Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW Days: Bryan Interview (Ejami/Lumi)
Topic Started: Sep 12 2007, 11:21 PM (525 Views)
adrianna
Unregistered

H: I get more mail from EJ/Sami supporters (EJami) now than Lucas/Sami (Lumi). How do you feel about that?

BD: Fine. Most of my conversations are through Lumi, as you might expect, so those are positive. But I get a lot of backlash from EJami, because Iíve kidded around in online chats with Lumi fans about EJami fans and how they eat their young. But thatís just me being me. I know there are rape victims out there who frown on the connection between Sami and EJ. I think that is kind of insulting to those people and I would like to apologize to them for that. On a more positive note, I think Ali [Sweeney] and James [Scottís] chemistry is amazing and EJami itself is a great thing for Lucas. Maybe he can play his own storyline now.

CH: You mean stop being the third leg of a love triangle?

BD: I think itís time for Lumi to close a chapter, if not the book. Public perception is starting to be that Lucas is a punk, a doormat, a pushover, and itís frustrating to me as an actor. You try to pick moments to be strong, but they need you to cater to Sami. Iím working on trying to stick up for Lucas a little more. Donít get me wrong, I am totally happy. But Lucasí arms are tired from carrying Sami. She is a full load!

CH: Youíd be okay if Sami and EJ became a supercouple?

BD: Yeah. I think Sami and EJ have the ability to be a supercouple like Luke and Laura. If the audience could get past the rape thing, they could be the next Bo and Hope, or John and Marlena. They have a choice to accept it and allow the main connection between them to be Santo and Colleen, and their history.

CH: With no Lucas?

BD: Iím aware that my role might shrink in size because of that. Iíve always been a team player. Iím willing to lay down a bunt; I donít always have to hit the home run. Thatís cool with me. They have great chemistry and that should be explored.

CH: Do you think Lucas has suffered as a character because of everything Sami has done to end the Brady/DiMera vendetta?

BD: Itís been hard lately, because everywhere I go, people are like, ďWhy is Lucas so dumb? Do you think we are stupid? Who would put up with that?Ē So in that aspect. I look forward to whatever new way they try to take it.

CH: What kind of story would you like?

BD: The single-father storyline is something untouched in daytime. Iím a single father myself and that would be a great angle to show with Lucas.

CH: A story with Will? Or with the twins?

BD: Whether they are both his babies, or one is his baby Ė Iíve heard a lot of rumors Ė that is something uncharted. There are a lot of single fathers out there who step up but the Deadbeat Dad kind of reigns supreme. Having a song whoís autistic with special needs, itís taken a lot for me to raise him. I would love to pour that same energy into this story.

CH: Is there a woman on the canvas that you think would be good for Lucas besides Sami?

BD: Off the top of my head, Chelsea. Sheís trouble but she has a very good upside. But I donít really see anybody for Lucas, because everyone is pretty well-established in their own storylines. It would be refreshing if someone from the past was brought in; someone connected to a major family who runs into Lucas, and sees qualities in him as a single father and a responsible man.

CH: And if not that?

BD: Whoever! Iíll take Hope. Iíll take Julie.

CH: How about Marlena?

BD: Iíve always had a thing for older women, so I wouldnít close the door on that!

CH: But in the endÖ

BD: Lucas will fight for Sami. He will not give in to the demands of the DiMeras. Lucas will not give up on his love.

Glad to see even Bryan gets power o Ejami and wants Lucas away from the next super couple in Salem.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview.

I love his team player line. It sounds like he feels his character being tied down by Sami and that the only way for him to get a bigger challenge is for LUMI to go their separate ways for a bit or for good. I can't say I blame him. Lucas has been nothing but Sami's sidekick/lover for years. Spoilers indicate that he will change his last name to Horton so, hopefully, those roots will be explored and he will be defined more as an individual. I have my doubts but I am optimistic. BD is talented and deserves something good to sink his teeth into.

Does anyone have any other SOD/SOW news on Days? It seems this is the only thing circulating. I am rather shocked Hinsey had someone from Days to be interviewed. She usually has alot of ABC people or someone from Y&R.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

adrianna
Sep 13 2007, 12:21 AM
H: I get more mail from EJ/Sami supporters (EJami) now than Lucas/Sami (Lumi). How do you feel about that?

BD: Fine. Most of my conversations are through Lumi, as you might expect, so those are positive. But I get a lot of backlash from EJami, because Iíve kidded around in online chats with Lumi fans about EJami fans and how they eat their young. But thatís just me being me. I know there are rape victims out there who frown on the connection between Sami and EJ. I think that is kind of insulting to those people and I would like to apologize to them for that. On a more positive note, I think Ali [Sweeney] and James [Scottís] chemistry is amazing and EJami itself is a great thing for Lucas. Maybe he can play his own storyline now.

CH: You mean stop being the third leg of a love triangle?

BD: I think itís time for Lumi to close a chapter, if not the book. Public perception is starting to be that Lucas is a punk, a doormat, a pushover, and itís frustrating to me as an actor. You try to pick moments to be strong, but they need you to cater to Sami. Iím working on trying to stick up for Lucas a little more. Donít get me wrong, I am totally happy. But Lucasí arms are tired from carrying Sami. She is a full load!

CH: Youíd be okay if Sami and EJ became a supercouple?

BD: Yeah. I think Sami and EJ have the ability to be a supercouple like Luke and Laura. If the audience could get past the rape thing, they could be the next Bo and Hope, or John and Marlena. They have a choice to accept it and allow the main connection between them to be Santo and Colleen, and their history.

CH: With no Lucas?

BD: Iím aware that my role might shrink in size because of that. Iíve always been a team player. Iím willing to lay down a bunt; I donít always have to hit the home run. Thatís cool with me. They have great chemistry and that should be explored.

CH: Do you think Lucas has suffered as a character because of everything Sami has done to end the Brady/DiMera vendetta?

BD: Itís been hard lately, because everywhere I go, people are like, ďWhy is Lucas so dumb? Do you think we are stupid? Who would put up with that?Ē So in that aspect. I look forward to whatever new way they try to take it.

CH: What kind of story would you like?

BD: The single-father storyline is something untouched in daytime. Iím a single father myself and that would be a great angle to show with Lucas.

CH: A story with Will? Or with the twins?

BD: Whether they are both his babies, or one is his baby Ė Iíve heard a lot of rumors Ė that is something uncharted. There are a lot of single fathers out there who step up but the Deadbeat Dad kind of reigns supreme. Having a song whoís autistic with special needs, itís taken a lot for me to raise him. I would love to pour that same energy into this story.

CH: Is there a woman on the canvas that you think would be good for Lucas besides Sami?

BD: Off the top of my head, Chelsea. Sheís trouble but she has a very good upside. But I donít really see anybody for Lucas, because everyone is pretty well-established in their own storylines. It would be refreshing if someone from the past was brought in; someone connected to a major family who runs into Lucas, and sees qualities in him as a single father and a responsible man.

CH: And if not that?

BD: Whoever! Iíll take Hope. Iíll take Julie.

CH: How about Marlena?

BD: Iíve always had a thing for older women, so I wouldnít close the door on that!

CH: But in the endÖ

BD: Lucas will fight for Sami. He will not give in to the demands of the DiMeras. Lucas will not give up on his love.

Glad to see even Bryan gets power o Ejami and wants Lucas away from the next super couple in Salem.

Even Bryan sees the chemistry betwee Alison and James. He knows that EJ and Sami are hot and they are destined. :)

And I'm glad he thinks that LUMI has run it's course. I would be thinking the same thing if I were him. I mean, the story can only go for so long before it runs it's course, and it definitely has. Lucas and Sami are so played out because of the horrible writing that they've been given. Lucas has been dumbed down hugely. He used to be this pretty sly guy, who would play dirty to get what he wanted, and he's been turned into a punk. So happy he's on my side with that opinion.

I like his idea for a future Lucas storyline. I wouldn't mind them playing the single father role in Will's life. And with Bryan being a single father himself, that will add to the story because he knows how that feels personally.

As for Bryan's choices of ladies other than Sami; Chelsea? Julie? You freaking idiot, Bryan! They're related to you!!! This show doesn't need more incest. Cheslea is Lucas' niece and Julie is Lucas' cousin. I know that the Julie comment was a joke, but I think he was serious about Chelsea. Not a good idea.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

:clap: Thank you for posting this!!!!! I am over joyed!!!!! :cheer: I agree with Bryan, Ejami is the next supercouple :cheer:

:( When he talked about his son I was really moved. I hope they give Bry a good Sl and a pretty actress to kiss on screen. :makeout:

squee
Member Avatar

Quote:

Even Bryan sees the chemistry betwee Alison and James. He knows that EJ and Sami are hot and they are destined.

----

As for Bryan's choices of ladies other than Sami; Chelsea? Julie? You freaking idiot, Bryan! They're related to you!!! This show doesn't need more incest.

if you're okay with rape, (not to mention murder, attempted murder and a host of other crimes) I wouldn't think a little incest would be a problem ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm very happy to come back, after a day, to learn that Bryan is giving in and even he realizes the HUGE potential of EJami. Glad his campaigning days seem to be over.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

squee
Sep 13 2007, 01:24 AM
Quote:

Even Bryan sees the chemistry betwee Alison and James. He knows that EJ and Sami are hot and they are destined.

----

As for Bryan's choices of ladies other than Sami; Chelsea? Julie? You freaking idiot, Bryan! They're related to you!!! This show doesn't need more incest.

if you're okay with rape, (not to mention murder, attempted murder and a host of other crimes) I wouldn't think a little incest would be a problem ;)

Well, in my mind, no matter what the fans or the show says, it was not rape. Sami had a decision. She could have slept with EJ or let Lucas die. I'm not going to start the debate over again. By now, everyone is on their side and that's fine. I don't think it's rape.

Sephora
Unregistered

DrewHamilton
Sep 13 2007, 12:41 AM
As for Bryan's choices of ladies other than Sami; Chelsea? Julie? You freaking idiot, Bryan! They're related to you!!! This show doesn't need more incest. Cheslea is Lucas' niece and Julie is Lucas' cousin. I know that the Julie comment was a joke, but I think he was serious about Chelsea. Not a good idea.

Bryan jokes a lot. I'm sure since Julie was mentioned right along side Chelsea, he was joking. Maybe he and Stephanie can hook up. They aren't related.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Lucas and Sami have been tried again and again unsuccessfully. I say, bring on EJ and Sami!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply