Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Julie Pinson: Let Them Eat Cake; SOD interview
Topic Started: Sep 5 2007, 06:23 PM (272 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Julie Pinson: Let Them Eat Cake
By Janet Di Lauro

Forget about simply having her cake and eating it, too. DAYS OF OUR LIVES' Julie Pinson (Billie) is also quite adept at making yummy, gorgeous tortes.

"I'm not much cooking-wise, but I'm a huge baker. That's my thing. I love to bake. I decorate cakes as a hobby," says the actress, who's absolutely thrilled now that her kitchen has been totally renovated and she's back in there rattling her baking pans. "I was so happy I was able to make a cake for a friend's baby shower, a few months ago. That makes me really happy."

Pinson got into the art of baking via her late aunt Virginia. "She was really fun. She used to decorate cakes for a living," recounts Pinson. "When I was a kid, she would take me to cake shows. Things like the Pillsbury Bake-Off and shows like that. That's how I got interested in it. And when I would go over to her house, she'd always be making cakes. She taught me how to make a rose and how to pipe icing; that kind of stuff. I loved it."

So much so that Pinson eventually took a class on the subject. "When I got older, about 15 years ago, my roommate and I here in L.A. decided, on a whim, to take a cake-decorating class," she explains. "So I got back into it, and I love it. I would love to go further. I want to learn how to do really difficult stuff.

"Baking and decorating cakes is kind of my art," Pinson continues. "The good thing about this kind of art is you get to eat it and it tastes really good. That's what attracted me to it in the first place. It's because I love sweets so much."

Pinson even has a specialty cake that always impresses people when she makes it. "When I went on THE MARTHA STEWART SHOW last year, I showed her how to make my Tiffany box cake. I guess that's my specialty, since I did it on Martha's show," delivers Pinson with a chuckle about her aqua-iced concoction. "The icing is fondant, which is like an edible play dough. You roll it out and you can form it and make little characters out of it. It's like marzipan. It's made out of sugar and stuff."

Pinson got the Tiffany box cake recipe from a magazine. "I saw a picture of it and decided to give it a try," recounts Pinson. "The first time I made it, it came out perfect. I went, 'Wow! This is easy.' It's a lot easier than it looks. People are always really impressed by it, but it's actually quite simple."

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/features/da...uliepinsoncake/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply