Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Casting news from SOW
Topic Started: Sep 7 2007, 10:11 PM (948 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Just picked up the new edition of SOW and under "Goings" it said Jim Lunsford will leave when Benjy falls victim to Andre.

http://www.steveandkayla.com/forum/index.php?topic=8291.0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Syria1

No i love Benjy

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

So much potential. Would have liked to have seen him more.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not surprised. I saw this coming miles away.

KMan101
Member Avatar

:(

Totally saw this coming though

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aw, not Benjy. Poor guy. :(

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Aw not Benjy!!!

This is gonna be truly emotional to watch.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It was predictable but it will be sad. There needs to be more blood spilled during this feud story to amp up the drama. This should give SN, MBE, and even RJ great material. I like Lunsford alot and love Benji. He is such an interesting character but I can see the dramatic potential his death could bring.

Should be interesting.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Marcus Patrick is also out apparently.

Cindi Rhinehart from NW Afternoon broke the news.

Mason
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 8 2007, 03:09 PM
Marcus Patrick is also out apparently.

Cindi Rhinehart from NW Afternoon broke the news.

Hell yeah!!! :D :rockon: :clap:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I did like Benjy, but given his lack of airtime, I also saw this coming. The writers never really gave him a storyline, so his character status was relatively obvious.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Benjy could have honestly been really useful in this storyline if written better and more. He could have been the black sheep of the family along with Tony, not wanting to further the crime already going on. Or he could have been conflicted to do whatever Stefano wanted him to do for fear that his own family would be harmed in the matter.

*sigh* Whatever...

bellcurve
Unregistered

I always thought Jim Lunsford to be cute when I saw him in some scene where he passed a tarot card to Steve. That sucks that he's out.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Cheap & obvious.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I'm not surprised by this news but it still sucks. That character was totally under utilized and could have done so much more than what he was given.

As for Marcus Patrick, no big loss for me although I would have preferred them to have gotten rid of Jeremy instead, I hate that guy!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

My only worry with Marcus Patrick's exit is that the character of Jett seems to be useful to the writers, so are we going to have to deal with a recast?

Days4Life
Unregistered

Benjy is such an appealing character that this will be really sad--but at the same time I'm not surprised and can even understand why, because we need something with an emotional punch. Unlike Jett, who I am hoping will die. So, of course, I'm not heartbroken to hear about Marcus Patrick. Too bad he's out of a job, but Jett was just not working for me. If they recast, they need to re-work the character as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 8 2007, 09:50 PM
Benjy is such an appealing character that this will be really sad--but at the same time I'm not surprised and can even understand why, because we need something with an emotional punch. Unlike Jett, who I am hoping will die. So, of course, I'm not heartbroken to hear about Marcus Patrick. Too bad he's out of a job, but Jett was just not working for me. If they recast, they need to re-work the character as well.

I agree. Jett was just too bland. He was only a prop for Chelsea.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Nooooooooooooooooo! Benjy and Lexie are my favorite DiMera's and now one is leaving! :( Hogan is *such* an idiot when it comes to writing this (formerly) amazing family! So many great characters being wasted.

Mason
Member Avatar

I so hope they don't go to the trouble of recasting Jett. Just let the worthless character leave with MP.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply