Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: James Reynold's A Fan of Fantasy Football
Topic Started: Sep 12 2007, 12:12 AM (354 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

'Days of Our Lives' Star James Reynolds Loves Fantasy Football

Much to the delight of fans, daytime TV actors tend to stay on shows a long time, but actor James Reynolds's 22 years of playing Commissioner Abe Carver on 'Days of Our Lives' is a record. The Emmy-winning Reynolds has logged more hours on television than any other African-American actor on any show, much less a soap. Of course, all that time on the away from home on the set means he's succumbed to the pleasures and conveniences that portable gadgets such as cell phones, iPods, and computers can offer (he's a particularly big fan of online fantasy sports leagues). Reynolds recently underwent heart valve replacement surgery, but he's better now, thank goodness, and was kind enough to answer our latest Switched Questionnaire.

What gadgets do you always bring with you to the set?

Although I have a TV in my room. I take an iPod and a book. I never go anywhere without a book.

What cell phone do you have right now and what do you love/hate about it?

I have a Palm phone that gets e-mail and does a lot of stuff. I don't like that their software is so much on the phone that I can't learn it all.

Who's the last person you sent a text message to and what was it about?

One more feature I don't use. I am the last living American that doesn't text.

Where do you go pretty much every time you get online?

I love my online fantasy sports teams. I play basketball, football, and baseball. I check out eBay and Amazon.

What annoys you most about your iPod, cell phone, or laptop (or any other gadget)?

I get annoyed anytime they don't work. Then I find out it's my fault.

Name one thing you wish your iPod/cellphone/laptop (any gadget) could do that it doesn't do now?

In 1879 it was suggested the patent department be abolished so nothing new could "possibly" be invented. I consider so much of what I take for granted as magic that I can't think of anything new.

You're stranded on a desert island: What gadget do you bring?

An iPod, charger, and a really long extension cord.

What's the most-played song or artist on your iPod?

Actually podcasts of NPR's 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' and 'A Prairie Home Companion.'

BlackBerry, Sidekick, or Treo?

I believe a BlackBerry works around the world so I would have to say a BlackBerry.

Did you get an iPhone?

No, and getting an iPhone is not in my immediate plans, but down the road for sure. I say it out loud because I have a birthday coming up soon.

What's the longest time you've ever spent playing a video game in one sitting and what game was it?

I have spent several hours playing 'Warlord.' It is very involving and hard to tear myself away from.

Mac or PC?

I have a Mac, which I love. It is colorful, fast, and just fun to work on.

Note: I think they got the Emmy winning actor part wrong. He may have won a primetime Emmy I don't know about but he has only been nominated for a Daytime Emmy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Not surprised to hear about the fantasy thing. He's also a huge fan of U of Kansas basketball and I believe his son coaches basketball as well. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Not a surprise.

Jim has always been a big sports nut. JT and him were on Soaptalk a few years ago and did some sort of football game. They mentioned how they hang out and watch college and the pros.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Me and him would love each other. I refuse to work on Saturdays in the fall because of college football. I live aand breathe orange(Uni of Tennessee) and each and every week we throw a party for UT and Titans games. I am going to the Titans/Colts game this weekend. I also do fantasy football, its my first year doing it though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply