Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Passions SOD Cover; Subscribers....
Topic Started: Sep 10 2007, 05:15 PM (607 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I just got my new SOD in the mail. It's for 9/18/07. There is a flap covering the actual cover and this flap is a all Passions cover. It has a brand new picture of Ethan in a suit and Theresa in a purple dress as the main picture and they are looking all seductive. In the upper left hand corner where SOD usually is, it says "direct TV digest" and the upper right hand corner gives the number to call to get DIRECTV. The bottom right hand corner has a old Juliet Mills pic that says "Breaking News! Passions is moving to DIRECTV." The headline to the left of the ET picture is 'IT GETS EVEN BETTER! AN ALL NEW SEASON OF PASSIONS ONLY ON DIRECTV." It then has a link to the Passions DIRECTV website.

This is just like the special Meerkat Manor cover SOD did for subscribers a month ago when that show premiered on Animal Planet. I wish I could scan the cover but I am not capable :lol: . Perhaps someone else has it and can. I thought it was really clever and it was nice to see Passions have an actual cover. It looked great and Lindsey Hartley looked amazing!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I hate that I'm actually starting to want DirecTV now, LoL.

King
Member Avatar

Wow! Awesome!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yay for Passions! Glad SOD is supporting it!

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

SOD isn't supporting. It's probably just special ad space that was purchased by DirectTV/PSNS.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Its an advertisement not even a real cover. If SOD wasn't paid what I'm guessing is a nice sum of money they would never of been on the cover. That is why it says DirecTV Digest and mentions DirecTV about four times and tells you what number to call to get DirecTV.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Um, sorry for the naysayers, but SOD IS supporting the show and DirecTV. Editors and publishers, aren't required to run anything, even if they're paid for it. There's no law that states otherwise. So by accepting money, they're supporting the show and they're supporting DirecTV. And most importantly, they're celebrating the move.

That they let "Passions" dominate their ACTUAL cover, IS supporting the show. They could have said, "No, you just get an inside flap or a center spread."

But they're letting them ALTER a MAINSTAY: the cover.

As someone in the publishing business who has dealt with a similar issue, let me tell you, that's HUGE.

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mr. Brightside
Sep 10 2007, 11:23 PM
SOD isn't supporting. It's probably just special ad space that was purchased by DirectTV/PSNS.

SOD's supporting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

KMan101
Sep 10 2007, 08:03 PM
Yay for Passions! Glad SOD is supporting it!

Right on!

Thanks, SOD!
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

^ Not to mention that there's a 3-4 page article that gives character/storyline descriptions for new viewers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

psychofan
Sep 11 2007, 08:16 PM
^ Not to mention that there's a 3-4 page article that gives character/storyline descriptions for new viewers.

Yep. I forgot to mention that in my first post.

Sure, they probably got paid a pretty penny but they still chose to run it and gave the show an overlay cover and 3-4 pages worth of space to help attract new fans to the show and to even recap things for old fans. That's support if you ask me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Sep 11 2007, 08:19 PM
psychofan
Sep 11 2007, 08:16 PM

Yep. I forgot to mention that in my first post.

Sure, they probably got paid a pretty penny but they still chose to run it and gave the show an overlay cover and 3-4 pages worth of space to help attract new fans to the show and to even recap things for old fans. That's support if you ask me.

And it's a significant victory for every "Passions" fan who was persecuted for EIGHT years by certain fans and naysayers.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply