Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passionate Days Ahead...(well almost...); Passions talk for Wk of Sept. 4th.
Topic Started: Sep 3 2007, 10:31 PM (2,082 Views)
Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm too scared/sad to watch today's eppy, LoL! Haven't read any spoilers for it, and I still can't believe it's the final one!!

Goodbye PASSIONS!! :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I feel so stupid. I forgot that it was the last episode up until around 2:30. I managed to catch the last half hour.

Vincent/Valerie was expected but still cool to see it come together.

HA @ Gwen shocking Ethan with his son!!

Mason

The final NBC episode was great. It could have been better, IMO, but considering it's PASSIONS, I'll take what I can get.

LOVED the final scene and the look on Terror's face when Gwen walked in with Ethan's kid. I hate that the stupid T/E/G triangle is STILL going, but that scene was priceless! :D

I do have one MAJOR bone to pick with the episode, though.

WHERE was REBECCA?!?!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This is going to be long but I need to catch up for not commenting this week.

I will start with the week as a whole which was atrocious. July and half of August were so full of suspense and tension and everything petered out at the end. It almost makes me wonder if they should have saved Luis's execution for the finale. I mean, Tuesday and Wednesday were bland as hell and yesterday was better but also below average. It felt like the show regressed to earlier this year. I also hate the brain chip crap. It's a ripoff of the Princess Gina story on Days and I think JER could've created a better way of having Alistair control Fancy. How about having him reveal to her that Marty is alive and then using that to force her to come back to him and to break up with Luis? Fancy would totally do that for Luis because she knows how broken up he was over losing Marty. It's stupid and I can't believe JER has gone so sci-fi lately. He did it on Days with Captive Island with the weather machines and magnetic floors and now he is pulling this crap on Passions. I like it much better when it's more supernatural then sci-fi/technologically based.

I also hated how this whole week as nothing more then stalling with Theresa/Ethan/Gwen. I know they had to wait until the very end but how about using that time for more productive reasons rather then having to rush so much at the end of this finale.

I adored the Theresa/Whitney goodbye scenes. Lindsey was so good but Brook was equally bad. Brook was better with Tracey Ross in her goodbye scenes to Eve but that isn't saying much because Ross was at her worst. Just terrible. The Theresa/Whitney montage was nice but why didn't Simone get a chance to say goodbye? They could've used the insane amount of time dedicated to ET to say goodbye to Simone. Ugh. The goodbye to Whitney as a whole blew chunks because Brook really stopped caring and it was just a mess. Dreadful. Thank God Lindsey and that nice montage saved the Theresa/Whitney stuff. I also hate that they didn't even bring TC back to say goodbye to his daughters. His absence is glaring in so much that has happened. Rodney is on recurring. Use him.

Vincent being alive was predictable. Whenever you hear a person "could've never survived that," expect the person to show up alive soon. I did like Sheridan bringing up her blaming Luis for Marty being taken. Good stuff there.

One question...when did Edna and Norma leave? I don't remember seeing them exit or mention they were going.

Now, on to the finale.

Up until the last 15 minutes, it was dull. I mean, very dull. While I did know what was going to happen and it was clear they were building things up through the episode as far as the cliffhangers go, it could've been handled better. They dragged Ethan/Theresa out way too much this week so, despite the fact that I appreciated the effort to build up the event of Ethan meeting his son only to pull the rug out from under all of us, it didn't have the full effect it should've because we spent all week watching Theresa telling Ethan about "his son" at his bedside. It was buildup overkill.

As much as I hate the Fancy brain chip mess, that was a nice cliffhanger with her collapsing after the bloody nose and headache. It showed Pretty still cares and we also see the conflict in her over whether she should believe Al or not. I hope this is heading somewhere interesting because I don't like the brain chip premise at all.

The best and most emotional moment of the finale was Sheridan seeing Marty. I'm not sure what MW did during her maternity leave but she has really recovered her talent. Even in emotional scenes, she has done well. The music and feel of that scene was perfect. It felt epic. Great job all around. The new Marty looks a little too much like Beth for my taste and I hate that we had Marty playing in what looks like Whitney's old bedroom but it was still good. Love Spike and love "take no crap" Sheridan. Her holding Spike at gunpoint was great. Love Chris Maleki too.

The stuff at Tabitha's was alright. It was a little too "Hell in the Closet" for my taste but I thought it was a nice way of bring the show full circle and back to the supernatural roots. Miguel learning both Kay and Tabitha were witches was nice and I liked how Miguel mentioned all the supernatural events the show had in 8 years. Again, it felt like a culmination of sorts. Nicole Cox impressed me because it had to be freaky working with those demons with all that stuff going on. I do enjoy Tabitha and Kay's friendship and the end where they realized both Miguel and Endora were gone was sad. Juliet and Heidi did a good job with that. I never called for Bellani but Cox better not be gone. With all the false info lately in regards to casting, there is no telling what will happen. I was sure she was still recurring. It would suck if she was out.

I don't get the Fox/Esme thing. JER spends all summer transitioning Fox into this story and building up a potential romance with Fox/Esme that finally culminates today with their lovemaking and you kill him? I get that he probably did it to throw us off and to get us to think Fox was going nowhere but still it felt like a waste. It was almost senseless. Erin Cardillo was great in her scenes and proved she can handle dramatic material. I never liked Wystrach but he did well today and he has been pretty solid since being paired with Esme. I saw so much potential here. It's so sad. Good end there. I am glad JER held to his word and killed a big character, even if Fox really hadn't been a major character since Justin Hartley left. I suppose I am more sad because the chances of Justin returning as Fox are slim now, not that they were good anyway. I would like to think it's not Viki but I can't see how it can't be. They mentioned that Fox looks like her father and see heard Esme mentions her father's death. Viki seems to have issues so it looks pretty obvious, which means she is the killer with JER at the helm. All of his mysteries have been predictable of late. I hope JER pulls a shock and makes it someone else but I doubt it and can't see who else would want to kill Fox as al was busy at the time and there was no other possible suspects.

Tracey Ross has just been horrible but good seeing Daphne again. Daphne handled the Vincent/Val reveal well. I was kind of hoping they would go the supernatural route and have him transforming into Valerie but whatever. I guess JER forgot how the stalker was hinted at being a supernatural being back in January when he had that smoking vile or whatever and manipulated Ethan into walking across town to the mansion and into Theresa's bed. Philip Jeanmarie was also brilliant in his scenes. This was a predictable reveal but a nice cliffhanger. It was played well and I loved Vincent's last line about being mad as hell. It was more Passions "full circle" stuff as it showed Passions' fetish for masks and impostors. I do hate the fact that this implies Julian slept with his own son but this also makes me think Vincent is not the "Evian" child. JER pushes the limits but I don't see him going that far.

Sam, Ivy, and Julian felt out of place but it was still nice for their fans to see them once more. They felt thrown in a bit but I like that Sam/Ivy reunited and that Sam and Julian bonded over their roles, past and present, in Ethan's life. Nice nod to history and, while the Sam/Ivy reunion felt rushed and had very little buildup (if at all), I liked it. Good way of mentioning history.

I have already mentioned how horribly paced the ET stuff was all week but the ending was great, even if it once again screwed the ET fanbase (more proof JER doesn't give a damn about fans). I loved the music they used for the scene and the way they edited it with Pilar bringing Little Ethan so that Gwen coming in would be a shock. Good job not using Gwen until the end either. It really pulled the rug out from under me, despite me knowing it would happen. The look on Ethan's face was priceless and it was played well by Eric, Liza, and Lindsey. Good cliffhanger even though it means the never ending saga continues. Missed Rebecca though.

I really liked how the last two months, especially this week and particularly today, paid homage to so much of what Passions was in the past and has grown to be. The nods to masks and impostors (Vincent/Val), show history, the supernatural and demons (Miguel/Kay/Tabitha/Endora), Norma/Edna, Theresa's "8 year" lines, sexual humor, camp, etc. There was so much greatness in the past two months and, while things got a little dry towards the end, I thank Passions and JER for taking things out on NBC with a bang for the most part. It's weird how there were nostalgic moments reflecting Passions' past but we also saw a reflection of the "shock and awe" storytelling that drives it now. It has always driven it but, moreso, now. This finale reflected that. It was also fitting what story ended the finale. The Theresa/Ethan/Gwen story has been the one story that kept the show interesting, even when it went bad. It may be never ending and not always fan pleasing but Lindsey, Liza, Andrea, and even Eric (still like Travis better) make it worth it. The show underwent changes over the years and what started out being driven by Juliet, Mac, and Galen ended up being driven by Lindsey, Liza, and Emily in recent times. Lindsey Hartley had to be in the last scene. She is the "it" girl and she has kept this show afloat over the last few years, as has this story. Fitting IMO.

Goodbye Passions. It's been great and hopefully my arrangements to continue watching you work out :lol:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Phoenix, IA with your post. Especially the remarks about the character of Fox. It's such a waste how Fox has been ruined ever since Justin left the role.

Mason

Q Steph
Sep 7 2007, 05:44 PM
Phoenix, IA with your post. Especially the remarks about the character of Fox. It's such a waste how Fox has been ruined ever since Justin left the role.

Yup. But at least now that he's dead, Fox can't be ruined any further.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 7 2007, 04:07 PM
LOVED the final scene and the look on Terror's face when Gwen walked in with Ethan's kid. I hate that the stupid T/E/G triangle is STILL going, but that scene was priceless! :D

BWAHAHAHA! I saw the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes online. Gwen shut that bitch DOWN!

Ahahahahahaha!

Even if PASSIONS weren't moving to DirecTV, this would have been the PERFECT ending for me.

Take THAT, Theresa!
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Oh, JER, you're amazing!!!

This was the PERFECT finale for NBC. The only flaw I really had was that EVERY scene ended with Theresa and Ethan, which was basically the least exciting until the end. Anyway, onto all my thoughts on the episode....

Kay/Tabitha/Miguel/Endora/Demons- GREAT STUFF!!! Perfect supernatural climax. I love that Miguel knows about Tabitha and Kay now, but good grief....Adrian sure didn't put forth any acting effort in his last day!

Fox/Esme/Vikki- I kind of think that Vikki is a red herring. I mean, I know there's more to her than meets the eye, but I don't think she was Fox's shooter. As much as I hated Fox for most of this year, these passed few weeks he's been great. The actress who plays Esme did a fantastic job handling the ending scenes with his death.

Sheridan/Spike- I LOVE LOVE LOVED these scenes!!! Mac was just amazing and I wish JER would let Sheridan become the leading heroine again because Mac is proving that she can handle it.

Luis/Fancy/Alistiar/Pretty- I didn't expect the blood and headaches. I thought this would turn into an "Evil Fancy" story but I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

Theresa/Ethan/Gwen- LMAO at the ending!!! Even though I saw it coming from a mile away, the way it played out was PERFECT! I loved Gwen's evil grin at Theresa and Theresa's look of horror and shock. :lol: :lol:

Vincent/Valerie/Eve- Just like the Gwen's baby stuff, this was predictable but enjoyable. I loved seeing Valerie again.

Did anyone notice that all of the original cast members were on today? :) :)

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought the only weak point to the whole finale for me is still the lame special effects in the supernatural stuff. For me supernatural only comes off good when the effects are right. The fire stuff and all coming out of Tabitha and Kay's hands as usual was so poorly done.

But that was the only problem for me. I loved it all. It was a great finale for me since I don't get Direct TV.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^^Steve, uhh you know I love you, but Passions has always had poorly done special effects. LoL Those never bothered me. The only time I was bothered was when the 1)supernatural stuff was backburned, and 2)when it did come back, it was always fluffy and cute, as apposed to what we saw in the NBC finale. That remineded me of CLASSIC Passions.

I just finished the last eppy, and WOW. I'm seriously sad, and somewhat annoyed, that I won't be able to see it on DirectTV. Even if they offer it for a fee, uhm, ya I love the show, but I'm not going to pay EXTRA to see it, LoL.

At least, since it's not really done for, I got my E/T finale, and so much more. Sure, there are going to be twists when it moves to DirectTV, and ya E/T are not really married since Teresa is still married to Al, but I don't care. I saw them have a wedding and in great style saw a cliffhanger with the whole Gwen/Baby? twist that was well worth it.

Still can't believe Fox is dead, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him pop back up if PSSNS on DTV does well. I thought the scene was done great and the build up between him and Esme was spot on. Good stuff.

LOVED the Tabs/Kay/Migs/Endora stuff. As I mentioned, classic passions.

Luis/Fancy scenes were ok, and then she starts bleeding from the nose! WTF, LoL. Juxstapose that against Sher Sher finding out Marty REALLY is alive. DAMN you JER, you would do this us!!!

Either way, I'm glad I've been watching this show, and even though things got really rough at times, I'm a satisfied viewer!! :)

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

oooOOoooOO, and the Vincent/Val stuff!!! I can't believe I forgot. Even though I knew it was coming for months, I loved the way it played out in this eppy. TR's acting has definitely taken a turn for the worse, but other than that, her scenes with V*2 were great.

::sigh:: I think I'm going to wear black all week in memorium of the show, :lol:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh Mateo I know they have always been that way. I have always hated that. Like I said for me, things like that just hurt. I just have always felt if you are going to have them that is something that money needs to be spent on. When they look wimpy and Passions special affects always have, then it takes away from the impact - at least for me.

But that was my only complaint. I am glad they brought them back for the finale, but it just reminded me of one of the reasons Passions had trouble with being taken seriously. the supernatural elements just needed better effects.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

Now, on to the finale.

Up until the last 15 minutes, it was dull. I mean, very dull.

Phoenix... it wasn't just you. I was TOTALLY unspoiled and I felt the same way.

But damn those last 15 minutes. I got my money's worth. Was very sad to see Passions go. And after it was over for about 5 seconds actually thought about buying DirectTV. Not going to, but damn I thought about it for 5 seconds.

Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Sep 7 2007, 09:24 PM
Oh, JER, you're amazing!!!

This was the PERFECT finale for NBC. The only flaw I really had was that EVERY scene ended with Theresa and Ethan, which was basically the least exciting until the end. Anyway, onto all my thoughts on the episode....

Kay/Tabitha/Miguel/Endora/Demons- GREAT STUFF!!! Perfect supernatural climax. I love that Miguel knows about Tabitha and Kay now, but good grief....Adrian sure didn't put forth any acting effort in his last day!

Fox/Esme/Vikki- I kind of think that Vikki is a red herring. I mean, I know there's more to her than meets the eye, but I don't think she was Fox's shooter. As much as I hated Fox for most of this year, these passed few weeks he's been great. The actress who plays Esme did a fantastic job handling the ending scenes with his death.

Sheridan/Spike- I LOVE LOVE LOVED these scenes!!! Mac was just amazing and I wish JER would let Sheridan become the leading heroine again because Mac is proving that she can handle it.

Luis/Fancy/Alistiar/Pretty- I didn't expect the blood and headaches. I thought this would turn into an "Evil Fancy" story but I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

Theresa/Ethan/Gwen- LMAO at the ending!!! Even though I saw it coming from a mile away, the way it played out was PERFECT! I loved Gwen's evil grin at Theresa and Theresa's look of horror and shock. :lol: :lol:

Vincent/Valerie/Eve- Just like the Gwen's baby stuff, this was predictable but enjoyable. I loved seeing Valerie again.

Did anyone notice that all of the original cast members were on today? :) :)

psycho, the fact that every seg ended with ET was my FAVORITE part. I felt it was very fitting and appropriate to build with that story, slowly but emotionally, just to pay homage to the contribution of Theresa's character to daytime, Lindsay as an actress, and the ET love affair that has driven the show since the beginning. It was also great because, having things built up so slowly and happily, for the unspoiled, really made the Gwen reveal priceless and shocking. The mood IMMEDIATELY changed and I think that's what made that cliffhanger a hit, most of all. You needed that quiet before the storm.

As for Vikki, I disagree, Phoenix. I think it doesn't matter that we can safely guess she's the killer. The REAL hook to this story is WHY. Why does this silent, conservative, otherwise sensible looking girl act this way? What makes her a killer? WHY did she kill her parents? Just what is up with her?

I am VERY intrigued to learn EACH AND EVERY one of those answers.

As for the Fancy brain chip thing, I think it's brilliant. Yes, "Days" did it but is that why it's stupid? Not a good enough excuse until you see it play out on THIS show. Having said that, I APPLAUD JER for having the courage to tell a socially relevant story such as this one. Let's face it guys, in these times, more so than in 2000 when "Days" did it, this actually COULD happen. It's a scary thought, but it's plausible and possible. And frankly, on this show, I'd BOYCOTT the show if Al, this man who's "richer than God," DIDN'T go to these kinds of extremes, since he has the money to do such a thing. How else could he control Fancy? Maybe through hypnotism, old school. But that's not fun because where are the gadgets and the flashing lights of the secret room whence he controls her? :lol: Besides, that's not very socially relevant since we need to be warned and on guard from identity THEFT, which, I fear, will soon include devious acts such as this one, and take on a more literal meaning.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SteveFrame
Sep 7 2007, 11:29 PM
I thought the only weak point to the whole finale for me is still the lame special effects in the supernatural stuff. For me supernatural only comes off good when the effects are right. The fire stuff and all coming out of Tabitha and Kay's hands as usual was so poorly done.

But that was the only problem for me. I loved it all. It was a great finale for me since I don't get Direct TV.

See, I look past the special effects because on the one hand, I feel they HAVE to be there for campy purposes. I mean, guys, come on, do we REALLY think the show was trying to scare us with that cat with the glowing eyes? I mean, a CUTE kitty cat (if you want to scare people go with a black one that's losing its hair), that is SO ADORABLE YOU COULD LITERALLY WISH TO EAT IT, all of a sudden having glowing eyes, while maintaining its angelic facial expression? Sorry, that was placed there for humorous purposes. I think this show, as evidenced from the 2001 interview with KJU in Entertainment Weekly, "gets it." Those scenes don't have to be the best in special effects and they don't have to grab us, because they are clearly there, I believe, as part of the joke. The part that SHOULD get us, I think, is when the smoke dies down (literally), the effects are gone, and we realize the horrible truth: Endora is GONE.

That alone scares the SHIT out of me.

Bravo, JER!!!

Bravo, you are the MAN!! YOU ARE THE MAN!! YOU ARE THE FRIGGIN' MAN!!

Loved it all!!!

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mateo
Sep 8 2007, 12:36 AM
^^^Steve, uhh you know I love you, but Passions has always had poorly done special effects. LoL Those never bothered me. The only time I was bothered was when the 1)supernatural stuff was backburned, and 2)when it did come back, it was always fluffy and cute, as apposed to what we saw in the NBC final. That remined me of CLASSIC Passions.

I just finished the last eppy, and WOW. I'm seriously sad, and somewhat annoyed, that I won't be able to see it on DirectTV. Even if they offer it for a fee, uhm, ya I love the show, but I'm not going to pay EXTRA to see it, LoL.

At least, since it's not really done for, I got my E/T finale, and so much more. Sure, there are going to be twists when it moves to DirectTV, and ya E/T are not really married since Teresa is still married to Al, but I don't care. I saw them have a wedding and in great style saw a cliffhanger with the whole Gwen/Baby? twist that was well worth it.

Still can't believe Fox is dead, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him pop back up if PSSNS on DTV does well. I thought the scene was done great and the build up between him and Esme was spot on. Good stuff.

LOVED the Tabs/Kay/Migs/Endora stuff. As I mentioned, classic passions.

Luis/Fancy scenes were ok, and then she starts bleeding from the nose! WTF, LoL. Juxstapose that against Sher Sher finding out Marty REALLY is alive. DAMN you JER, you would do this us!!!

Either way, I'm glad I've been watching this show, and even though things got really rough at times, I'm a satisfied viewer!! :)

Mateo, I totally agree. I HATED when the supernatural just consisted of Endora's thought bubbles and maybe the appearance of some stupid nanny for her. I want FIRE, I want BRIMSTONE, I want the FUCKING BOYS IN THE BASEMENT, MAN!! :lol:

WAIT, HELP!!! I just thought of a question I've been dying to answer EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

Remember how, for the first year or so, Tabby called them the "Friends in the basement?"

I can't remember why, but she stopped that. They became the boys.

Was there a reason for this? Legal action due to that phrase coming from other intellectual property? I know they risked it before when they had Dr. Bombay, from "Bewitched" appear AS "Dr. Bombay," without permission (so I read.) That's the only reason I can think of. I like "Friends" better. It's more eery, and it seemed like, in the beginning, they were trying to go for a more eery feel. Then things got so over-the-top and BAM! They're the "boys in the basement."

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?!!1

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Sep 8 2007, 01:41 AM
Quote:

Now, on to the finale.

Up until the last 15 minutes, it was dull. I mean, very dull.

Phoenix... it wasn't just you. I was TOTALLY unspoiled and I felt the same way.

But damn those last 15 minutes. I got my money's worth. Was very sad to see Passions go. And after it was over for about 5 seconds actually thought about buying DirectTV. Not going to, but damn I thought about it for 5 seconds.

IMiss, please, reconsider your decision. I don't want you to regret it. :lol:

Oh, damn, I'm STILL feeling the effects of that finale. It's just crazy how GOOD it was!!! I really hope I can reconcile DirecTV with my budget. I HAVE to see this show's return.

Oh, one nit-pick. I don't see why NBC couldn't IN SOME WAY indicate this was the last NBC episode, so viewers would know they should switch NOW. I mean, it's not like a competition factor because they still have a stake in the show and hell, if they can advertise the switch, why not advertise the PREMIERE DATE on DirecTV? I fear the ignorant teeny boppers of the backward, un-media savvy portion of the "Passions" audience won't know what the hell's going on come Monday and the days afterward. They won't know that, hey, it moved. :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I'm going to watch it again and see if my opinion changes, but I didn't like it on my first look. This has been such a boring week with lots of stalling for the final week of a soap. They should've been giving the exiting characters a proper exit. I can't believe Simone wasn't better tied into this Vincent story and then given an exit.

If I were thinking of getting DirecTV for PSNS, this wouldn't sell me. As a cliffhanger or final episode it was just underwhelming. I think the show has been more exciting these past few months.

It'll be interesting to see how the show will be when it crosses over. I'm not too crazy about all the exits and what it means for the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I recorded the episode, but still haven't watched it yet. I'll post my thoughts after it's been viewed! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, another era on NBC Daytime is gone. AW and Sunset Beach went bye-bye... now so does Passions. Days stands alone, and will soon fall as well.

This finale was a big letdown, for me personally.

Every scene should've MEANT something. I mean, yes... for a 'regular' episode of Passions, it was good. But for the final episode on NBC? It should've been more engrossing, more meaningful and sweeping. I wanted to see the sense of community that I used to feel in Harmony. I wanted a throwback to the 1999 Carnival days, the innocent days! I wanted to see dramas and payoffs that we've been waiting for throughout the ENTIRE series -- not just for the current stories/twists.

Where were the flashbacks and the meaningful "this is THE moment we've waited for" conversations? Also, I found that the background music really did nothing to enhance the scenes as it should've.

Also, this episode had way too much villain-y stuff. Vincent/Valerie, Sheridan/Spike, Alistair/Pretty. This show's over-the-top villains should've been toned down, at least for this final network-aired episode.

I mean, if it wasn't the finale, I would've said it was great. Because for a regular episode, it WAS great. It reminded me quite a bit of the JER from the 90's. Multiple stories playing out with payoffs and cliffhangers in each. Stories played somewhat more seriously than they have been... which is really what the show needed, IMO. It was a nice change of pace. However, for a FINALE? IMO, the finale episode should've been all that and then some, and unfortunately... it lacked.

I wanted a Timmy flashback from Tabitha, at least once. And why wasn't Charity mentioned, even once? This show used to revolve around her pathetic ass! LoL

The Miguel/Tabitha/Kay scenes were ridiculous. Lame. Such hideous acting from everyone! What was the point, anyway? Dark side, saintly side... who gives a fuck? Endora's fucking four! Move along.

The Sheridan/Spike scenes were good. McKenzie Westmore kicks ass as a gun-toting madwoman! She reminds me so much of Kristen Blake DiMera, LoL. I totally think that JER is modeling her after Kristen! I love her attitude of "there's no such thing as going TOO FAR to get what I want!" I also loved the way that the dramatic music from the Sheridan/Spike scene ("You had better show me that calendar close up before I shoot you close up!") carried right over to the Luis/Fancy scene with her in bed grabbing her nose. That was a musical cue that I actually enjoyed.

Theresa/Ethan... YAAAAWN. I hate any hospital/hovering over the bed scenes, on any soap. Puts me to sleep everytime! As a Theresa/Ethan fan, I think they should've had a really sweet payoff for this finale. I also think a really fun ending would've been for us to see a picture of Ethan/Theresa on the cover of a magazine as some young, teenage girl rips the picture in half... a total throwback to the very first time we saw Theresa ripping the magazine picture of Ethan and Gwen in half. Only now, Theresa's in the same position that Gwen was in when Theresa came into her life and 'ripped it to shreds.'

But, the last dramatic moment with Gwen walking in, carrying the baby in her arms... that was good. Totally unexpected from me, too! A definite shocker. Can't believe JER still has it in him! LoL

Anyway, buh-bye, Passions! It's been an experience. I hope those switching to DirecTV don't expect any of these story threads to be wrapped up. In fact, half of the cliffhangers are probably just red herrings that won't lead anyplace, LoL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply