Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: More Y&R directors/producers join the staff!
Topic Started: Sep 10 2007, 07:58 AM (768 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Jason47's Days Page

Four-time Daytime Emmy winner Noel Roger Maxam has joined the staff of "Days of Our Lives" as its supervising producer. He was a director and producer at "The Young and the Restless" from 1997-2007. He has been nominated 8 times for a Daytime Emmy and won four of them (in 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003). Maxam was born on September 26, 1967. His first episode airs on September 10, 2007.

Nine-time Daytime Emmy winner Kathryn Foster has joined the directing staff of "Days." Foster worked as a director and producer at "The Young and the Restless" from 1989-2006. She was nominated 23 times during her YR tenure and won nine Emmys (in 1989, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2002 as a director; and 2004 and 2007 as a producer). Foster was born March 19, 1964. Her first "Days" episode aired on September 5, 2007.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ilovemydays

:clap:

It seems like DAYS is pulling out all the stops. I can't wait to see how the show looks in a month.

Manny
Member Avatar

Hopefully, all these people can turn the show around. But I'm afraid that people won't start watching just because the lighting is changed. Or the camera movement is different.

They will need to produce better stories and feature characters we want to see. Until then, the entire staff of Y&R can work on the show and it still won't be more watched, IMO.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 10 2007, 09:35 AM
Hopefully, all these people can turn the show around. But I'm afraid that people won't start watching just because the lighting is changed. Or the camera movement is different.

They will need to produce better stories and feature characters we want to see. Until then, the entire staff of Y&R can work on the show and it still won't be more watched, IMO.

Yeah, but honestly, in the case of many of the show's stories right now, I don't necessarily think that it's the story itself that lacks -- it's the execution. The acting, the directing, musical cues... basically, the technical things. They fail to enhance the stories as they should.

Manny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 10 2007, 03:37 PM
Manny

Yeah, but honestly, in the case of many of the show's stories right now, I don't necessarily think that it's the story itself that lacks -- it's the execution. The acting, the directing, musical cues... basically, the technical things. They fail to enhance the stories as they should.

Really? I don't know... I kinda don't like Hogan's way of storytelling...

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can't stand Hogan's storytelling. Hopefully Scott will set that as a goal to change too.

I don't know about all these changes. I am trying to stay on the positive side.

But look at what happened when Hogan fired all the writers familiar with Days. It has hurt in the script writing a lot and little nods of history. I don't think it is ever a good thing to get rid of all people that know a show and bring in a whole new crew. Days needs some changes but this is way too much.

This is no more than what Latham did at Y&R and look how that has turned out. Y&R is now a show we don't recognize.

It looks like they are trying to make Days the new Y&R. That might sound good on some ways but turning one show into a carbon copy of the other is not the best way to go. It will not help to bring back fans who are used to a certain aspect of Days either - a part of Days that they are missing right now.

I hope for right now that he makes changes but I hope some of those changes are to the stories and the balance and not just cosmetic. To me that is what needs the most work.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Sony listed Noel Maxam as Supervising Producer a few weeks ago on the Days Sony site. He was actually never a producer on Y&R, just director. So far, Kathy Foster is an occasional director, Sony hasn't listed her as apart of the Days directing team yet.

Hopefully, everything works out for Days. Let's just hope Corday and Hogan don't screw things up.....AGAIN.

King
Member Avatar

Awesome news!

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I'm all for these new additions!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't think DAYS will ever reach Y&R status, or what used to be Y&R status, but them being close to it is fine for me. :) I think that the show can become successful with that way of producing because that's how the 60s and 70s were under Bill Bell's pen. I know there's a different audience now, but hopefully this new audience will accept it as something that's so much better than the crap we've been receiving for years.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Sep 10 2007, 08:37 AM
Manny

That's how I feel.

The stories on paper are fine but it's all about translating it onscreen and that has been lacking. So has emotional connection and intensity. The last two weeks has had that. I feel the show is taken itself seriously now and it's really trying to be the best it can be.

I am excited about these changes. One thing to note...the lighting is similar to JER's first run with the gothic tones that it makes me wonder how JER's second run would've looked under Ed Scott. I don't want him back but I am curious.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't mind Hogan's storyline. The thing that irritates me is the pace. One week the story is picking up rapidly, and then the next week, it moves slower than a snail. The lack of balance is annoying, too. Theres so many characters, and no usage for many of them.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

This is what Ed Scott meant about wrapping up the trill/spill storylines and having more relationships types. I'm just so thrilled that Kathryn Foster is on board. Her Santo/Colleen wonderful scenes are Emmy worthy. Days really had needed that.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The storylines on paper are crap right now, imho. There's an interesting spark in some of them, potential in others, but...crap.

I'm wary. I liked Days for being Days as I knew it- relaxed, fun, ridiculous at times but mostly entertaining in its stupidity (chip in a tooth? let's roll!). But since they can't do that anymore, I'm willing to see how a tweaked version works.

I'm also eager to see how these people do at character creation. Lighting and music and whatnot are all good, but they need some good fresh blood more than anything, imho.

King
Member Avatar

I've already seen changes in some of the acting, especially the younger ones.

Mason
Member Avatar

From what I've seen, I think mostly everyone has already stepped up their acting since Ed's been on. VERY good sign.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 10 2007, 07:58 AM
Jason47's Days Page

Four-time Daytime Emmy winner Noel Roger Maxam has joined the staff of "Days of Our Lives" as its supervising producer. He was a director and producer at "The Young and the Restless" from 1997-2007. He has been nominated 8 times for a Daytime Emmy and won four of them (in 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003). Maxam was born on September 26, 1967. His first episode airs on September 10, 2007.

Nine-time Daytime Emmy winner Kathryn Foster has joined the directing staff of "Days." Foster worked as a director and producer at "The Young and the Restless" from 1989-2006. She was nominated 23 times during her YR tenure and won nine Emmys (in 1989, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2002 as a director; and 2004 and 2007 as a producer). Foster was born March 19, 1964. Her first "Days" episode aired on September 5, 2007.

Holy. SHIT!!!

Corday -- or whoever -- means BUSINESS! :lol: :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply