Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: General Discussion; Week of Sept. 3rd
Topic Started: Sep 3 2007, 12:25 AM (740 Views)
Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Open to discuss. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Ok, so just finished Wed's eppy. Pretty good week, IMO.

Don't remember much from Tuesday, and thought Wed's was much better.

Love the Sonny/Kate/Trevor/Ric stuff. Question though, how stupid are Trevor and Jerry???!??? They meet up in the lobby of the Metro Court of all places, minutes after Nikolas had a run in with Jerry there. C'mon now, LoL!

Also liking where Spinelli and Georgie could go. They could be really cute together.

At this point, I can at least stomach the Carly/Jax stuff since there is much less Jerry and no Irina anymore.

Sooo excited to see Sam over at Lucky's in the previews for the Thurs. eppy, and ::swoon:: my GV w/o his shirt! Those moments don't come often enough, LoL.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar
Oh, I didnt know we could customize this! LOL

Best part of the day: I got to see my Molly again. OMG that little girl had such a growth spurt. So cute though. And I know what comes tomorrow, so seeing Molly was double the fun for me. :D

The rest of the show, yawn. It's sad when a 22 month old is the highlight of the show for me. :lol:

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^^LMAO!!!

It had been awhile since we saw Molly. Heck even Alexis has been non-exsistent for a bit, :(

Things have definitely slowed down a bit, since the first part of the trial and the stuff that led up to that.

I mostly tune in for select scenes here and there. I just can't pull myself away~

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar

If you're looking for Alexis, you might want to watch tomorrow. ;) There's a reason we saw Molly today and the reason we see her has been a long time coming. :D

LOL, lets just put it this way, I'm gonna be a happy Rexis fan tomorrow. ;)

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Bella Principessa
Sep 6 2007, 01:36 AM
If you're looking for Alexis, you might want to watch tomorrow. ;) There's a reason we saw Molly today and the reason we see her has been a long time coming. :D

LOL, lets just put it this way, I'm gonna be a happy Rexis fan tomorrow. ;)

oooOooo! You dirty devil, LoL, now I really can't wait for tomorrow's eppy!!! LuSam scenes and Rexis stuff! I didn't even see her on the previews. HUGE NLG fan!!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Georgie! Day Three IN A ROW!!!! And developing a storyline of her own it appears! Yeah!

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar

Getting screwed over by Guza- $500 in shrink bills.

Watching GH without NLG- $100 for fake nails, since I used the real ones to poke my eyes out

Waiting three months to see Rexis and Molly- Priceless! :wub: And worth the wait and every god damn dollar.

God Rick Hearst is amazing. NLG was brilliant too. And that whole Rexis scene, even though it was angry and bitter, was shades of the couple I fell in love with. The end, where they said nothing, but just cast each other those looks of shock, fear, sadness, regret, even...got chills. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My Rexis!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

The character of Carly needs to be put to pasture. I can't believe the show is treating Jax's rape like a fucking joke.

I think Coop is gonna die. Maxie has just started obsessing over Logan.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar

Ooooooooooooo Rexis, me likey. :D I can't wait for clips so I can watch. My babies! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Don't forget to VOTE in the DR Top 20 polls!!! Support GH!! :)

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Wow, what a week!

LOVED the Rexis stuff, and ITA Bella~! Great Banner, :)

Good Friday show. I knew Lucita(name? sp?) the nanny was going to bite the dust, so no suprise there. Either way, GH has def been solid most of the summer, IMO, and I can't wait for what's to come.

Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, so I have been busy at work and with studying, so I didn't comment really much this week.

But I really liked it!

Nothing major is going on, but it's still interesting.

I didn't watch Friday yet, so my comments are about Tue - Thu.

It's so awesome to have Georgie three days a week! Her and Spinelli are really cute together and I hope they really do get a storyline of their own. What I didn't like was how, Georgie was talking about Jason being a murderer, yet she's talking about it as if he's a mailman or whatever... like it's a completely normal profession.

I love having Alexis back! I missed NLG so much! She's wonderful! Can't wait to see her get caught up more into this Trevor/Ric war around Molly! Speaking of Trevor, he's another great addition to the cast! GH definitely has the best newbies this year!

And Kate and Sonny are GREAT! I only actually love Sonny when he's with Kate or Alexis!

It's so stupid that writers didn't develop Coop's character more. Because Maxie and Coop WERE popular in the beginning! When they were trapped together during the hostage crisis, people LOVED them from the get go and even hoped that Coop was staying on the show. Then the writers totally dropped Coop and he started to appear like 5 times a month.

I am liking Maxie/Logan/Lulu a bit more now. But I hate that Lulu will be heartbroken.

I hope Maxie/Lulu catfight is arriving! :D

I actually liked Lucky and Liz being nice to each other on Thursday. It reminded me so much why I loved them in the past!!

Carly is a bitch and I wish she died. I think I'm gonna say this sentence in every post of mine until this happens.. :lol:

And what is up with Nikolas' office leasing stuff? And the whole Alfred thing? Is that a part of a new storyline for Nikolas? I am totally confused about that... :lol:

Even if we did have the dominance of Carly again this week, it was nice seeing Georgie, Alexis, Nikolas, Emily, Ric, Maxie.. featured more. I wish Qs are featured more too.

GH has been the most consistent soap this year IMO.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 8 2007, 12:15 PM

I totally agree with you. It has had some slumps but nothing like many of the other soaps.

I would hope that if the next few months are good, GH has a good shot at an Emmy nom next year esp. for the Feb stuff.

Manny
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Sep 8 2007, 07:52 PM
Manny
Sep 8 2007, 12:15 PM

I totally agree with you. It has had some slumps but nothing like many of the other soaps.

I would hope that if the next few months are good, GH has a good shot at an Emmy nom next year esp. for the Feb stuff.

I'm glad you agree with me! :D I was actually expecting many people to yell at me about how GH is a horrible show! :lol: :lol:

I am really confident that next months will be really building up to November sweeps (and I'm sure it will be a good build up) and that November sweeps will have something awesome! GH totally deserves to be nominated for best show next year!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Manny I am down on soaps now but I do try to judge them in light of what is good and what is bad compared to today's standards. And even though GH has had some bad months, I agree that consistently this year it has been a lot better than the other soaps.

I felt it actually had a more consistent 2006 even though it was nothing to greatly brag about, and it didn't get a nom for that. So who knows. In this present day of ever increasing politics who knows what the Emmy noms will look like.

I do feel that GH will pull SOD's Best Show of 2007 and repeat last years win in that category - unless somebody pays SOD a little more money for the honor. LOL

Manny
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Sep 8 2007, 08:15 PM
Manny I am down on soaps now but I do try to judge them in light of what is good and what is bad compared to today's standards. And even though GH has had some bad months, I agree that consistently this year it has been a lot better than the other soaps.

I felt it actually had a more consistent 2006 even though it was nothing to greatly brag about, and it didn't get a nom for that. So who knows. In this present day of ever increasing politics who knows what the Emmy noms will look like.

I do feel that GH will pull SOD's Best Show of 2007 and repeat last years win in that category - unless somebody pays SOD a little more money for the honor. LOL

I actually am down on soaps myself, so I can totally understand you... if it weren't for MetroCourt Crisis that brought me to GH, I would not be watching ANY soap right now! I gave up Y&R and DAYS this year... and other soaps didn't do a lot to make me start watching.

I didn't watch GH in 2006, so I can't really judge...

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar

Are we watching the same soap? GH consistent? Have you all not seen the Liason show since Feb? Have you all not seen character after charater, three major couples, and countless histories of character destoryed? Have you all not see the ratings plumminting lower and lower and each week?

GH has no heart. No soul. No substane. If you're not Liz or Jason or Liason fans, you're getting fucked over. And if you are, you're getting fucked over.

THere's very little redeeming about GH right now, IMO.

merigo

Mateo
Sep 6 2007, 12:21 AM
^^^LMAO!!!

It had been awhile since we saw Molly. Heck even Alexis has been non-exsistent for a bit, :(

Things have definitely slowed down a bit, since the first part of the trial and the stuff that led up to that.

I mostly tune in for select scenes here and there. I just can't pull myself away~

I Love NLG and rick George & Spin Like Coop HATE Logan And LuLU . I was good too see Alexis and Molly I am enjoying this mob War so far

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Bella, For me when I say consistent I am talking about in interest and technical caliber.

I have not noticed as many boring drops and technical downfalls as I have noticed on many of the other soaps.

As far as who is being featured there is not one soap on that is consistent on that except for GL. But they have lacked in so many other areas - esp. in the boring department up until recently.

GH has not featured who it should be featuring but their new characters have been interesting. They have not taken over the show but have been integrated well. They have done well at establishing new couples to root for which no other show has done well for me. They have actually managed to make me like Kirsten Storms which I felt I never would be able to do.

They need to fix a lot of things. I am so over Liason and tired of the Jason show. Sad but if you watch soaps today you have to deal with that. You complain but just go on, but with the stupid writers we have today you have to deal with it.

The way I look at it if I rated GH this way - in regards to:

what it should be: fails big time
what it used to be: fails big time
what it can be: fails big time

for what it is: passes unlike any other

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply