Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: 'Nightshift' Actress takes over role of Babe; hilarious actress change
Topic Started: Sep 4 2007, 05:41 PM (1,045 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

AMC Confirms Havins's Exit, Names New Babe

ALL MY CHILDREN has confirmed the imminent exit of Alexa Havins, who joined the show as Babe Carey in October 2003. Her final air date will be October 8, the same day the actress AMC has hired to replace her Amanda Baker, Jolene on GENERAL HOSPITAL: NIGHT SHIFT will make her debut. Explains a show rep, "[Havins's] Babe will hug Krystal and when they separate from the hug, it will be Amanda Baker [in] the role."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Nothing?

Tough board, LOL!

Personally, I think Babe should've been written off.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Yeah. I saw that.. Alexis will be hugging a character, and when she comes out of the hug it's the new actress.. all in the same episode... Dumb move IMO.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Kitty, It's not necessarily a tough board - just lacking on vocal AMC fans and fans for other shows too. ATWT is building up, and GH and OLTL is getting a little better. It is just taking time. Maybe soon we will get some more AMC fans over here. B&B does good on the polls, but doesn't get a lot of hits or talk either.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Personally, I don't know why AMC bothered to recast this role. They could've easily written Babe out.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

With what they have been giving her as of late, they could easily write her out. She just doesn't mean much to current stories at all.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

OneBadKitty
Sep 4 2007, 06:41 PM
"[Havins's] Babe will hug Krystal and when they separate from the hug, it will be Amanda Baker [in] the role."

How clever :lol:

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

Am I the only dissapointed that Amanda Baker won't be sticking around GH & NS?

King
Member Avatar

WOW!!!!

(Sorry. I didn't see this until now.)

An immediate re-cast with a character like Babe will be tough. IMO.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm disappointed that Amanda Baker isn't sticking around as Jolene, whom I've really like. I do think that she'll make a good Babe though.
I also think she looks like Kristina Wagner when she was in her early 20's and even speaks some like her.
Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

I didn't realize it was the same day
bad move...what is this, Santa Barbara?
As much as I loved that show, they had a knack for doing that, too

Jonatha

NavJLee8785
Sep 8 2007, 03:41 AM
I didn't realize it was the same day
bad move...what is this, Santa Barbara?
As much as I loved that show, they had a knack for doing that, too

Wow, I hadn't read this until now either. It makes sense that Amanda is going to a new soap as she has turned out to be Night Shift's 'angel of death.' There's not much more for her character to do but go to jail.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

I will miss Alexa Havins so much - she's hard to replace. I don't know much about this new girl - anyone have a picture? I am so behind on GH: NS that the name doesn't help.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

here ya go, A-Man

Posted Image

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Oh, ouch! I feel bad for you AMC fans. DO NOT like her or her 'acting' on NS.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar
Oh, I didnt know we could customize this! LOL

And she's a Hayward, my ass! :flipoff:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply