Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passionate Days Ahead...(well almost...); Passions talk for Wk of Sept. 4th.
Topic Started: Sep 3 2007, 10:31 PM (2,172 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

So...didnt Vincent/Val sleep with "their" father, Julian?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

JERSoapsFan
Sep 8 2007, 03:23 AM
psychofan
Sep 7 2007, 09:24 PM
Oh, JER, you're amazing!!!

This was the PERFECT finale for NBC.  The only flaw I really had was that EVERY scene ended with Theresa and Ethan, which was basically the least exciting until the end.  Anyway, onto all my thoughts on the episode....

Kay/Tabitha/Miguel/Endora/Demons- GREAT STUFF!!!  Perfect supernatural climax.  I love that Miguel knows about Tabitha and Kay now, but good grief....Adrian sure didn't put forth any acting effort in his last day!

Fox/Esme/Vikki- I kind of think that Vikki is a red herring.  I mean, I know there's more to her than meets the eye, but I don't think she was Fox's shooter.  As much as I hated Fox for most of this year, these passed few weeks he's been great.  The actress who plays Esme did a fantastic job handling the ending scenes with his death.

Sheridan/Spike- I LOVE LOVE LOVED these scenes!!!  Mac was just amazing and I wish JER would let Sheridan become the leading heroine again because Mac is proving that she can handle it. 

Luis/Fancy/Alistiar/Pretty- I didn't expect the blood and headaches.  I thought this would turn into an "Evil Fancy" story but I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

Theresa/Ethan/Gwen- LMAO at the ending!!! Even though I saw it coming from a mile away, the way it played out was PERFECT!  I loved Gwen's evil grin at Theresa and Theresa's look of horror and shock.  :lol:  :lol:

Vincent/Valerie/Eve- Just like the Gwen's baby stuff, this was predictable but enjoyable.  I loved seeing Valerie again.

Did anyone notice that all of the original cast members were on today?  :)  :)

psycho, the fact that every seg ended with ET was my FAVORITE part. I felt it was very fitting and appropriate to build with that story, slowly but emotionally, just to pay homage to the contribution of Theresa's character to daytime, Lindsay as an actress, and the ET love affair that has driven the show since the beginning. It was also great because, having things built up so slowly and happily, for the unspoiled, really made the Gwen reveal priceless and shocking. The mood IMMEDIATELY changed and I think that's what made that cliffhanger a hit, most of all. You needed that quiet before the storm.

As for Vikki, I disagree, Phoenix. I think it doesn't matter that we can safely guess she's the killer. The REAL hook to this story is WHY. Why does this silent, conservative, otherwise sensible looking girl act this way? What makes her a killer? WHY did she kill her parents? Just what is up with her?

I am VERY intrigued to learn EACH AND EVERY one of those answers.

As for the Fancy brain chip thing, I think it's brilliant. Yes, "Days" did it but is that why it's stupid? Not a good enough excuse until you see it play out on THIS show. Having said that, I APPLAUD JER for having the courage to tell a socially relevant story such as this one. Let's face it guys, in these times, more so than in 2000 when "Days" did it, this actually COULD happen. It's a scary thought, but it's plausible and possible. And frankly, on this show, I'd BOYCOTT the show if Al, this man who's "richer than God," DIDN'T go to these kinds of extremes, since he has the money to do such a thing. How else could he control Fancy? Maybe through hypnotism, old school. But that's not fun because where are the gadgets and the flashing lights of the secret room whence he controls her? :lol: Besides, that's not very socially relevant since we need to be warned and on guard from identity THEFT, which, I fear, will soon include devious acts such as this one, and take on a more literal meaning.

JSF...don't get me wrong. I have no problem with controversial stories or stories that push the envelope. I would like to see it more. Hell, I gave JER props for going the all out incest route. I didn't even complain when it was revealed Chad slept with his own uncle. However, when it is revealed Julian has had sex with his own son, that is a little too much. Although, it should be noted, we have no idea how long Vincent has been disguised as Valeire. Perhaps it wasn't until recently. I think there is more to this because I can't see JER going that far.

As for Viki, I just hope she is a read herring. Yes, even if she is the killer, it's interesting. I just want JER to shock me with one of his mysteries because he hasn't in a long time. Passions Red and Vendetta were disappointing and so was the Vincent reveal, even if it gave us great story. All those were predictable. I just want him to make it look like Viki did it and then shock us by saying someone else did it. If it's Viki, I am ok with it as there is potential there but I guess I lean a bit more in the other direction too.

We will have to disagree on T/E/G. The buildup during the finale was fine but they did not have to drag things out the whole week at the expense of other stories. I would've loved to see TC say goodbye to his daughters and it would've been nice if Simone had some actual goodbye scenes. Same goes for Edna and Norma, both of whom disappeared without a mention. Some more Fox/Esme buildup scenes wouldn't have hurt too.

The brain chip thing is something I am not all out bashing. I am bashing the premise of the brain chip but I do like the turn it took with Fancy's bloody nose and the effect it is having on Pretty. It's helping Pretty's character IMO. I just don't like the use of the brain chip because, to me, JER can do what he is trying to do here in other ways. That's all.

I am so glad Kenny mentioned the Kristian/Sheridan comparison. While I hated how quick she transformed, that is definitely what Sheridan has become. She is like the Passions version of Kristen and it has awakened MW from her acting slumber.

I can see why some find this finale underwhelming. Like I said, up until the last 15 minutes, it was dull. The whole week was up until that point and the show should've been firing on all cylinders all week right up until the final moment. I also think they should've indicated that this was the last NBC show somehow. It felt like nothing special and they could've done more to give closure to those who won't be able to see the show whether they did it through flashbacks or historical mentions. I mean, there were little things like some Passions traits and plot points coming full circle and some mentions in dialogue but alot of it was so subtle that I'm not sure everyone caught on.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, Sheridan is sooo not on the same level as Kristen! Sorry, there's just no comparison.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Thank you, Mason!! Sheesh.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Nubia
Sep 8 2007, 09:40 AM

He/She also slept with their uncle. Damn, Jer. :unsure:

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Q Steph
Sep 8 2007, 03:40 PM
Nubia

He/She almost slept with their uncle. Damn, Jer. :unsure:

Well...He/She slept with Uncle Chad...and Papa Julian.....oy

Mason
Member Avatar

I wonder if, to fix the whole thing about the Julian/Valerie sex (because, honestly, I don't think JER would even go there), they'll make it something like that really was Valerie at the time, but between then and now Vincent killed Valerie and started impersonating her or something?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 8 2007, 09:27 PM
I wonder if, to fix the whole thing about the Julian/Valerie sex (because, honestly, I don't think JER would even go there), they'll make it something like that really was Valerie at the time, but between then and now Vincent killed Valerie and started impersonating her or something?

I think that is where this is going. I just don't see JER having Julian sleep with his son. The guy has to have some limits :lol: .

Oh, and in no way is Sheridan on the same level as Kristen acting or character-wise. I think some of us just noted the comparison and how she is written now compared to her being a heroine prior to this.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 8 2007, 09:27 PM

OK I missed a lot of the Valerie stuff but when that reveal happened I just assumed that's what had happened. Was I not supposed to do that?

eta:

OK I am rewatching my tape of Passions right now (because I'm cool like that) and at the beginning of the episode when Eve is showing up at Valerie's place you have Vincent and a woman's voice arguing and Vincent threatening to kill her if she doesn't do something he wants (like hide, maybe?). So I'm thinking he either killed Valerie or just impersonates her sometimes.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 8 2007, 06:40 AM
I recorded the episode, but still haven't watched it yet. I'll post my thoughts after it's been viewed! :)

I hope so, Kenny. I've been dying to hear your viewers more than anything!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I think Valerie must have existed at some point as an actual person until Vincent did something to her (most likely killed her) and started this whole split personality thing with him sometimes being Valerie.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 8 2007, 08:44 AM
Well, another era on NBC Daytime is gone. AW and Sunset Beach went bye-bye... now so does Passions. Days stands alone, and will soon fall as well.

This finale was a big letdown, for me personally.

Every scene should've MEANT something. I mean, yes... for a 'regular' episode of Passions, it was good. But for the final episode on NBC? It should've been more engrossing, more meaningful and sweeping. I wanted to see the sense of community that I used to feel in Harmony. I wanted a throwback to the 1999 Carnival days, the innocent days! I wanted to see dramas and payoffs that we've been waiting for throughout the ENTIRE series -- not just for the current stories/twists.

Where were the flashbacks and the meaningful "this is THE moment we've waited for" conversations? Also, I found that the background music really did nothing to enhance the scenes as it should've.

Also, this episode had way too much villain-y stuff. Vincent/Valerie, Sheridan/Spike, Alistair/Pretty. This show's over-the-top villains should've been toned down, at least for this final network-aired episode.

I mean, if it wasn't the finale, I would've said it was great. Because for a regular episode, it WAS great. It reminded me quite a bit of the JER from the 90's. Multiple stories playing out with payoffs and cliffhangers in each. Stories played somewhat more seriously than they have been... which is really what the show needed, IMO. It was a nice change of pace. However, for a FINALE? IMO, the finale episode should've been all that and then some, and unfortunately... it lacked.

I wanted a Timmy flashback from Tabitha, at least once. And why wasn't Charity mentioned, even once? This show used to revolve around her pathetic ass! LoL

The Miguel/Tabitha/Kay scenes were ridiculous. Lame. Such hideous acting from everyone! What was the point, anyway? Dark side, saintly side... who gives a fuck? Endora's fucking four! Move along.

The Sheridan/Spike scenes were good. McKenzie Westmore kicks ass as a gun-toting madwoman! She reminds me so much of Kristen Blake DiMera, LoL. I totally think that JER is modeling her after Kristen! I love her attitude of "there's no such thing as going TOO FAR to get what I want!" I also loved the way that the dramatic music from the Sheridan/Spike scene ("You had better show me that calendar close up before I shoot you close up!") carried right over to the Luis/Fancy scene with her in bed grabbing her nose. That was a musical cue that I actually enjoyed.

Theresa/Ethan... YAAAAWN. I hate any hospital/hovering over the bed scenes, on any soap. Puts me to sleep everytime! As a Theresa/Ethan fan, I think they should've had a really sweet payoff for this finale. I also think a really fun ending would've been for us to see a picture of Ethan/Theresa on the cover of a magazine as some young, teenage girl rips the picture in half... a total throwback to the very first time we saw Theresa ripping the magazine picture of Ethan and Gwen in half. Only now, Theresa's in the same position that Gwen was in when Theresa came into her life and 'ripped it to shreds.'

But, the last dramatic moment with Gwen walking in, carrying the baby in her arms... that was good. Totally unexpected from me, too! A definite shocker. Can't believe JER still has it in him! LoL

Anyway, buh-bye, Passions! It's been an experience. I hope those switching to DirecTV don't expect any of these story threads to be wrapped up. In fact, half of the cliffhangers are probably just red herrings that won't lead anyplace, LoL.

Well, as evidenced from my past comments, I almost totally disagree with you, lol. I loved the finale and thought it delivered in every way. The fact is, NBC didn't ADVERTISE it as the last NBC episode (something I'm still pissed from), so why should JER write it as a last NBC episode? I'd wager that a minority of fans even knew it was the last NBC episode since a minority of them are media-savvy about these things, and NBC sure as heck didn't advertise it as such. I think, though the show didn't serve as a great "finale," (as in series), it served as an incredible season finale. It definitely got me hooked and hoping to get DirecTV.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 8 2007, 03:46 PM
Oh, Sheridan is sooo not on the same level as Kristen! Sorry, there's just no comparison.

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying... she's being written similarly. Or should I say "was," LoL

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I watched it as just another episode, because it wasn't the finale :unsure: I wasn't disappointed at all. IMO this was just a good old fashioned cliff hanger to get people tuning in once it's gone from NBC

I wonder if it's a coincidence that I saw three DirecTV vans in town today? :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You know if I didn't get cable free with my rent I would so be ordering DirecTV right now. *sigh*

Not just because of Passions, but I'm also secretly a college sports whore and my bitchass cable company won't carry the Big Ten Network so if I want to see those football and basketball games I have to subscribe to DirecTV.

I just can't justify it though when I get my cable free (or am going to be paying for regular cable anyway) with my rent.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Haven't watched the recordings yet, but am curious- what (if anything) was the deal with Pilar? There was a spoiler about Rebecca and Gwen finding out she's not so perfect, but in what I've read so far there isn't any mention...

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

px780
Sep 9 2007, 06:40 AM
Haven't watched the recordings yet, but am curious- what (if anything) was the deal with Pilar? There was a spoiler about Rebecca and Gwen finding out she's not so perfect, but in what I've read so far there isn't any mention...

I don't think that starts until next month on DTV.

It looked like she was going to murder Fox, but when he was murdered she was at the hospital so it couldn't have been her. :-/

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Sep 9 2007, 02:37 AM
I watched it as just another episode, because it wasn't the finale :unsure: I wasn't disappointed at all. IMO this was just a good old fashioned cliff hanger to get people tuning in once it's gone from NBC

I wonder if it's a coincidence that I saw three DirecTV vans in town today? :lol:

I agree, Rick. It served as what someone on another forum said was like a good old-fashioned 'Dallas cliffhanger - times six,' lol.

It would TOTALLY hook you with all those cliffhangers. I think it served its purpose. And again, the net didn't advertise it as the last network episode so why should JER write it that way?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Sep 9 2007, 02:42 AM
You know if I didn't get cable free with my rent I would so be ordering DirecTV right now. *sigh*

Not just because of Passions, but I'm also secretly a college sports whore and my bitchass cable company won't carry the Big Ten Network so if I want to see those football and basketball games I have to subscribe to DirecTV.

I just can't justify it though when I get my cable free (or am going to be paying for regular cable anyway) with my rent.

IMiss, I LOVED, LOVED LOVED that finale so much. And it sucks because I have this thing about living below my means. It allows me to bank funds and be financially responsible and not worry about living paycheck to paycheck. So, since I too get my cable with my rent, it is REALLY hard to justify paying FIFTY DOLLARS a month just to get only one channel I'll care about. Granted, a second after that finale, I was ALL "Oh, shit, I'm going to violate the rules. I'm getting DirecTV. Screw the budget. Screw the bank account in the ASSHOLE WHERE IT HURTS!! I'm getting DirecTV!!!"

But now I've come to my senses. I intend to use the online sources available -- for now. We'll see how that goes.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 8 2007, 04:19 PM
Q Steph
Sep 8 2007, 03:40 PM
Nubia

He/She almost slept with their uncle. Damn, Jer. :unsure:

Well...He/She slept with Uncle Chad...and Papa Julian.....oy

Yeah.

Wowwwwwwww.

Well, PSNS, you ended it great! :clap:

I just wish JER wrote this well for PSNS the last four years. I don't think it would be ending if he had.

Friday's was excellent.

All in all, there were good times and bad, but in the end, love ya, PSNS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply