all it does is expose him to fanbase rantings and that may be why the show shifts gears so often and lacks consistency at times. I guess we all might want to be careful what we say now. If we say something wrong, we may just see one of our faves go :lol: .

Having said that, I think she will take another cut. She said she would be there until the end and there is a good relationship on both sides as far as business and personal experience goes. Dee may not have a story but Days gives her all the benefits she has earned as far as vacation and so on. I think Dee is staying. I just can't see her quiting or being fired.

Sorry but I cannot abide a soap writer dictating what happens on a show based off of soap message boards.

It should be about the STORY not pandering to this fanbase or that fanbase or spurning this character because it's thought their fanbase isn't big enough. As head writer for this show he should have a vision and understanding of these characters that doesn't require him relying on fan reaction on the Net. He should already be in sync with them without needing fan reaction to guide him because in many cases following the whims of fan freak outs can be a trap that sends this show off a cliff.

But if that is the case, that totally explains Hogan's IDIOTIC decision to only have Sami start acting like a rape victim once those RINR banners surfaced on the boards five months after the fact and so many other convoluted twists and turns this show has had.

And why am I not surprised Phoenix has something positive to say about Hogan doing this?

:lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, dear gosh! You're right. It ALL makes sense now. Sami was NEVER raped and it was never written or intended that way. But that damn campaign... Hogan, being the board reader that he is, saw it and thought to pander to those anti-"rape" protesters. Oh, that is SICK! And who suffers? EJami fans. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Sep 3 2007, 02:27 AM
Oh, dear gosh! You're right. It ALL makes sense now. Sami was NEVER raped and it was never written or intended that way. But that damn campaign... Hogan, being the board reader that he is, saw it and thought to pander to those anti-"rape" protesters. Oh, that is SICK! And who suffers? EJami fans. :(

Not just EJami fans suffer.

The show as a whole suffers because he's a maroon who contorts characters to fit his plots and address fan reaction rather than treating them as entities independent of the storylines with their own history and continuity that should be respected.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Sep 3 2007, 02:35 AM
JERSoapsFan

The show as a whole suffers because he's a maroon who contorts characters to fit his plots and address fan reaction rather than treating them as entities independent of the storylines with their own history and continuity that should be respected.

Well, that's true too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Deidre has to either take a paycut or get the axe?

I really, really hope that this is wrong. I'm not a big fan of J&M anymore, but back in the 90's, they MADE the show! Deidre was the heroine of the 90's, without a doubt. It's so hard for me to imagine Days without her, EVER.

I imagine that if the show was ever really stupid enough to let her go, the fan outcry and media outcry would be so huge that she'd be back immediately.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree; there'd be a huge backlash should Deidre get fired.

I mean, hell, look at the coverage Drake's gotten!

Jonatha

JERSoapsFan
Sep 3 2007, 02:56 AM
IMissAremid
Sep 3 2007, 02:35 AM
JERSoapsFan

Well, that's true too.

It's absolutely true, and I don't want to say this but I feel I have to. I agree Sami was not raped. Sami has been an inmature and hysterical girl/woman for many years who never stopped to think through the consequences of what she does. Before the 'rape' Sami was hot for EJ and they had been flirting. They are still flirting! How can a woman married to the 'love of her life' and carrying twins be flirting with a man who raped her? Techinically it was not a rape, in my opinion. Sami drugged and raped Austin. Many fans are using this as an excuse to keep their couple together. I understand having an emotional investment in a soap and in favorite characters. But there is a thin line between being a fan and becoming a fanatic. Just ask Drake Hogestyn.

Somewhere between the Gloved Hand, when EJ was first introduced, and now into the Brady/DiMera feud, the character of EJ has been changed. Ejami fans started popping up and that's something TIIC did not think about. So the Lumi fans start the Rape/Hate campaign against EJ, and against James Scott - which is outrageous. Some comments being posted about James make me sick to my stomach.

Enter crybaby Bryan Datillo saying he might be fired and the Lumi fans go nuts with e-mails protesting to TIIC for Lucas to be saved. Reps from Days come out right away to stop the rumors of Bryan's being fired.

Now what? With Sami on the frontburner every day, we might lose the mainstays of Days with Drake and Dee and probably others. If Hogey's reading the boards and thinks no one is watching John and Marlena he isn't stupid. He's not writing for John and Marlena, he's spending all his time writing for Sami.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 2 2007, 10:31 PM
lol, why is it that with Days, the rumors and gossip are more interesting than what is actually on our screens.

I think they should just do a “behind the scenes” reality show about the real happenings on the set. :lol:

That's so fucking true! Sadly, that has been the case for the past 4 or so years!! The news of Hogan joining the show was much better than anything he has written.

Ridge
Member Avatar

BS about Hogan reading the boards, fans, many of them have been clamoring for balance for at least 8 months now. Heck there was even a campaign going on. Part of the balance INCLUDED Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. I also know people who are sick of Marlena but none of them had said they will not watch the show if she is on. That's pure BS... if this is what Hogan is producing based on the reading of the fan boards than he is solely responsible himself for the downfall of DAYS.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

This isnt making sense now. Is this supposed to be a "creative" decision on Hogan's part? or a financial decision by Sony/Corday?

The whole message board thin sounds too odd/unrealistic....if anything, I am sure they would be using a [just as bs] focus group.

But, I am suuuure the "net" is wild about Chels, Steph, Jett and JerkMe.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Sep 3 2007, 02:07 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2007, 01:45 AM
JERSoapsFan
Sep 3 2007, 01:32 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2007, 12:57 AM
I will buy the paycut part.  I heard awhile ago somewhere she did take one last year before she signed her new deal but I can see them asking her again with the ratings they way they are.

I do feel something is fishy in regards to this rumor.  The paycut part could be used as a way of making excuses if this turns out to be not true as Wendy can say that Dee took a cut or whatever.  We'll see.

I disagree. I've never heard ill things of Wendy. Again, if someone knows something, feel free to PM me. But as far as I'm concerned, I'd trust my life with that girl.

Wendy was wrong multiple times. She said The Roberts' family was being written out and they haven't been. She said Thaoo and Joe would never return to Days and they have. Those are just two examples.

The one thing with any source is they can be wrong. Even the most reliable scpopster can get bad info or things could change last minute or something.

As for Hogan reading message boards, isn't that a good thing? It shows he is trying to listen. Although, that may be a bad thing because all it does is expose him to fanbase rantings and that may be why the show shifts gears so often and lacks consistency at times. I guess we all might want to be careful what we say now. If we say something wrong, we may just see one of our faves go :lol: .

Having said that, I think she will take another cut. She said she would be there until the end and there is a good relationship on both sides as far as business and personal experience goes. Dee may not have a story but Days gives her all the benefits she has earned as far as vacation and so on. I think Dee is staying. I just can't see her quiting or being fired.

Sorry but I cannot abide a soap writer dictating what happens on a show based off of soap message boards.

It should be about the STORY not pandering to this fanbase or that fanbase or spurning this character because it's thought their fanbase isn't big enough. As head writer for this show he should have a vision and understanding of these characters that doesn't require him relying on fan reaction on the Net. He should already be in sync with them without needing fan reaction to guide him because in many cases following the whims of fan freak outs can be a trap that sends this show off a cliff.

But if that is the case, that totally explains Hogan's IDIOTIC decision to only have Sami start acting like a rape victim once those RINR banners surfaced on the boards five months after the fact and so many other convoluted twists and turns this show has had.

And why am I not surprised Phoenix has something positive to say about Hogan doing this?

:lol:

All I am saying is that we all want him to listen to the fans and this, in a sense, is listening to them. I don't really like it either for reasons already mentioned and I also think that he looks through them but doesn't necessarily let that influence alot of what he does. I think he just sees what stories are accepted and not accepted rather then who the audience wants to see. It just seems that way based on the fact that stories change gears alot but, of course, that can be said about many Days writers in the last decade.

Even if it's not Hogan's choice to pander to fanbases, he would still have to do it because Corday would make him. He makes every writer do that. How many stories have been changed due to fear of fanbase backlash? That is why the show is in the hole it's in. I keep hoping ES will push for drama and story rather then whatever will make fanbases happy but I just don't think it will happen. Corday caved too much to the fanbases he created with his emphasis on couples and certain ones at that. He set a precedent so that now everytime a fanbase dislikes something they know, in the end, they will get their way even before seeing the whole story play out. In other words, they control the show and that is what the problem is. The head writer should be in control yet he isn't. Between Corday and the rabid fanbases, Hogan has minimal control at best most of the time. Even though he said back in June he was writing what he wanted, that still doesn't mean he is being given free reign. Corday and Wyman could very well have been influencing things (exhibit A_ TTS overload which was not the case in June).

In regards to Dee, I don't see her going anywhere. She will take the cut or stay on somehow. Drake is another story.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

FYI: Someone on SON just posted saying THEY posted speculation on SNS and saw their post copied and cited as a reason for why two popular actors would be cut. In other words, it sounds like someone lifted speculation from this poster from another thread and used it to try to support a fabricated rumor, which was easy to accept based on all the Drake stuff flying around.

I am not buying this at all. The Drake stuff is plausible but not Dee.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2007, 11:26 AM
FYI: Someone on SON just posted saying THEY posted speculation on SNS and saw their post copied and cited as a reason for why two popular actors would be cut. In other words, it sounds like someone lifted speculation from this poster from another thread and used it to try to support a fabricated rumor, which was easy to accept based on all the Drake stuff flying around.

lol, I guess we need a sign that reads, "Don't feed the birdies"

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

I saw that post too, and I have to wonder what is going on after Wendy's other birdie seemed to have created the spurious James Scott leaving the show rumor out of whole cloth by piecing together old information to back up the claim right at the same time the EJ dies misleading SOD cover was printed but before it was revealed to be total bunk.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Sep 3 2007, 11:33 AM
PhoenixRising05
FYI: Someone on SON just posted saying THEY posted speculation on SNS and saw their post copied and cited as a reason for why two popular actors would be cut.  In other words, it sounds like someone lifted speculation from this poster from another thread and used it to try to support a fabricated rumor, which was easy to accept based on all the Drake stuff flying around.

I am not buying this at all.  The Drake stuff is plausible but not Dee.

I saw that post too, and I have to wonder what is going on after Wendy's other birdie seemed to have created the spurious James Scott leaving the show rumor out of whole cloth by piecing together old information to back up the claim right at the same time the EJ dies misleading SOD cover was printed but before it was revealed to be total bunk.

Yep. It seems her "birdies" are doing what any person can do in that they are taking rumors and defending them with speculation they find in other threads.

I don't think this dismisses the Drake rumors but the Dee ones are seeming more and more unlikely IMO.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Good riddance.

King
Member Avatar

That's the funny thing about "birdies!"

Drake I could buy. Dee would be suicide.

And with Scott on board, I expect to see smarter decisions, not more foolish ones.

I would love it if Drake was killed off for six months and brought back as a Dimera trick like the SSK killings.

DAYS just needs something like that to spice things up. Although I KNOW Drake would get snatched up by Frons somehow.

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 3 2007, 12:19 AM
Wendy updated that the show is asking Deidre to take another paycut and if she doesn't than she is gone.

Also that Hogan Sheffer reads the boards and it gave him the opportunity to get rid of Drake and Deidre when he saw that the fans didn't watch them.

I never thought I'd say this, but...

FUCK YOU, Hogan! The only reason we never watch them is because they're NEVER ON! :angry:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm really tired of hearing "Wendy posted" or Wendy said" as if she were Corday's mistress and pillowtalk buddy. There are many other boards that post "inside" information but they aren't mentioned. I refuse to allow that board to be my only reference of truth.

As for the actors reading the boards, they do. This is the truth. I was always complaining about Drake as John on another board. I hated the way he holds Marlena by the neck and shoves her around when he is going to kiss her or making sweet sounds to her and was very vocal about that. Not long after a particularly nasty post, I was watching Days when Drake was holding Marlena in a very nice normal sort of embrace without shoving her around and kissed her. He then walked with his back to the camera but then turned around and looked at the camera and winked with a silly grin. Say what you will, I know he did that after hearing or reading about how annoying it was to at least one fan.

Also, I believe it was Ali that said there is one particular poster that they all just loved to check out and it was a common chatter behind the scenes about what so and so was saying. I just wonder who that is.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Quote:

I'm really tired of hearing "Wendy posted" or Wendy said" as if she were Corday's mistress and pillowtalk buddy. There are many other boards that post "inside" information but they aren't mentioned. I refuse to allow that board to be my only reference of truth.

Yeah, there are other sources with inside info, but this isn't coming from them so why would they be mentioned?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply