Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 10
Topic Started: Sep 10 2007, 02:12 PM (2,297 Views)
Days4Life
Unregistered

King
Sep 13 2007, 01:43 PM
There was a real sense of danger today in the last scene. DAYS hasn't had the feel of danger since the SSK.

Bravo, DAYS!

I thought the same thing. Today's ending gave me the same deliciously thrilling tingles that SSK did. Scary, dramatic, a sense of impending doom...can't' wait to see what's happening next!
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I so agree, D4L!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Sep 13 2007, 02:52 PM
King
Sep 13 2007, 01:43 PM
There was a real sense of danger today in the last scene. DAYS hasn't had the feel of danger since the SSK.

Bravo, DAYS!

I thought the same thing. Today's ending gave me the same deliciously thrilling tingles that SSK did. Scary, dramatic, a sense of impending doom...can't' wait to see what's happening next!

Too bad this is happening just as it seems like the feud storyline is wrapping up rather than at the beginning. LOL.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I loved todays show. The use of the vets was great. I loved the tension between Kate and Anna. What a sight for those two to go after one another.

Major chemistry between Philip and Belle, oh I desperatly wanted them to kiss, and then she wanted to take a shower. Sure ya did Belle. (o/t is she wearing the same jacket as Dani on BB?)

I thought Hope told Shawn things he needed to hear. Then when Shawn and Kate had their few words I was shocked, didn't see that coming. I also wonder where he is. You would think he would have heard the knocking on the door and Kate yelling if he was in the back.

The Roman and dead Stefano scenes were great. I aboslutely loved it. Him stating he felt bad this whole time thinking it was his fault and in reality it wasn't Roman's fault at all. Then he pulled the gun. I knew he wouldn't shoot, but it was still a great commercial break.

I missed most of the Santeen/EJami stuff, but found it rather odd that Sami and EJ were picturing themselves right there w/Santo and Colleen. Guess I will have to watch it again later to hopefully understand what I missed.

Tomorrow looks like another great day with the vets.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Haven't got to watch todays yet..but tomorrows looks even better..John, Marlena, Lexie, Abe, Benji, Bo, Hope, Tony, Anna, Roman, Lucas and Shawn Sr. are all at the funeral...great use of vets..

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I missed the episode prior to this one. So, how did Claire end up staying in Tulsa with her mother, while Shawn returned home?!

I liked Hope's speech to Shawn. It was much needed. However, him being the stubborn fool he is, I think everything she said went way over his head.

I was a little suprised with Anna's jealousy over Roman. I thought Tony was the one and only man for her. Meanwhile, it was funny watching Kate add to her jealousy :lol:

Marlena looked gorgeous today!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Well, phooey. I fell asleep before the end of the show, sigh. I loved Philip and Belle, especially Belle today as Philip was mentally grieving for his son. It would be great to see them together loving each other again and Claire turning out to be their natural daughter. Belle is more like Marlena when she is with Philip. He is more like John (or Victor). Love them.

Hope was good with Shawn today. Good for her because she usually just coddles him without the direction he needs from her.

Loved seeing Anna and Tony. There will be a lot of fun with Roman, Tony, Anna and Kate coming up.

The way the Santeen story with Ali and EJ being onlookers was unique. I rather enjoyed that....so now they are looking on and next they will be participating, I suppose.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wonderful show today..It was such a pleasure seeing Anna again..and Kate and Anna were fabulous..What a pair, i'm so glad they don't like each other...Also the show has a potential goldmine in the quad of Tony, Anna, Roman, and Kate...as all the potential couples have a nice chemistry..

I also really enjoyed the Shawn and Kate scene..Dare i say they would make a potentially hot couple..Brandon has more chemistry with Lauren than Martha..The real chemistry though is with Jay and Martha..Phelle is so damm hot..I was so hoping they would kiss today..

Thanks Hogan and Ed for a great show, for finally giving most of the vets some interesting stuff today (i'm still a little bitter about john and marlena's absense though)..The show is really coming together nicely..

oh and i liked the Santeen scenes..The best part is when Sami skipped forward a few letters..That was great to watch!!!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Quote:

I missed the episode prior to this one. So, how did Claire end up staying in Tulsa with her mother, while Shawn returned home?!

Shawn left and was going to take her, but Belle didn't want Claire leaving on a plane that late at night and asked Shawn to leave her there with her.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Poor Shawn! I would imagine that would make him feel even more unconfortable having his future wife and child with her ex.

GBB
Member Avatar

Anna and Kate ROCK! They could both teach the younger crowd a thing or two about bringing the sexy.

The writers should reserve a few minutes in each episode to let those two snark on each other.

Please, please write a story where they become business rivals (at least) and if there's some dancing around with Kate/Roman/Anna/Tony, all the better!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Today's show was fabulous.

I enjoy the interaction of all the residents. Shawn actually trying to get the upper hand on Andre' to help Kate. Then when Belle came in and Andre made the comment of Belle being John and Marlena's child. It's about time someone brought that up. Kate truely seemed upset about what happened to Belle and Shawn.

EJ and Sami reading those letters while watching Colleen and Santo is just odd to me. I don't really get it. Maybe I am supposed to pretend they are watching a film, I know I yell at the screen at different times.

I have seen such a change in the show; lighting, acting, storylines. I am loving Days again.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

At first the way we see EJ and Sami looking at Santeen bothered me, but I really like it now as we can see what they are talking about as the action is taking place. It's really neat and not too far out. Movies have used similar techniques for forever. The more I think about Ed Scott, the more I think he is really professional and could direct movies that would be well received. Lucky Days.

I'm just ready for this Sami/EJ Santeen Vendetta saga to end and new stories to begin....with new characters on the screen ... not new NEW characters, but different characters.

Loved todays show. Thaao is sooooooooo good at being bad. Love Andre, not for being bad but being so good at being bad.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Hands down today was one of the best episodes of the year..i was on the edge of my couch the entire episode and making so many comments to my roomate who was in the room with me..Thaao is doing an amazing job, today was easily the best performance he's given as Andre...He was chilling in his scenes with Kate..Kudos to both Thaao and Lauren for a great job today..Lauren played the frightened victom so well...And i got excited when during the Shawn and Andre fight..It looked much better than previous fights on Days..then of course Belle had to come in..LOVED IT...this is how you do a friday episode, thanks Ed Scott for stepping up the production of the show...because i bet if you weren't here it wouldn't have been as great.

The funeral scenes were wonderful..So many great character interactions..And i really like that Lexie is getting scenes with her brother Benji...Anna worrying about Roman was great, and hopefully we lead to a nice quadrangle down the road..and Hope and Anna's scene was funny...

Finally, i knew most of the spoilers for the episode..but i had no idea that the boquet had a camera in it allowing Andre to watch the entire funeral..He really is a step ahead of everyone..Oh yeah and a Mensa member!!! Love it...

Jonatha

Kevc1980
Sep 14 2007, 05:41 PM
Hands down today was one of the best episodes of the year..i was on the edge of my couch the entire episode and making so many comments to my roomate who was in the room with me..Thaao is doing an amazing job, today was easily the best performance he's given as Andre...He was chilling in his scenes with Kate..Kudos to both Thaao and Lauren for a great job today..Lauren played the frightened victom so well...And i got excited when during the Shawn and Andre fight..It looked much better than previous fights on Days..then of course Belle had to come in..LOVED IT...this is how you do a friday episode, thanks Ed Scott for stepping up the production of the show...because i bet if you weren't here it wouldn't have been as great.

The funeral scenes were wonderful..So many great character interactions..And i really like that Lexie is getting scenes with her brother Benji...Anna worrying about Roman was great, and hopefully we lead to a nice quadrangle down the road..and Hope and Anna's scene was funny...

Finally, i knew most of the spoilers for the episode..but i had no idea that the boquet had a camera in it allowing Andre to watch the entire funeral..He really is a step ahead of everyone..Oh yeah and a Mensa member!!! Love it...

Friday's show was the best by far in a long time. Thaao is chewing up all the scenery where ever he shows up. Hats off to Lauren today, too. I loved, loved, loved, the funeral parlor scenes -- everyone dressed in black, in a dark setting offset by the red roses. It was like a scene from 'The Godfather.' Loved seen grampa Shawn there. He didn't have to say a word - it was all over his face. Can't wait for the confrontation between him and Stefano. Deidre Hall looked absolutely lovely today and how damn good was it so see her? I'm still thinking about the lines between EJ and Sami today when she asked him why he thought Santo could not kill Colleen. EJ turned that around saying, "I could never kill you, Samantha." Hmmmmm....Kudos all around.

King
Member Avatar

I love Anna and Leann Hunley. But Anna really needs more substance. She just runs around like a horny teenager. Was this what she was like in the 80's? It reminds me of Rebecca Hotchkiss, which works for PSNS, but with DAYS, she needs something else.

King
Member Avatar

At the beginning of Best Week Ever this week, they showed a quick glance of Tony dressed up like the clown in Sami's room, but then they didn't feature it on the show.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

:lol: I was watching Best Week Ever too King. But instead we got the stripper lady from IWBASS. Creapy clown would have been much better.

I can't believe I forgot to mention OMB at the funeral. I was surprised. The little flashback he had w/Stefano.
Benjy with a gun, uhm... he doesn't know that this is all a set up, so does he want to shoot him just to make sure he will never come back?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Benjy is full of rage for what Stefano did to him. Lexie tried to get him to calm down, and infact even suggested that he return to the hospital. He refused.

The funeral turnout is tiny. Infact, its all Brady's there, for the most part. How ironic :lol:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I understand Benjy's rage, who can blame him. I just still don't get the gun. Abe and Lexie even talked about Benjy not knowing Stefano was alive.
Maybe I am just reading to much into it. Benjy knows his father is the Phoenix, he will never die!

Andre to Bo: I have your son and Marlena's daughter isn't it delicious. Awkward!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply