Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Most Embarrassing Emmy Moment EVER
Topic Started: Sep 2 2007, 06:46 PM (916 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXobo4L2iBU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXobo4L2iBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

Poor Susan Lucci... :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I certainly hope Natalia Livingston winning the Emmy in '05 is on there. That was an embarrassment for the entire industry.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 2 2007, 07:02 PM
I certainly hope Natalia Livingston winning the Emmy in '05 is on there. That was an embarrassment for the entire industry.

Oh that was an embarrassment to entire Emmy system as a whole. :lol:

It's kinda funny how they humiliated Susan Lucci in this clip though. You can tell she really wanted to win another Emmy and then Susan Flannery wins and they play the AMC theme music and the camera shoots to Lucci as if she's won, when she didn't. :D :lol:

Jonatha

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 2 2007, 07:18 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 2 2007, 07:02 PM

Oh that was an embarrassment to entire Emmy system as a whole. :lol:

It's kinda funny how they humiliated Susan Lucci in this clip though. You can tell she really wanted to win another Emmy and then Susan Flannery wins and they play the AMC theme music and the camera shoots to Lucci as if she's won, when she didn't. :D :lol:

I remember some years ago Scott Reeves came out with someone to present an Emmy. Scott was shit faced drunk and it was obvious. He was yelling into the microphone saying something stupid and the audience was trying to laugh at his shenanigans. I remember wondering at the time how Missy Reeves put up with him.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I no longer consider Natalia Livingston an Emmy embarrassment. Girl got lucky is all. She submitted the right tape. The voting politics was on her side. And damn she got to take home an Emmy.

She is just another part of the system that hasn't worked under either of it's renditions or guidelines.

In the early days CBS got shut out. In the early 80's around 82/83 esp. nobody got much recognition except for ABC. Go to the Emmy section of the History Forum and look at the last 2 to 3 sets of Emmy nominations I have put up. If you think CBS' domination this last year was terrible. Look at ABC's domination for 2 fucking years. Almost every actor and actress nominated was from ABC. No wonder NBC refused to air the show in 1983.

I mean the whole system stinks. There are people every year that should be on the ballot who aren't. There are people who get nominated that some think should not. But in a year where there are about 250 shows to choose from any show can come up with 1 or 2 episodes that standout for Best Show and any performer can find enough to submit from an Emmy reel - even some of the worst performers have their moments.

Livingston got lucky. Her luck paid off that year. Luck and politics were on her side.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Jonatha
Sep 3 2007, 04:14 PM
I remember some years ago Scott Reeves came out with someone to present an Emmy. Scott was shit faced drunk and it was obvious. He was yelling into the microphone saying something stupid and the audience was trying to laugh at his shenanigans. I remember wondering at the time how Missy Reeves put up with him.

LOL...that was the 2000(?) Soap Opera Digest Awards. He was presenting with Heather Tom and Kristoff St. John and he kept on yelling, "WHUZZZUP?"

And then he said, "Here are the nominess for OUTSTANDINGSSSSSSSSLLLLLLEADACTRESSSSSS!"

And Susan Flannery had this, "I want to kill him" look on her face before the camera came back to her.

That was really funny.
Quote Post Goto Top

Philou
Member Avatar

This is an article of SOW

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

I laughed my ass off at this. Lucci's humiliation was GOLDEN!

kserox10

I felt so bad for her.

I wanted her to win.
DAMN CBS. They always play the wrong music.

Scott
Member Avatar

I found it kinda funny, i guess im an ass though

cassie1013

LOL I've never seen nor heard of this before, but shit, that was hilarious!! "ME??"

OMG.. LOL!

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Ahahaha! I am fucking LMAO at this clip. Classic. :lol:

Tammy
Member Avatar

That was golden. But I think the fact that she has actually WON an Emmy is more embarrasing :shame:

King
Member Avatar

I feel bad for her. :(

Did she ever comment on that?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply