Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Spoilers from interview with Bryan Dattilo; TotalTVOnline.com interview
Topic Started: Sep 11 2007, 10:09 PM (900 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From TotalTVOnline.com-Sep. 11, 2007:

Just finished listening to the show. Bryan confirmed that they are going with Sami and EJ for a while. He didn't say how long or a lot of details. He did say that the requirement that Sami marry EJ is going to behind it and that he is going to find Kate and Stefano together.

I like the interviewers though because they kept saying how it was only temprary and that Lumi would always be to put back together. Bryan indicated that he was actually looking forward to having a break from Lumi for awhile.

Second Chances
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I believe that Sami will tell everyone she has strong feelings for EJ, meanwhile, she will be leaving Lucas for him, to end the vendetta. Deep down, she will have feelings for EJ though, which she will be unable to admit to herself.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dawn9476

:puke:

Well, it looks like I will be FF Sami. :angry: I will miss watch Ali. Thank god for old clips of the real Sami. I can't watch Sami and her rapist. I thought Ed would put an end to this nonsense and would be committed to making the show better. I guess I was wrong and he is just as gross as Hogan.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

My only issue with Sami/EJ is that it's so very, very forced, when it could have been one of their more natural pairings. Still don't fully get how Sami marrying EJ is going to placate indestructible Andre and end the feud, but I don't much care so: whatever.

I agree that Sami will have some deep-down feelings, and then probably at some point EJ will get all noble and let Sami go back to Lucas, which is when she'll acknowledge those deep-down feelings. And, boy, I can't hardly wait to go on this little journey. I hope they've signed Scott to a nice long contract.

Which I think means that as much as I loved Sami/Sweeney, I was not prepared for her to be in this type of role, 'cause I really can't root for her in any of this. Can't root for any of them, actually. Except indestructible Andre. Weird.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm actually very excited for this storyline..The Lumi/Ej storyline has been so stale for the longest time, and really needs a big shakeup..Its obvoious that the folio says that the feud ends with a brady marrying a dimera....I think this will be very angsty for Lumi..But damm what about Will and the twins...who will raise them?

this will be a complicated story...

go29

Actually it was the radio guy who kept saying EJ and Sami would be temporary. I really wish he would have let BD talk without cutting him off or adding his own two cents.

The only things the interview really revealed was:
1. EJ and Sami marrying would end the vendetta
2. lucas catches Kate with Stefano and has a confrontation with Kate
3. lucas and Sami have a good scene at the Brady Pub (most likely about the terms to ending the vendetta)

BD did say lucas might lose "his girl" but said he was not sure for how long or even if it happens. The radio guy was the one throwing out the other stuff -- but BD made some very good points about the character and how he'd like to see him developed and have an identity outside of Sami.

BTW my take on it was from listening to the interview (available at the site).

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

dawn9476
Sep 11 2007, 11:19 PM

Well, it looks like I will be FF Sami. :angry: I will miss watch Ali. Thank god for old clips of the real Sami. I can't watch Sami and her rapist. I thought Ed would put an end to this nonsense and would be committed to making the show better. I guess I was wrong and he is just as gross as Hogan.

It will seem like its forced! But, Sami will kind of want to be with EJ, too!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

:D I'm am thrilled! The Lumi marriage bores me to tears and their sex ....well :puke:

Ali works best with James. I see not spark whatsoever with Bryan.

I am so happy Bryan will get his own storyline. He has played third wheel to Ejami far too long. Best wishes to him. :cheers:

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Sep 12 2007, 07:13 AM
dawn9476

Well, it looks like I will be FF Sami.  :angry: I will miss watch Ali. Thank god for old clips of the real Sami. I can't watch Sami and her rapist. I thought Ed would put an end to this nonsense and would be committed to making the show better. I guess I was wrong and he is just as gross as Hogan.

It seems forced to me as well. But let's face it, we've seen Sami go through a slew of new men; cheating on them, manipulating them, bedding them, and getting engaged to marry them. None of them, including Austin, have stayed on with her with the exception of Lucas. There's a lot of talk about destiny because of the Brady/DiMera feud storyline. Unless Hogey is actually thinking of making Sami the reincarnation of Colleen, and EJ the recarnation of Santo, which is a stretch even for a soap opera, in the long term I don't see Sami being with anyone else but Lucas. Also let's not forget about Will, even if the writers have forgotten he exists. :lol:

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 12 2007, 08:38 AM
Jinxed Soul
Sep 12 2007, 07:13 AM
dawn9476

Well, it looks like I will be FF Sami.  :angry: I will miss watch Ali. Thank god for old clips of the real Sami. I can't watch Sami and her rapist. I thought Ed would put an end to this nonsense and would be committed to making the show better. I guess I was wrong and he is just as gross as Hogan.

It seems forced to me as well. But let's face it, we've seen Sami go through a slew of new men; cheating on them, manipulating them, bedding them, and getting engaged to marry them. None of them, including Austin, have stayed on with her with the exception of Lucas. There's a lot of talk about destiny because of the Brady/DiMera feud storyline. Unless Hogey is actually thinking of making Sami the reincarnation of Colleen, and EJ the recarnation of Santo, which is a stretch even for a soap opera, in the long term I don't see Sami being with anyone else but Lucas. Also let's not forget about Will, even if the writers have forgotten he exists. :lol:

I think Sami will be fine without Lucas. I thought they were going to end Lumi for good after the Stan debacle. Honestly that should have been the last straw. No woman should have to take what he said to her in front of her family during the wedding. Yes what she did was wrong but he could have talked to her alone about that. It's not like he has never done anything he completely regrets and almost hurt or killed the people he loved. Then marrying her sister and saying she was the best woman for him and calling her scami should have been the end to lumi in my opinion.

I just haven't seen Lucas as the guy that she always goes back to. Even the years when they were together and not enemies they were apart more then they were together. They were arguing and calling each other names during this period too. I don't think Hogan has to make EJ and Sami the exact reincarnations of Santo and Colleen. They did have a good friendship before that night. I think they can build with them and make their own story. I can see this couple being on a long term status because I believe they have a lot of great storyline potential for them.

Jonatha

Angie79
Sep 11 2007, 10:09 PM
From TotalTVOnline.com-Sep. 11, 2007:

Just finished listening to the show.  Bryan confirmed that they are going with Sami and EJ for a while.  He didn't say how long or a lot of details.  He did say that the requirement that Sami marry EJ is going to behind it and that he is going to find Kate and Stefano together. 

I like the interviewers though because they kept saying how it was only temprary and that Lumi would always be to put back together.  Bryan indicated that he was actually looking forward to having a break from Lumi for awhile.

Second Chances

Here's the link to the entire transcript:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=99057

pspcindy
Member Avatar

All I can say is I think James and Ali, based on the Santeen work, will be amazing.

The accents were problematic to the Santeen story but nevertheless, both actors overcame that and were able to showcase great emotion as the tortured pair.

I look forward to JS and AS going forward w/EJ and Sami. There is so much potential for tons of good soapy drama here. I hope the show intends to mine it.

Mason
Member Avatar

dawn9476
Sep 11 2007, 10:19 PM

Um, Ed Scott really doesn't have that much say as far as story direction goes...

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I think this whole story is monumentally stupid.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Sep 12 2007, 01:49 PM

OneBadKitty
Sep 12 2007, 01:49 PM

:hail: :hail: :hail:

adrianna
Unregistered

Thank God! Ejami is the sl now its time to get Lucas in his own planet and see if he has chops to stand on his own.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Not a big surprise. We all figured this out months ago.

It is temporary but I don't think it will be as bad for LUMI fans as originally though. The interviewer made it out to be bigger then it seemed. I am just glad this story finally has something to spice it up. I see chemistry on both sides and I do enjoy the story, most of the time, so I am optimistic it will be some good drama. Ed has really helped this story IMO.

I also like that we may be seeing Lucas develop as an individual. It seems his catching Kate with Stefano will be the thing that drives him away from her and to change his last name to Horton. I hope we see Lucas explored on his own for a bit so he can be defined as more then Sami's love interest.

Ridge
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 11 2007, 11:16 PM
My only issue with Sami/EJ is that it's so very, very forced, when it could have been one of their more natural pairings. Still don't fully get how Sami marrying EJ is going to placate indestructible Andre and end the feud, but I don't much care so: whatever.

I agree that Sami will have some deep-down feelings, and then probably at some point EJ will get all noble and let Sami go back to Lucas, which is when she'll acknowledge those deep-down feelings. And, boy, I can't hardly wait to go on this little journey. I hope they've signed Scott to a nice long contract.

Which I think means that as much as I loved Sami/Sweeney, I was not prepared for her to be in this type of role, 'cause I really can't root for her in any of this. Can't root for any of them, actually. Except indestructible Andre. Weird.

Yeah, EJ and Sami in June of 2006 (and July, etc) were the couple to watch for! They were hot, chemistry was just oozing and Sami was herself.

Datillo can not help but follow with this b/c the words are out there that pouters get the boot; I doubt he is really happy about it and it just goes to show that this show does not know where to find its happy ground. It throws its bones at each party and in the end NO FAN BASE gets pleased. What was the point of making both of the twins Lucas' if Sami and EJ were going to spend time together?

I also would never belive the bologna about "in the long run" or that "Lumi will always find their way together". This show has proven long and hard that there is no long run, changes are made at the drop of a dime and stories are changed instantly.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Ej and Sami are good though, just the ones pre- January 2007.

Bryan Datillo can count himself out, esp. if you go by past occurences. Lucas will more than likely be backburned. Hogan has yet to give any character outside of a triangle/couple, etc., character definition.

King
Member Avatar

They need to write Lucas off for a while.

:blah: :blah: :blah: is all Lucas does.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply