Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV GUIDE DAYS ARTICLE; More Ed Scott info...
Topic Started: Sep 4 2007, 03:31 PM (1,672 Views)
MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Hmmm so Scott is gonna do what Michael Malone and Linda Gottlieb did to OLTL in the 90s? I'm all for it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I wonder what he means by changes in wardrobe? This should be interesting. LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

I guess the days of Sami baring her cleavage 24/7 are soon coming to an end, LoL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hopefully, Ed Scott will bring class to DAYS. They need to stop taking this show as a joke, and become serious with it.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 5 2007, 10:01 PM
Hopefully, Ed Scott will bring class to DAYS. They need to stop taking this show as a joke, and become serious with it.

Amen! I'm so sick of DAYS being the laughing stock of daytime.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Yeah I'm tired of DAYS being the laughing stock of daytime too. it's hard to believe that the show was THE show to be in the 70s.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

MichaelGL
Sep 5 2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah I'm tired of DAYS being the laughing stock of daytime too. it's hard to believe that the show was THE show to be in the 70s.

Hell, it's hard to believe the NBC soaps were considered innovative, daring, and critically acclaimed in the 70's. Golden eras for AW(the first soap to penetrate the higher half of the CBS dominated daytime ratings race), Days, and The Doctors (the first soap to ever win the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series). NBC really lost it's commitment to soaps in the last 25 years and what the network brass over there has seen as good, has generally been viewed as craptastic by the masses.

Maybe Scott can pull some strings with his respect/status in the industry to get Days some Emmy nominations next year? Eh, I know it's extremely doubtful with network politics and all, and surely CBS and ABC don't give a rats ass if Days get nominated or not.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Not just the 70's but in the mid to late 80's it was too. It was one of the most critically acclaimed shows in those decades. For 20 years there the only time it was critically panned was 80, 81 and part of 82.

Sadly as much as I loved JER in his first run he brought in some of the laughing stock part with the posession story and then add to it all the buried alive, buried chips, and Stefano's constant escaping death and all the other returns from the dead and making Stefano & Tony into super villians out of a comic strip.

Sadly Ken Corday didn't inherit the talent that his parents had. Both came up in the radio days of soaps and knew what true soap opera was about. And even though he trained under his mother and such greats as Al Rabin and H. Wesley Kenney, Ken just didn't get it. He never even knew to hire the right people like his mother did or Al Rabin did to work on the show either.

He has made so many mistakes from hiring Wyman, Langan, Higley, firing Brash/Cwikley, hiring Hogan and letting him desimate the writing staff to the point that no one on it knows Days history, he fired the great musical folks Days always had and put himself in charge.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

Kenny
Member Avatar

What's up with the "Kill Bill" reference? Is O-Ren Ishii coming to Salem to off Stefano?!

Probably not. Oh well.

Anyway, I think I'm in love with Ed Scott. I'm not worthy! :hail:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Is it me or does Alison look like his daughter in that picture? I've always thought she'd make the perfect Victoria recast on Y&R. Now I think she looks like the love child of Ed and Melody Thomas Scott! Crazy!

Speaking of the fabulous Melody, am I the only one who wants him to bring her as a Laura Horton recast? Thats more of a fantasy, but down the road once the show is settled, it could be fun! I just want more of the older characters working and she could spice that crowd up.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Sorry but no to a MTS recast as Laura. Jaime Lyn Bauer was at least 10 years too young for Laura. With Melody you are going way too young for Laura. There is no way Melody would be believable as Roark Critchlow's mother much less the best Mike ever - Michael T. Weiss.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

into_the_skyline
Sep 6 2007, 09:29 AM
Is it me or does Alison look like his daughter in that picture? I've always thought she'd make the perfect Victoria recast on Y&R. Now I think she looks like the love child of Ed and Melody Thomas Scott! Crazy!

Speaking of the fabulous Melody, am I the only one who wants him to bring her as a Laura Horton recast? Thats more of a fantasy, but down the road once the show is settled, it could be fun! I just want more of the older characters working and she could spice that crowd up.

I like Ali, but I think she'd be severely miscast as a new Victoria. If GL is canceled, I want Gina Tognoni switched over to Y&R to play Victoria. She'd be grand! Who knows, maybe Heather Tom will soon be back (we can all hope, right?)

I don't think Melody will ever switch soaps at this point. She's way too identified as Nikki and given her age range, that certainly won't make her hot property on any other soap. She had the chance to leave when she renewed her contract not too long ago, I don't think she'll leave now. Also, keep in mind, even when Scott was EP of Y&R, Melody still didn't get much of a storyline during Scott's last years as EP there.

Anyway, I think Scott was kidding with the Kill Bill thing, did anyone else get that impression?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply