Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cindi Rineheart rumor; DOOL actor leave show abruptly?
Topic Started: Sep 7 2007, 06:44 PM (1,526 Views)
kwarner66

Ed Scott is my hero and I bow to his excellence. :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ridge
Member Avatar

Jeremy, the character and actor were much worst than Jett IMO. Both of them should be wiped off immediately.

kwarner66

If the person who plays Jeremy pisses off a power that be then I imagine he will go also.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ridge
Sep 8 2007, 10:07 AM
Jeremy, the character and actor were much worst than Jett IMO. Both of them should be wiped off immediately.

I agree. They both need to go, like yesterday.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Jett was supposed to work for Billie for the security at Salem U. I'm really relieved that won't be happening. I wonder if that part is necessary enough to recast or hire a different character. MP just got worse and worse. I thought he was pretty good at the beginning.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I had heard he was on thin ice prior to Ed even arriving because of his other activities. I am not shocked. I suspect he was going to get fired eventually anyway, along with Jeremy. I knew once I heard Ed had alot of power that Jett and Jeremy would be first to go. I just couldn't see Ed keeping them on.

Oh well. He was good in the beginning IMO but he went downhill and had too much airtime. I did like bringing him on to add diversity and liked the tie to Theo. I hope they don't recast. The show needs to send a message to fans that they are going to hand more airtime to the vets.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 8 2007, 12:21 AM
Angie79
Sep 8 2007, 12:17 AM
On SNS it says he pissed someone off that he shouldn't have.

He probably pissed Ed Scott off. I know execs on old school Y&R never took any shit whatsoever from their actors and demanded excellence. Go ask Brenda Dickson. LOL!

That's true. Brenda was actually VERY popular on Y&R, but she was the ultimate diva and therefore was let go. This is why I didn't believe the negative gossip about Victoria Rowell bc Bill Bell loved her and they brought her back in 2002. I don't think they would if she was a troublemaker.

About Marcus, I think he's leaving bc he just sucks and is pointless. They might blame it on Playboy, but if James Scott did it...he'd have a job! IIRC Jamie Lyn Bauer, one of Y&R's biggest stars in their early years, posed for Playboy or Penthouse and it didn't hurt her one bit.

Ed Scott made a big point about the acting on DAYS, going as far as to replace the casting director. I'm sure a few people are shaking into their boots, as they should be! IMO DAYS has the weakest set of under-30 characters on daytime. I also think Sami and Lucas' age range needs a boost.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I think JKJ's Philip is a good character. Shawn and Belle may leave something to be desired. Maybe BB will be eliminated, too. I would not be at all surprised if he hasn't been told to make the grade or you are gone.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DaysFanJean
Sep 9 2007, 02:36 PM
I think JKJ's Philip is a good character. Shawn and Belle may leave something to be desired. Maybe BB will be eliminated, too. I would not be at all surprised if he hasn't been told to make the grade or you are gone.

I loved Brandon Beemer, at first. Maybe he seemed like a great actor, and very appealing, in comparison to Jason Cook, at the time. But, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he has no storyline, whatsoever. Circling in-between Mimi, Belle, and finding out Claire was his, and then making a run for it, was more intriguing then what he's got going for him right now.

King
Member Avatar

If you pout, you're out, bitch! LOL!

Love this news. Hope it's true. And I hope there's no recasts!

dawn9476

I wouldn't be suprised if he pouted. The guy left AMC because he didn't like living in NYC. Grant it that AMC wasn't using him but he said he was leaving AMC because he hated NYC. The guy seems really unprofessional.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really hope he didn't leave the show because of the story that he was involved in. He's not that great of an actor, and this kind of storyline is where he belongs in. He can't handle anything intense.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Well at a recent Days event Marcus did not even know who Hogan Scheffer was? If you do not know who the heads are on DOOL, then your bound to piss someone off.

ilovemydays

dawn9476
Sep 9 2007, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if he pouted. The guy left AMC because he didn't like living in NYC. Grant it that AMC wasn't using him but he said he was leaving AMC because he hated NYC. The guy seems really unprofessional.

What I heard happened at AMC was that Marcus was told that his SL had been nixed (if you think back to the changes in SK and how some other actors were planning on leaving around that time it gives you some perspective about how some SLs were abruptly dropped) and that he could wait for a new SL or leave. Given the way that AMC back burners their characters I think that Marcus made the right choice in leaving NY.

I wonder if something similar happened here.

At least Marcus has a few movies in the works so I don't think he'll be idle for long.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't think DAYS had any intentions of keeping him around for long anyways, so it works out for the best!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply