Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will PASSIONS still be in the weekly ratings?
Topic Started: Sep 11 2007, 04:09 PM (468 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Now that PASSIONS is no longer on network television, will it still be included in the Top 9 Weekly Ratings for Soaps?

Or is GL now the lowest rated soap?

I know that we have 1 more week of ratings where PSNS will be included because of them still being on NBC.

Will PSNS ratings now be counted somewhere else? Anyone know?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

That's a really good question.

I would guess it won't be included since it's not broadcast on a big three Network. But I'm just guessing.

Mason
Member Avatar

I seriously doubt it'll be included with the other 8 shows once it moves to DirecTV. But it would be interesting to see its ratings over there.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Nah It won't be included

GL will now be the lowest rated soap, which is bad IMO At least they could always use the excuse well at least we're beating Passions.

kserox10

Poor Gl. That means DAYS will be 2nd to last.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sucks for all soaps. PASSIONS's ratings made the rest of theirs look semi-decent in comparison.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

If the trend continues, DAYS could be the lowest rated soap.

GL has been topping DAYS at least twice a week for over a month now

bellcurve
Unregistered

Rick
Sep 11 2007, 06:08 PM
If the trend continues, DAYS could be the lowest rated soap.

GL has been topping DAYS at least twice a week for over a month now

Yeah, I predict DAYS will lose a bit of their audience post-PASSIONS. I wouldn't have said that about two or three years ago, but the shows had played off of each other really well for the past 9 years as being kind of a camp, tag-team guilty pleasure. The audience NBC/DAYS have may not want to keep watching the new DAYS, that is about "real people with real issues."

And the trend is that daytime soaps are losing their audience, not gaining. And I hope the affiliates hold out on dropping DAYS altogether, because if one does it, the trend will continue.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't see Passions leaving having any effect on Days.

The time slot moves will though. They will either help a little or hurt alot. We won't know until next week and it makes me worried even thinking about it.

I don't see Days dropping below GL though. Although, who knows, all of daytime is falling and some of those dailies, especially for the CBS shows last week, were terrible.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I SERIOUSLY will be pissed if we don't have a way to track "Passions" ratings -- other than the obligatory SOD or SOW once-a-sweeps period and possibly debut week blurb on the issue, which would still be only possibilities.
Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

PhoenixRising05
Sep 11 2007, 07:24 PM
The time slot moves will though. They will either help a little or hurt alot. We won't know until next week and it makes me worried even thinking about it.

I don't see the timeslot move helping at all. I see the ratings either staying stagnant or dropping. Maybe not in the first week, but definitely sooner rather than later. I'm hoping this isn't the case, for the sake of the fans of the show and daytime altogether.

And I bring up PASSIONS because I think many people tend to underestimate its appeal and success outside of those of us who know and love the genre. NBC, over the past decade, has made a name for itself as being a network devoted to campy daytime soap opera. I hope the audience that is with DAYS is there because of the show, not for the camp value of the show. Because I believe those fans will leave with PASSIONS and the fans that have been dicked over in the past that really want good storytelling and not the same ole BS will either be too stubborn to tune into DAYS because they've been there a thousand times with it, or they'll have to be majorly lured back with a stunt that gets everyone talking again, but that doesn't have the camp/shock value attached to it.

Quote:

I don't see Days dropping below GL though. Although, who knows, all of daytime is falling and some of those dailies, especially for the CBS shows last week, were terrible.

It could happen at any time, but the only way I can see DAYS dropping below GL in the ratings is if a major affiliate places it in the graveyard shift(after Last Call w/Carson) or drop the show altogether.

DAYS still has a prayer because, at least right now, its airing in the afternoon during the soap opera block. If stations choose not to carry the show, that's when you'll see Kreizman and Wheeler happy again(b/c they'll bump back up to being next to last in the ratings).
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I think unless some things quickly change with Days GL will still beat them in some daily ratings like they have been doing for awhile now. They have also beat them in viewers a few times too. I don't see them overtaking them right now as GL is not seen in all of CBS affiliates.

Also GL is not seen in every area on the same day and is shown a day late at 10 a.m. in the morning in several big areas.

If Days drops a few affiliates or gets moved to an early morning slot I can see GL topping them.

Mason
Member Avatar

I think DAYS's ratings will either stay the same or drop a little, but I don't think there will be so big a drop that GL will be able to completely overtake it. My prediction is that we'll see lots of DAYS/GL ties at about 2.0.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

It wouldn't be hard at all for GL to overtake DAYS. GL is beating them in dailies a couple times each week, which IMO shows how bad DAYS is when GL's not even shown on all affiliates.

Aug 27-31 (Seperated by 72,000 viewers)
7. DAYS 2,539,000
8. GL 2,467,000

Aug 20-24 (Seperated by 89,000 viewers)
7. DAYS 2,651,000
8. GL 2,562,000

Aug 13-17 (Seperated by 46,000 viewers)
7. GL 2,641,000
8. DAYS 2,595,000

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply