Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Full article James Scott
Topic Started: Sep 6 2007, 07:45 AM (5,010 Views)
Jonatha

Cops Catch Nude Days Star!

"Last weekend, James Scott discovered that you're not allowed to sunbathe naked
on beaches in Florida and you can, in fact, be arrested for it," chuckles the Days star (EJ) who had a close call with the law for going au naturel.

Here's what happened; "I went to do a soap event and then drove out to St. George's Island - which is beautiful - and I walked for maybe a mile or two along the beach with my girlfriend," he explains. "I didn't see that it was particularly a problem, since I was in the middle of nowhere, on a nature sanctuary, for God's sake, so I thought to myself, 'I'll just take take my clothes off and lie in the sun, I had a great time."

Scott was throwing a Frisbee when "a plump looking warden came up to me, looking at me sideways because he was afraid to look at anything other than sand, and he told me that he could arrest me. Of course, I thought he was joking, so I didn't take him particularly seriously. I told him that my name was EJ Wells because I thought it would be awfully clever on my arrest sheet, not realizing that they would want a lot of other information, like address and social security number. I was trying to persuade my girlfriend to say that her name was Samantha Roberts, but then we started to take it, a little more seriously when he said again that he could arrest us."

Fortunately, Scott got off with a warning. "He didn't give me a ticket on the grounds that I was English and didn't really know better," says the actor. "How would I know something like that? I had absolutely no idea that it was illegal. I could understand if I was in the middle of South Beach (Miami) and there were kids around. That would be inappropriate. But I was in the middle of a nature reserve; there wasn't a person for miles around, except a beady little man with binoculars trying to spot bottoms and he spotted one." Unfortunately, Scott's girlfriend wasn't as lucky. "She got a fine because she is American and she should know better. Lesson learned."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Jonatha
Sep 6 2007, 07:45 AM
Cops Catch Nude Days Star!

"Last weekend, James Scott discovered that you're not allowed to sunbathe naked
on beaches in Florida and you can, in fact, be arrested for it," chuckles the Days star (EJ) who had a close call with the law for going au naturel.

Here's what happened; "I went to do a soap event and then drove out to St. George's Island - which is beautiful - and I walked for maybe a mile or two along the beach with my girlfriend," he explains. "I didn't see that it was particularly a problem, since I was in the middle of nowhere, on a nature sanctuary, for God's sake, so I thought to myself, 'I'll just take take my clothes off and lie in the sun, I had a great time."

Scott was throwing a Frisbee when "a plump looking warden came up to me, looking at me sideways because he was afraid to look at anything other than sand, and he told me that he could arrest me. Of course, I thought he was joking, so I didn't take him particularly seriously. I told him that my name was EJ Wells because I thought it would be awfully clever on my arrest sheet, not realizing that they would want a lot of other information, like address and social security number. I was trying to persuade my girlfriend to say that her name was Samantha Roberts, but then we started to take it, a little more seriously when he said again that he could arrest us."

Fortunately, Scott got off with a warning. "He didn't give me a ticket on the grounds that I was English and didn't really know better," says the actor. "How would I know something like that? I had absolutely no idea that it was illegal. I could understand if I was in the middle of South Beach (Miami) and there were kids around. That would be inappropriate. But I was in the middle of a nature reserve; there wasn't a person for miles around, except a beady little man with binoculars trying to spot bottoms and he spotted one." Unfortunately, Scott's girlfriend wasn't as lucky. "She got a fine because she is American and she should know better. Lesson learned."

OMG this is even more hilarious than that blurb that was posted yesterday. Thanks!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LMAO! Love it! :lol:

daytimelvr
Member Avatar

LMAO!! That is great!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's funny, but I wonder if Scott knew that giving EJ Wells as his name, if he had given that, would BE AGAINST THE LAW TOO. That's giving false information to a law enforcement official for goodness sakes!

You really want to draw up a hefty rap sheet, Mr. Scott!
Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

how about some pictures...you know to see if the sotry is straight lol

Mason

Anyone checked Perez Hilton recently? :lol:

Days4Life
Unregistered

That is so funny!
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I may hate the character, but I love this guy. Thanks for posting!

Marlenagirl
Member Avatar

LOL poor James. :P :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Best misleading placement of a bar code on a magazine cover... EVER!

Mason

DAMN that barcode! They could have polybagged the issue! :angry: :lol:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Haha! It is actually an old photo and unfortunetly he has shorts on.

Posted Image

Mason

DAMN!

:lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

OMG, SOD sucks!!! You can't use a picture like that, under that headline, unless it were the ACTUAL nude shot. That's a design rule. Otherwise, they'd need to use a mug shot of him in a suit or a Days PR shot. IT doesn't confuse readers that way.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Sep 8 2007, 03:46 AM
OMG, SOD sucks!!! You can't use a picture like that, under that headline, unless it were the ACTUAL nude shot. That's a design rule. Otherwise, they'd need to use a mug shot of him in a suit or a Days PR shot. IT doesn't confuse readers that way.

LOL.

I give them a pass because regular readers of SOD would know that the pic on the cover was the exact same one, with shorts, that they had used like a few weeks earlier to write about James Scott's trip to Cambodia. At least I hope most people realized that. That was one of the reasons I found it so damn hilarious.

ilovemydays

What I found so hilarious was that he didn't seem the least bit embarrassed about being caught in the buff.

Keith
Member Avatar

There... need to be pictures. *drools*

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

The funniest story I've heard in ages coupled with the misleading photo on the cover of SOD just has me pissing my pants laughing. God I loves me my James Scott! :wub:

jcar03
Member Avatar

I've said it before and I'll say it again ALL magazines do things like that to get people to buy the magazine. Its nothing new and they defintely didn't invent it.

If you subscribe they have a smaller red box on the bottom.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply