Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 10
Topic Started: Sep 10 2007, 02:12 PM (4,065 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

These B-story shows really should not be on Monday's. That is a big problem. This show is more suited for a Tuesday or even Thursday. It seems like tomorrow is the same as today. Starting out a week with two straight shows that are slow movers and that focus mostly the supporting stories of the show is not a good way of trying to build ratings. It's not so much the characters and the stories aren't bad. The show just has to better organize when they air what and how they put together the shows. The Brady/Dimera story should be on about 4 days a week and the B stories should alternate around that.

Today was boring. Steve/EJ/Roman was good. Enjoyed the Steve/Kayla moments and EJ mentioning how he "made" Steve. Glad EJ is suspicious of Stefano's death.

I don't mind Max/Stephanie because I like the actors and see the chemistry but it's hard to get past their familial connection. I hope this is something building to something else to do for these two. It sucked we didn't get more of Rawlings. I enjoyed him.

Shawn/Bo was nice and I liked the tie in with Shawn wanting to be a cop and Jett's shooting. Belle/Philip was annoying. I like their chemistry but why was Philip acting like the Philip of earlier this year? It was too much of a regression. Ugh. At least the story moved though.

Tomorrow looks slow and the final 3 days look like the money days. It wasn't bad today but it wasn't great.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 11 2007, 09:10 AM
I do want Abby to return, but not to drool over Max all over again! I would love for her to return with or to someone new.

I'm tired of seeing the same characters and the same triangles being utilized time and time again. For instance, Shawn, Belle, Phillip.

Well, to be fair, we never really got the chance for an actual Max/Abby story. They hinted at it for months and then Ashley left just as it began to go somewhere so it wouldn't be the same old thing in that regard.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

King
Sep 11 2007, 07:02 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 11 2007, 02:20 PM
I just don't get why Hogan is so gung-ho on writing for Max and Stephanie as a couple. He firmly said that he didn't want incest on this show and was determined to end it, but now, a year later, we're back to the same couple that he wanted to break up? It doesn't make sense. Is Hogan even writing this storyline? I mean, at least they are referring to the fact that Max is Stephanie's uncle, which they totally overshadowed last year. But still, it's gross.

Here's to hoping Abby comes back, or they at least bring on someone new for Max. I don't see it happening though, sadly. :(

I know. I'm guessing he wasn't planning on Benson leaving and the budget issues. He just really likes Darrin.

Trevor Donovan has REALLY stepped up his acting the last two weeks.

I agree about Trevor. He has really improved over the summer and the last few episodes he has appeared have shown great strides.

In regards to Max and Stephanie, I like the chemistry and their scenes today reminded me of a classic Days supercouple scene (ex. J&J in the cave). The bickering and the fire in a cave...I will admit the scenes were well done and the acting and writing were great. I also appreciate them not skirting around the issue of him being her uncle. I guess it's not that bad. I like both actors and it's not a blood related issue. It still has an ick factor but if they keep writing it like they did today, I just may be able to overcome it. I don't think this is Hogan's work. I think Benson's exit, along with Fath's, left Hogan in a touch place. Max did nothing in the spring so my feeling was Hogan had no further interest in him. He said he liked him at first but wanted to make him a leading man. That's hard to do when his love interests left. I think Corday and/or Wyman pushed to keep the young ones front and center and Corday likes his young couplings (ex. Shelle) so Hogan probably had no choice but to go Max/Stephanie. I just can't see Hogan going on and on about not doing something and then doing it willingly a year later. It's far to blatant of a flip flop IMO.

Enjoyed Kayla/Chelsea too as it's nice seeing family interacting again. Nice scenes and MBE was fierce today when she told Jeremy off. Trevor was good in those scenes and loved Nick's involvement. Also, nice seeing Bo interact with his daughter. I always like that. The scene with Nick and the kids at the end after hanging up with Chelsea was cute. That was a nice Chick scene.

Belle/Philip was solid too. Good movement in story and JKJ and Martha have some great chemistry going on. I love this Tyler story and I really like Lauren. She would be a great psycho. Good scenes.

I actually thought today would be bad but I enjoyed it more then yesterday. Go figure.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Ok. That's it. I don't know if it was Hogan or Ed's changes but I am sold on Max/Stephanie. Between the chemistry, the acting, and the writing...I have come to like them. Now, hopefully, they keep this kind of quality up with them because their scenes today and the last few days were classic Days. It reminded me of past couples like J&J when they were in a cave stranded. Loved it. Also liked Bo and Kayla showing up and the reactions. Kayla letting Stephanie in on the Stefano plot was nice too.

Shawn/Belle/Philip is enjoyable right now because, finally, they are moving this story. It feels important now and this should really be the B story. Hopefully, with TTS over, it will be. I am glad it's getting more airtime. Nice seeing Claire and good acting and writing for these scenes. I love seeing realistic conflict. This isn't just your cut and dry triangle. Shelle just can't get out of their own way and it's a brilliant conflict IMO.

Loved Andre today. Thaoo is playing him flawlessly. The music was so creepy and went well with his voice and mannerisms. Good job by Ali too as she played just the right amount of fear in her scenes without going overboard. I like the look on Roman's face too after Sami told him Andre figured it out. He knew they failed :lol: . Andre as the old woman at the end was funny too. Love his disguises.

Pretty good today. The next two days look like the start of the big stuff. Oh, and for people who wanted a Anna/Roman/Kate/Tony quad...watch tomorrow. I SO see it coming now!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

It really is, King.

Oh, by the way, there is a MAJOR spoiler clip in regards to Friday's show on the Prevuze sight. If anyone wants, I will post a link somewhere. It was a great clip.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

King
Sep 12 2007, 05:04 PM
Definitely post it!

It's posted in the spoiler forum, King. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 12 2007, 06:00 PM
Loved seeing Claire Bear again! She looked older then the last time we saw her. Anna should be on this week since LeAnn was credited at the end so hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

I think I figured out why things get so screwing with think Leann and Judi Evans were contract awhile ago. Renee Jones is the last contract actor to be added those appearing after her are contract and that includes Alison and James as Colleen and Santo for some reason they consider that recurring since they came after Ava and Olivia.

LeAnn is on Thursday and Friday, Jcar. Not Sure about Monday but she may on then too.

The whole contract/recurring thing with LeAnn and Judi still confuses me. Thaoo claims LeAnn isn't on contract but Jason47 said she was at one point and also said the same about Judi. I don't know what to think.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Jean, I don't think they recasted Claire. I know they took her off contract but it's the same little girl unless I missed something.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Well, in all fairness, their first concern was for their safety so their first reaction being relief is realistic. They jumped out of a plane and Bo and Kayla were just happy to see them alive so I am glad they showed that instead of immediate reaction to the lovemaking.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 13 2007, 11:20 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 12 2007, 11:30 PM
Well, in all fairness, their first concern was for their safety so their first reaction being relief is realistic.  They jumped out of a plane and Bo and Kayla were just happy to see them alive so I am glad they showed that instead of immediate reaction to the lovemaking.

I understand this, and I also understand that Kayla felt an urgency to tell Stephanie about Steve "killing" Stefano. However, lately DAYS has made a habit of skipping over emotional scenes that we need to see, and I don't want that to happen here. If they don't acknowledge and deal with the family issue, Max and Stephanie are not going to be accepted as a new couple by many viewers. Simple as that. I hope the writers realize this and write the story appropriately. They had an opportunity Wednesday that they missed--when Stephanie and Max were getting dressed, she made a comment about how Kayla must feel seeing her daughter who is dating one guy making out with another guy. She could easily have said something like "My mom's probably freaking out. I'm supposed to be in love with Jeremy and she finds me making out with another guy who also happens to be her brother!" That acknowledgment would at least let the viewers know that the writers are planning to deal with the fallout of a relationship between these two.

Oh, I agree. They can't gloss over it and they really haven't. They have made subtle references so that is a start but they really need to go a little further with it. All I was saying was I understand Bo and Kayla initial reaction to finding them. I would feel relieved to finding my loved ones alive after they jumped out of a plane.

I do feel that since Ed's material started the show is doing a better job of giving us the necessary scenes to move and execute stories. There is some motional intensity and the connection to the characters is there again so I think it's improving in that regard. Hopefully, it continues.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply