Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT: Weekly Discussion (Sep 10-14)
Topic Started: Sep 9 2007, 09:39 AM (715 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Last week:

Carly leaves with Brad, and Katie tells Jack she can't stop Carly only he can. Jack confronts Carly about her behavior and says he won't let her hurt Katie. Carly realizes she has lost Jack for good. Katie brings up the idea of her and Jack having kids, and he tells Katie he does not want any more children. Lily goes undercover and learns there was a dangerous man in Cheri's life. Dusty asks if Lily is ready to sacrifice her marriage to help him. Col. Mayer catches Noah and Maddie kissing, as Holden and Luke have a heart-to-heart about Lily and Noah. Noah sees Luke with another guy, and Luke calls Noah on his jealousy. The company's assets have been frozen, and Craig realizes Paul is behind it. Paul says that's just the beginning of the end. Dr. Akido tells Will and Gwen she can only carry a baby with a donated egg. Paul offers to pay for Gwen's medical procedures, as Gwen tells Alison the doctor gave them good news. Alison offers to be Gwen's donor. Gwen tells Will she wants Alison to be their surrogate.

SNEAK PEEK: Craig and Meg join forces.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Not too much impressed me today. Hardly even remember what was on.

Jack/Katie/Carly - very boring today

Craig/Meg/Paul - boring and I have been enjoying them

Henry - not liking his character much lately at all. Vienna has really hurt him.

The Henry/Maddie stuff was okay. Glad he is figuring out some stuff. But as I said not getting Henry these days. I miss the Henry of old.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

Now this is hot!!

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

I just watched yesterday's ATWT.

I LOVED Craig and Lucinda. They do so good together. I loved at the end when Craig realized Meg didn't go out "to do chores."

I FF'd Jack and Katie. I can't take these two much longer! I did pause to see Carly with them but it is the same old stuff. Poor little Katie,upset that Carly heard them arguing about a baby.:sheds tear for li'l fluffy:

It is funny that Maddie is on her way to moving in with Noah and big brother Henry just met the guy.Loved the scene with Luke when she said he answered her question.

Meg and Paul: eh!

bellcurve
Unregistered

Very nitpicky, but why is ATWT going straight to title card these days? Are they too lazy to update their opening credits?

The least they could have done was made a faceless 10-15 second opening title sequence with the last few bars of the song(like the midshow bumpers).

It's just lazy!
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Pretty good show today. Better than yesterday's but still nothing to brag fully about.

I think they are doing a little better about mixing characters up some. It doesn't seem like there are 5 days of anyone again. Carly/Katie/Jack get close though.

The Paul/Craig/Meg/Rosanna stuff I found more interesting today. I loved Paul's confrontation with Meg. And loved Craig's bantering with Parker (at least I think that was Parker). I was working and was just listening then.

Scott Bryce is just so refreshing as Craig.

I loved Holden & Lily. I am so loving that they are giving them a story. It is predictable in many ways that I know Lily is going to have an affair with Dusty (oh how I wish it was Brian Bloom) but it is still nice to see them get some nice scenes.

Even though I am loving that JP is spreading things out a little I still wish she would she include the older vets more. I love Lucinda when she is on but it is still not enough. It seems like they have dropped the Susan drinking stuff. When was the last time they even showed it. I was so looking forward to that playing out.

Even if she doesn't give them a big story there is still so much support they could give the stories. Lisa so needs to be involved in Carly's story. Carly needs Lisa back in her life. I always saw Carly as a young Lisa and loved the interaction between "mother" character and "daughter" character.

Still it is nice to have several stories going at once. It has been awhile that we have had this many stories to choose from. Not all of them are hits, but at least there are more than 2 or 3 going on.

SweetNYGal
Unregistered

I will admit, there are times where I shake my head at turning on the channel only to find one storyline that hold my attention, while all the rest is boring...But I will say that the only thing that is holding my attention is the Carly storyline and the Nuke storyline that will soon be crossing into another storyline.

Today's episode I liked simply because I loved seeing Katie's little nose getting all twisted out of shape when Carly told her she could care less about her and Jack's wedding.

It was laughable seeing Craig down on the farm...I finally found a name for the Snyder farm....They should name it Emma's Boarding House...becasue she takes almost her entire family and other 'strays' that come there to roost.

Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I could've slapped Katie when she smiled and shook her head as an obviously ill Carly fell to the floor. :angry:

SweetNYGal
Unregistered

Don't worry, I am sure when Carly is wheeled into the hospital, Katie will be standing there, whining her usual whine, "I know Carly is ill and all, and I'm sorry, especially with all her kids been through, but this is our time to prepare for our wedding, Jack."

Like I said, Katie couldn't help but be peeved when Carly snubbed her attention seeking ass.
Quote Post Goto Top

P.J.

Oh, I hope Carly's words are true...I hope Katie finally shows her bitchy, self-serving true self and Jack gapes in amazement that he ever considered marrying that little bitch.

I suppose Katie screwing Brad before calling it off with Jack is too much to ask for...but I want that bitch to crash and burn on her own, not because Carly or Brad "tricked" her into anything.

PJ...looking for a Katie-Haters-Anonymous meeting. :flipoff:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Lot better show today so far. Still can't stand that bitch Katie. I don't know what is wrong with Carly but I don't think it is epilepsy as some have said. My daughter has epilepsy and you don't faint with epilepsy.

P.J.

If Pissy has one ounce of originality left in her :lol: it could be some kind of bleeding in Carly's brain causing the problem. Carly took some pretty good licks from Kit and Silas while fighting to get JJ back. I hope it's not just another lame "brain tumor" from the "soap opera disease" playbook.

Did Carly really have to say she was faking and trying to stir up trouble to Kack? :angry: Couldn't she have just said stress and not eating probably whammied her? Even if Katie continued to be a bitch and roll her eyes, at least give Jack a little leeway into believing her.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I agree P.J. I hope they go some other route besides the brain tumor too.

I forgot to say that I enjoyed Holden & Lily hitting the sheets today. But I have to ask what has happened to CBS and daytime as a whole. Sex used to be hot on daytime and now it is boring.

Holden & Lily had a dull sex scene today. Gus & Harley hit the sheets on GL today and it was boring. Rafe/Daisy had sex for the first time and it was boring.

Nothing hot to any of them. I wish they would step it up some. There is just no passion at all in them anymore.

P.J.

Did Gush actually do the deed? I was kind of nauseous seeing them start to slam into walls and having some angry kissing scenes again.

Holden has every right to be pissed when he figures out Lily screwed him to divert him from her real reason for being at the Lakeview.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Yes Gush did the deed. Gus looked so good wrapped in that sheet afterwards. Harley ran out mad afterward though and got a police call which led her to Rafe and Daisy who were getting dressed after they did the deed.

oakdalelover

Why is Lily at the party? I know,all that happened between Katie and Holden happened a long time ago but Lily is supposed to be Carly's best friend. Doesn't she think she is being disloyal? Look at all she is doing for her other best friend,Dusty!

Cole knows Sophie is pregnant now. Why should I care? I can only think this is going to play in to Gwen's story.

Time in Oakdale is a funny thing. Characters can be in one place in one scene and be somewhere else in the next. Poor Maddie left Luke on Monday's show to confront Noah and hasn't made it there yet!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I got busy and forgot to post today. I thought Thursday was a pretty good show.

I am so damned tired of the excuses for why Tom and Bob are not ever anywhere.

Why is ATWT wasting money paying these actors and never use them. They waste more money by given Maura and others more shows than they are contractually allotted to and then not using Hastings, Fulton, etc. for hardly any.

It is just so stupid.

And we still didn't get that Maddie scene today even though she left like James said I think on Monday's show. How stupid.

oakdalelover

I am glad that Lilly did say something to Katie about her friendship with Carly on Thursday's show.

The game was stupid. Jack and Katie's actions were stupid. They supposedly know"everything" about each other.Yeah,right!
Jack's reaction to Carly's accident,before he found out Sage were involved made me mad. If it is Jean's intentions to really piss off the CarJackers she is succeeding!

I agree Steve about Tom and Bob and the excuses they give why they aren't there.

I am beginning to like Marnie as Alison now.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Jean for some reason is going way out of her way to paint Jack & Katie as soulmates. I honestly believe she wants it.

It would have been more dramatic for this to have been a way for Jack & Katie to have learned they didn't know that much about each other and given Katie more doubts.

The game and then Jack's reaction to Carly was really very badly written. Personally I feel Jack & Carly need some time apart to find their ownselves again, but there are many that want Jack & Carly back together pronto.

I would just love to see bitchy Carly back for awhile. Give her some fangs back.

oakdalelover

I want CarJack back together,BUT when Jack comes to his senses (and you know he will) I want Carly to make him suffer! I don't want them back immediately.

Steve,like we both have said before,I wish they would re-establish the Carly and Lisa connection. I always thought that Lisa saw herself in Carly. And I want the bitchy Carly to come back too! :)

ITA with your assesment of Jean too!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply