Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Dustin's Rumors updated 9/4
Topic Started: Sep 4 2007, 06:33 PM (589 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

September 4 -
From anonymous . . .
It looks like Days is going to get some more younger leading hunks! They are casting for Ford Decker, who should begin airing sometime in October. Ford is a 20ish hunk, caucasian, said to be a major recurring character. He's in college, the school's star athlete and in the hottest fraternity. He's a ladies man with a bit of mystery and danger about him. (note: the name or other details could possibly change by time the role is cast)

Speculation: Given Chelsea and Stephanie, who are involved in this whole Salem University storyline this fall, already have enough men in their lives . . . could this guy be for Abby should they be bringing her back after all?

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

What the FUCK?!?! :angry:

ENOUGH already!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Lame..maybe we will lose Jett..I really don't get Hogan's need for brining on so many short term characters for his stories..

It doesn't work for Days, as they end up with more airtime than most of the vets..

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Being as they are bringing in three new young women co-eds, a new male is essential to keep a story alive.

I had read someplace that Jeremy returns to college as a football player, too.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

This is what I was referring to once before. You can make the show look a lot better, but until stuff like this is fixed what is the use. It is this type of stuff that is keeping fans away.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

We don't know how bad this story will be. This may have come into play before Ed arrived and he may change it a bit. Things might not be as bad.

I much rather see the teens in this story as it makes more sense then TTS. It's more for their age group and, if their airtime is as it should be, there won't be a problem. We won't know how this will turn out until it's onscreen IMO. If it doesn't take over the canvas, it will be fine.

Days4Life
Unregistered

If they must give these younger characters air time, I guess a college setting is better than this awful TTS storyline. However, they have to keep this story off the front burner. DAYS will never be successful at building the younger cast if they keep shoving them in our faces 3-4 days a week at the expense of the vets. It causes resentment and keeps viewers from becoming invested in them. Introduce these characters and their story slowly so we gradually become interested in them. Of course, this hasn't been happening and that is why as soon as we hear about a casting call like "Ford Decker" or a spoiler about the trio of sorority girls we all get frustrated and angry and want to hate the story before it even begins.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yes! I just posted in the casting thread how they needed some frat guys.

Shoot, make Ford a random Dimera or, like, Nick's secret fraternal twin, and we've got it made, y'all! 'Cause y'all know once they connect them to a main family that's almost the same as integrating them slowly.

Salem U 4-Eva!!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Could this "new" hunk be Jeremy, or is he gone for good?

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 4 2007, 08:02 PM
If they must give these younger characters air time, I guess a college setting is better than this awful TTS storyline. However, they have to keep this story off the front burner. DAYS will never be successful at building the younger cast if they keep shoving them in our faces 3-4 days a week at the expense of the vets. It causes resentment and keeps viewers from becoming invested in them. Introduce these characters and their story slowly so we gradually become interested in them. Of course, this hasn't been happening and that is why as soon as we hear about a casting call like "Ford Decker" or a spoiler about the trio of sorority girls we all get frustrated and angry and want to hate the story before it even begins.

Right on.

That is exactly why we do. You can only base your perceptions on the known and with Days the known at this point is that it most likely will not be just a minor story. For almost a year now the teen/younger scene has not been minor - they have been front burner now for 9 months straight and if you count Nick/Chelsea alone with Max/Mimi you can add a few months before that because Nick and Chelsea got quite a bit of airtime in latter 2006 too.

Even with a new EP aboard you can't change your perceptions because in his interviews he talks more about making the show better cosmetically and technically and better acting. There is no promise of better balance or better stories. So we can't even judge it on that.

Perceptions are just something it is going to take a while to change and then they have to be proven wrong before you can change them.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 4 2007, 09:09 PM

Waaaaaaiiit a minute, there!

Is Jeremy...dare I ask it...OUT?!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

With this latest Ford Decker revelation I'm wondering if there is some game they play in the DOOL writers' room where they try to see who can come up with the absolute WORST character name and the one who wins gets to have their chosen name added to the show.

Seriously... Pocket, Jett, China Lee, Candy Cane X 2 and now Ford Decker?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Hey add Duck to that list..I cringed everytime i heard that name..

Mason
Member Avatar

Don't forget Ciara/Doodlebug either.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm going to be optimistic about this storyline because I did enjoy the last college invasion that the show had when Shawn and Belle went to college. Remember Hartley House? I loved it, and I was pissed when they dropped the college stories in order to "mature" the characters. Lame!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't mind the 2002 college stories because I liked all (well, most, anyway) of the younger characters back then, plus it was during B&C's stint writing the show, so I think those two things played a factor, for me. This time around, I really only like Nick, Chelsea, and Max. And Chelsea's the only one of them that's actually gonna be in college, sooo...

King
Member Avatar

It's a rumor so until it's confirmed, I won't judge. Haha.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Sep 5 2007, 06:16 PM

While true, Jett and Jeremy's cast descriptions started off as just rumors. So did the sorority sister cast descriptions.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 4 2007, 10:48 PM
Jinxed Soul
Sep 4 2007, 09:09 PM

Waaaaaaiiit a minute, there!

Is Jeremy...dare I ask it...OUT?!

Well, I know Jeremy is supposed to run off to avoid punishment for his actions, but I haven't heard anything of him being let go from the show. So, I think Jeremy may reappear at Salem U.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 5 2007, 05:52 PM
King
Sep 5 2007, 06:16 PM

While true, Jett and Jeremy's cast descriptions started off as just rumors. So did the sorority sister cast descriptions.

Exactly. Although I definitely wish this was nothing more than a rumor...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply