Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions: DirecTV Promo; beautiful!
Topic Started: Sep 5 2007, 09:12 AM (911 Views)
bellcurve
Unregistered

Rick
Sep 7 2007, 02:08 PM
bellcurve
Sep 7 2007, 01:53 PM
Are they still planning on making DirecTV episodes available online for a fee?! Depending on how finances look, etc. I may be interested in subscribing.

No Way!

You're looking at Passions now?

That's it folks, The end is here :lol:

Now noww

I haven't seen it in months, but I'm really curious not only from a writing standpoint, but from a production standpoint how things will change once PASSIONS moves to DirecTV. Half of watching GL in 2006 was to see how the show would handle the severe budget cuts.

PASSIONS has always been a "love-to-hate" thing for me. PASSIONS to soaps is like Golf to Sports fans. if DAYS/PASSIONS were the only soaps airing during a holiday, I'd still watch them. Because they are soaps.

I may be willing to give PASSIONS another shot, especially if the buzz is really strong for its DirecTV airings. We'll just have to see. But I'm NOT buying a DirecTV dish to watch PASSIONS. No way!
Quote Post Goto Top

Philou
Member Avatar

Ally
Sep 5 2007, 08:33 PM
Mateo
Sep 5 2007, 12:55 PM
Cute, and they would use an Erasure song, perfect!! I can't believe that there are only three more eppys!

Thanks Mateo! I really wanted to know who was singing the song, and the name of it.. I totally want it now!

Here's the video for it:

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNVmUvqD6Rg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNVmUvqD6Rg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

Totally suits Passions IMO.

Beautiful song
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

bellcurve
Sep 7 2007, 03:05 PM
Rick
bellcurve
Are they still planning on making DirecTV episodes available online for a fee?! Depending on how finances look, etc. I may be interested in subscribing.

No Way!

Now noww

I haven't seen it in months, but I'm really curious not only from a writing standpoint, but from a production standpoint how things will change once PASSIONS moves to DirecTV. Half of watching GL in 2006 was to see how the show would handle the severe budget cuts.

PASSIONS has always been a "love-to-hate" thing for me. PASSIONS to soaps is like Golf to Sports fans. if DAYS/PASSIONS were the only soaps airing during a holiday, I'd still watch them. Because they are soaps.

I may be willing to give PASSIONS another shot, especially if the buzz is really strong for its DirecTV airings. We'll just have to see. But I'm NOT buying a DirecTV dish to watch PASSIONS. No way!

Great news, bellcurve. YOu don't have to buy it! They have the "Passions" special last time I heard -- free dish, FREE installation!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

bellcurve: have you SEEN that Harmony Cafe set? (I think it's a set). It's something new in the pics that the101 released of the show's sets. I feel strongly that it's going to replace the Book Cafe or Blue note set. It's SMALL. I mean SMALL. And the Harmony Cafe logo is cheap looking. Maybe the magic of TV can change it and make it better looking; but that's one effect of the budget issue, lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

JERSoapsFan
Sep 11 2007, 07:50 PM
bellcurve
Sep 7 2007, 03:05 PM
Rick
bellcurve

No Way!

Now noww

Great news, bellcurve. YOu don't have to buy it! They have the "Passions" special last time I heard -- free dish, FREE installation!

But no JSF...you're not understanding me.

I'm not paying $60 bucks a month for satellite/internet that I don't even think I can install at my apartment complex without approval from the landlord(who will probably say no). If it were B&B moving to DirecTV, I'd be all about it. But not PASSIONS. However, I would(if the money issues in my life were right) pay a fee to have it streamed over the net every now and again.

Plus, I barely watch TV anymore anyway. Getting away from SOAPnet and my big cable package were the best things I could have ever done for myself. It leaves me free to do what I please.

And no JSF, I haven't seen the set for the new Cafe. Scanned the internet looking for it and no dice. Can you post the clip or the link to it?!

Man, I really hope I get the chance to see PASSIONS once it leaves NBC, just to see how low-budget it will get. I mean, they use the same damn sets everyday anyway, so seeing the same set won't be that big of an issue, but this will be fun.

PASSIONS will be the new GL once it moves to DirecTV. Guess we can look forward to them taping their Wednesday shows with a homemade, handheld camera too. LOL.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

OMG, the homemade, handheld camera thing killed me! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up for my show?! lol. I hope it's not THAT bad. Honestly, I think they can handle it. But after seeing Harmony Cafe (and I will find that clip for you later), I'm TERRIFIED for what they've done to my Crane Mansion and Tabby's house. I just know we're in for a special "surprise" after hearing from cast members who said it was sad to see the sets dismantled -- "FOREVER."

They didn't say HOW many sets.

We should be VERY, VERY shocked.
Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

JERSoapsFan
Sep 11 2007, 09:06 PM
Honestly, I think they can handle it. But after seeing Harmony Cafe (and I will find that clip for you later), I'm TERRIFIED for what they've done to my Crane Mansion and Tabby's house. I just know we're in for a special "surprise" after hearing from cast members who said it was sad to see the sets dismantled -- "FOREVER."

They didn't say HOW many sets.

We should be VERY, VERY shocked.

Maybe bigger, lavish sets like the Crane Mansion will still exist, but will only be lit in certain areas. I know before they demolished the set altogether for Springfield's Cross Country, Reva's house existed, but the foyer was never lit. They later cut that part of the set altogether and what used to be the back entrance to the house became the front entrance.

GL did it rather successfuly. But they had faster paced stories, a few excellent day-to-day scriptwriters, and the best cast in daytime television in 2006 to carry the show through. PASSIONS, not-so-much. That's why I'm curious about how PASSIONS will turn out.

Quote:

OMG, the homemade, handheld camera thing killed me! Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up for my show?! lol. I hope it's not THAT bad.

Handheld isn't too bad if there's good lighting and a film-look added post-production. Otherwise, it comes off looking really amateur(GL) and just really cheap(AMC).
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply