Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Replacing Hogan; Yes or No?
Topic Started: Sep 4 2007, 03:43 AM (1,117 Views)
DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Hogan has zilch understanding of women and romance in my view. He needs a co-HW who either is a woman or understands them and romance as well as Days characters and the shows history. Hogan has butchered stories not knowing these things.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Alright I give I give, I'll play along.

Kay Alden
Jack Smith
and....
Hogan Sheffer(I still have faith in the guy what can I say!)

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ideally, and I know I'll get slammed: Reilly, with a restriction. There already is a deadline of sorts, but I'd give him a firm end date for his tenure so that storylines have to move forward.

Much as I hated the stupid neverending kidnapping crap, his stories have been my favorites on the show, I enjoyed a fair share of Passions, and I enjoy the over-the-top style (to a degree) when watching soaps. I mean, I'd rather have a writer embrace the inherent ridiculousness of certain things than one who tries to play it straight.

I also think that only Reilly can bring me what I need to see most of all at this point, and that's a strong female villain (or villains) attacking our would-be lovers (I prefer to root against couples, and a villain on the rampage helps me do that). I'll take Jan & a cage over Random Chick in Vegas & her kids. At least that way there's no expectation that I like either party in a couple, and I have a character on-screen to identify with and hold my interest.

C & B would also be interesting. I don't remember seeing them execute very much, but they did seem to have a plan in place, and writers who bring a solid foundation- and are allowed to write it out- is part of what the show needs.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Jinxed Soul
Sep 4 2007, 05:03 PM
King
Sep 4 2007, 04:42 PM
Hoagie's pacing is off. Some stories are too fast, some are too slow. The ones that are too fast should be slower and the ones that are slow should be the fast ones. It's the oddest thing.

Things did begin to move along at a fair pace when Hogan first tookover. Its almost as if the writers are lacking storyline concepts, so they're stalling for as long as possible.

I think this is very apparent.

And I don't think they are making any secret of it when they named the doctor who called Nick with Sami's "real" paternity test results, Dr. STALL.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 4 2007, 03:10 PM
In another thread somewhere here, it said that Milstein was out. I mean, I hope it's not true because that would be bad for the show.

I heard that same thing too. HOGAN NEEDS TO BE OUT!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply