Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 10
Topic Started: Sep 10 2007, 02:12 PM (2,194 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Well, I am stuck at work. Please discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Not that much to say about today's epi because I thought it was pretty boring.

The highlight for me was the EJ-Steve/EJ-Roman confrontation, but even that was just kinda ehhhh compared to the intensity of last week. I found it curious they gave that line to EJ about him knowing the Steve that howls at the moon. "I made him." Um, isn't that kind of a confession, EJ? But I guess the Salem P.D. is too busy trying to drum up new charges on EJ for being a parking ticket scofflaw to notice. In any event though, I'm glad that EJ is not overreacting to this development and is totally on to the Bradys. In this whole EJ redemption stuff I feel like they've taken away some of his arrogance and omniscience and honestly I liked those things about him even when he was mega-evil.

Max and Stephanie... ummmm... you know I didn't think I had any issue with them before as my main objections to the pairing last fall was that I thought Darin Brooks and Shayna Rose had like negative chemistry, but I just.can't.get.into.them. I'm sad to see Rawlings go and when the commercial break happened and Max and Stephanie were out of the plane I found myself wishing we could have stuck with Rawlings and his angels instead to see what they were going to do next.

Phillip and Belle... I just don't care. I like the chemistry between JKJ and MM better than BB and MM, but I'm just so bored and this storyline is hardly ever on it seems like so it just can't gain any momentum. I wish they could give Phillip more to do than pine for Belle or chase after a kid. I mean who the hell is running Titan these days anyway?

I guess it's good that Shawn is getting a real job with the police and if they are foreshadowing that Shawn will get shot in the line of duty with all the worry Hope and Bo have about that prospect then I could dig this storyline. But did Bo ever mention the fact that Shawn used to work for the DiMeras? Wasn't that a big sticking point for Bo when Patrick wanted to be a cop? Which reminds me... whatever happened to that sworn statement Bo wanted from Shawn to try to bring down EJ? Guess that one just went to the great big pile of dropped plot points in the sky along with so many other things under Hogan.

The Steve and Kayla scenes were pretty cute and I like that Kayla insisted they not keep the truth from their daughter.

Hopefully things pick up again later this week. I am not optimistic that Tuesday's show will be much better, unfortunately.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm loving the Philip and Belle scenes. I think it has more to do with the chemistry between Martha and Jay more than the actual story. I had to roll my eyes when Belle told the lady in charge that Philip would never hit a woman. Are we supposed to forget how abusive Philip was to Mimi, Willow and Gabby earlier this year? Because I didn't.

I don't think Shawn should be a cop, but that's just me. I can understand where thoes that are supporting this move are coming from. It has been long coming since both of his parents are cops. And I like the angle they're going with Bo and Hope concerned about Shawn's safety. That makes me think that Shawn is going to get hurt in the line of duty down the road.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks for the update, I guess I won't break any speed records getting home to watch! :lol:

jcar03
Member Avatar

I thought today was decent.

Nice to see them tie Jett's shooting into why Bo and Hope don't want Shawn becoming a cop.

Also I was glad they showed the hospital staff involved with the set up they could of easily forget that detail.

Also, why does everyone in this town have the exact same cell phone? Did you get some sort of town plan ? That would explain why they randomly have each others phone numbers when they hate each other and what not.

GBB
Member Avatar

Quote:

EJ: I know the Steve that howls at the moon, Roman. I made him.

Isn't that a confession?

King
Member Avatar

Today's wasn't too bad.

I really think Hoagie is going to go the long haul with Max/Stephanie.

Today, they were kinda cute.

It's still so dark and serious and...a real soap. :lol:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I do like that Shawn wants to become a cop. It's natural and also I think he is for once making a positive decision. Also, when Bo answered the phone and Shawn heard Chelsea's name, he showed concern for what she was calling about. That is also new as I've never seen Shawn acknowledge that she even existed. I do believe that Hogan has been told to give Shawn (Bo and Hope's son) something to root for....character and personality. Best part of the show today for me.

Max and Steph....yuk.

I really want Philip to find his son. JKJ and MM work so well together. I'd really not be surprised either if BB has been told to turn on some charm or he is out, too. Everyone seems to be raving about JKJ and MM.

The cop shop bored me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

These B-story shows really should not be on Monday's. That is a big problem. This show is more suited for a Tuesday or even Thursday. It seems like tomorrow is the same as today. Starting out a week with two straight shows that are slow movers and that focus mostly the supporting stories of the show is not a good way of trying to build ratings. It's not so much the characters and the stories aren't bad. The show just has to better organize when they air what and how they put together the shows. The Brady/Dimera story should be on about 4 days a week and the B stories should alternate around that.

Today was boring. Steve/EJ/Roman was good. Enjoyed the Steve/Kayla moments and EJ mentioning how he "made" Steve. Glad EJ is suspicious of Stefano's death.

I don't mind Max/Stephanie because I like the actors and see the chemistry but it's hard to get past their familial connection. I hope this is something building to something else to do for these two. It sucked we didn't get more of Rawlings. I enjoyed him.

Shawn/Bo was nice and I liked the tie in with Shawn wanting to be a cop and Jett's shooting. Belle/Philip was annoying. I like their chemistry but why was Philip acting like the Philip of earlier this year? It was too much of a regression. Ugh. At least the story moved though.

Tomorrow looks slow and the final 3 days look like the money days. It wasn't bad today but it wasn't great.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DrewHamilton
Sep 10 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm loving the Philip and Belle scenes. I think it has more to do with the chemistry between Martha and Jay more than the actual story. I had to roll my eyes when Belle told the lady in charge that Philip would never hit a woman. Are we supposed to forget how abusive Philip was to Mimi, Willow and Gabby earlier this year? Because I didn't.

I don't think Shawn should be a cop, but that's just me. I can understand where thoes that are supporting this move are coming from. It has been long coming since both of his parents are cops. And I like the angle they're going with Bo and Hope concerned about Shawn's safety. That makes me think that Shawn is going to get hurt in the line of duty down the road.

Yes...... <_<

Today's show was ok, nothing to write home about though.....

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm watching tomorrow's Canadian episode... I'm excited :lol: Hopefully I will be impressed.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I read the previews and it sounds pretty interesting. The best part is the moving of the B-stories to get ready for the new ones.

GBB
Member Avatar

Today's show was okay for me. I agree with those who say it's a little slow for a Monday, especially considering the excitement of last week and considering this week marks the loss of Passions and Days having to sink or swim with no other leadin/leadout.

That being said, it wasn't bad, just a little meh.

I get why the writers are putting Max & Stephanie together. They have some really good chemistry. But I'm still not able to get past the fact that he's her uncle. I might be able to handle it better yet if they actually discussed the fact that her mother is his sister. The line, "My brothers are Bo and Roman. Her father's Steve" was such a tortured way of avoiding saying "she and I are related." Rawlings was funny in a slimeball kind of way and I think they missed a big opportunity by not having him make fun of the fact that they're uncle and neice and clearly attracted to each other. By having someone point out the elephant in the room, at least the audience knows the writers aren't ignoring it and it might make it easier to deal with.

I enjoyed the scene between Bo and Shawn except it made me NUTS that Shawn just charged into a crime scene and expected to chat with Daddy about his career plans. First of all, Shawn, if you're going to be a cop, you might want to respect the integrity of a crime scene. Second, being a cop means you can't always stop (what Shawn believed to be) a murder investigation to chat with your son. Those annoyances aside, I liked the bonding in the scene and I thought Bo did a good job in laying out what being a cop is all about. I also loved "We have this crazy habit of talking about our kids."

I really loved the Steve/Kayla scenes at the police station. I loved seeing the swagger back in Steve's step after getting a blow or two back at the Dimeras. And I loved the raw sexual tension between them when he said "I'm a dangerous man, baby. You'll have to feed me." That's the way to sell a scene. I was shocked to see EJ admit to Roman that he "made" Crazy!Steve. I guess he's not even pretending anymore that he wasn't a part of the torture and brainwashing.

I see a lot of chemistry between Phillip and Belle (a lot more than she has with Shawn anyway) but Phillip HAS to get his anger under control. On what planet did he think it's okay to physically attack a woman in a battered women's shelter?? Much less one holding a baby. He's lucky he got out of there with a bump on the head. He could/should have been on his way to jail.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I do not like the Max and Stephanie stuff AT ALL and I never will! I wish they would just bring Abby back for Max, this crap is sick!

I liked the EJ/Roman scenes today and Phillip/Belle were ok too. I agree that the show was kind of boring overall though.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I do want Abby to return, but not to drool over Max all over again! I would love for her to return with or to someone new.

I'm tired of seeing the same characters and the same triangles being utilized time and time again. For instance, Shawn, Belle, Phillip.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jinxed Soul
Sep 11 2007, 09:10 AM
I do want Abby to return, but not to drool over Max all over again! I would love for her to return with or to someone new.

I'm tired of seeing the same characters and the same triangles being utilized time and time again. For instance, Shawn, Belle, Phillip.

Well, to be fair, we never really got the chance for an actual Max/Abby story. They hinted at it for months and then Ashley left just as it began to go somewhere so it wouldn't be the same old thing in that regard.

Days4Life
Unregistered

There must be something wrong with me, because I just never saw any chemistry between Max and Abby. IMO, they didn't suit at all. Part of the problem may be that although I think Ashley Benson is a beautiful girl, she seemed to sleepwalk through her scenes, not showing much emotion at all. To be fair, she wasn't given much material to work with, but I still think she could have done better than just seeming bored all the time. And I've never cared for Max. His first impression was a bad one, and I've never seen anything out of him that changed my mind. I don't hate him; I just don't care.

As for Monday's show, the highlight was the Steve/Kayla scenes. They were very good, and there was a lot of playful yet sexy chemistry between them. The lowlight was Philip barging into the women's shelter and attacking Lauren--he should have been arrested. I'm so tired of him and his anger management issues. And Belle defended him, saying he'd never harm a woman! I think Mimi, Willow and Gabby would all have something to say about that.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

PhoenixRising05
Sep 11 2007, 10:16 AM
Jinxed Soul
Sep 11 2007, 09:10 AM

Well, to be fair, we never really got the chance for an actual Max/Abby story. They hinted at it for months and then Ashley left just as it began to go somewhere so it wouldn't be the same old thing in that regard.

That's true! It would be nice if they picked up quickly where they left off, but I don't see it happening that way. Its going to be a slow progression again, and then with the possibility of more interference.

Moving on, I watched today's Canadian episode. No spoilers, I promise! :) I wasn't really into the episode whatsoever. From watching after so long, and from all the good things that were being said (at times), I expected more intriguing storylines. I will watch the next few episodes too, to give it the benefit of the doubt.

GBB
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 11 2007, 01:03 PM
Moving on, I watched today's Canadian episode. No spoilers, I promise! :) I wasn't really into the episode whatsoever. From watching after so long, and from all the good things that were being said (at times), I expected more intriguing storylines. I will watch the next few episodes too, to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm really disappointed with how slow this week is, this week of all weeks! This is the week they lose the Passions lead in/lead out and when they change time slots in a lot of major markets around the country. This week should have been gripping drama and non-stop action. Instead we get the lull between what was a great week last week and what looks to be a very exciting week next week.

Bad, bad timing.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm so irritated with Philip. And Belle. If his time in Iraq is the reason for his erratic and irrational behavior, shouldn't he be in therapy somewhere instead of spending the last 9 months racing around the world trying to track down "his" children? As for Belle, she needs to dump Shawn and just stay with Philip. All she does is lie to him and argue with him; yet she's willing to defend Philip and do anything/everything he asks. Give Shawn back the ring, move back into the Kiriakis mansion, and then she can continue to support and enable Philip while he goes on angry tirades and threatens and abuses any woman who doesn't give in to his every selfish whim. He's not very smart either...you don't try to bribe/extort someone in front of a cop!

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply