Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: So awesome right now
Topic Started: Sep 9 2007, 07:15 PM (422 Views)
Ridge
Member Avatar

Just wanted to throw a topic out there, not seeing much OLTL discussion here. Still a lot of fine tuning, I do agree that John is on a lot, somehow he does manage to weasle his way into every storyline but this storyline has managed to incorporate a large amount of the unappreciated canvas, not to mention the fact that balance is at a very decent level right now. The past 3 weeks have been awesome for this show. I LOOOVE that I can tune into this show and almost always have a CLIFFHANGER. It's what soaps are about. Hickland has been awesome as has St. John. Finally Kathy Brier has been given a chance to re-shine after a few years of supression. Just so awesome. I'm loving OLTL it is really keeping my faith alive in soaps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Ridge
Sep 9 2007, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to throw a topic out there, not seeing much OLTL discussion here. Still a lot of fine tuning, I do agree that John is on a lot, somehow he does manage to weasle his way into every storyline but this storyline has managed to incorporate a large amount of the unappreciated canvas, not to mention the fact that balance is at a very decent level right now. The past 3 weeks have been awesome for this show. I LOOOVE that I can tune into this show and almost always have a CLIFFHANGER. It's what soaps are about. Hickland has been awesome as has St. John. Finally Kathy Brier has been given a chance to re-shine after a few years of supression. Just so awesome. I'm loving OLTL it is really keeping my faith alive in soaps.

Thanks for starting this, Ridge. OLTL has been good all summer and it's only going to get better. We know the custody battle is going to be interesting, especially with the good acting we've been seeing from Kathy Brier, Nathaniel Marston. And Trevor St John's acting is mesmerizing! And rumors say the custody battle is going to bring Blair and Todd closer together. Catherine Hickland has been amazing as well. Farah Fath begins her stint on OLTL, I believe in the third week of October. As for John, I know he's onscreen a lot, but I'm a huge fan of Michael so that doesn't bother me. So lots of reasons to watch in the upcoming months. Don't forget Viki is somewhere, most probably in lots of trouble. OLTL is the soap to watch during the Nov sweeps! Plus, in my opinion OLTL has the hottest men in daytime TV. :)

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I'm so excited about what Ron is going to do with the show. I'm back to loving it just like I once did. I really like every single story and the only thing I really FF through is Cole and Marty...who no matter what they do, I'll always find boring.

I LOVE that after years of no stories, Marcie, Lindsay, and Nora are all back to being on on a daily basis. It's great. And it couldn't have picked a better time to get to being good again, since I now need a regular soap to watch in place of Passions. :lol:

As a side note, I don't know how Todd has any fans. The man is absolutely barbaric!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Todd has been written totally barbaric for years now. I have hated him for so long now and not a love to hate either.

I agree that OLTL is getting better. As soon as they cut back on John's air time (if that ever happens) I can give it a 100% go but until then it just gets a B-

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Thanks Ridge, thats good to know....I've been thinking about checking out of Salem and returning to Llanview.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply