Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Phillip singing to Chloe
Topic Started: Sep 13 2007, 01:30 AM (399 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't remember this!

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ed-SMI2NkA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ed-SMI2NkA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 13 2007, 02:30 AM
I don't remember this!

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ed-SMI2NkA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ed-SMI2NkA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

I remember this bullshit. He sounded like a frog.

He can't act OR sing. I wish he'd leave or get fired already.

Mason
Member Avatar

My sentiments exactly, Kenny!

Philip is so not needed, and JKJ is completely overrated in every sense of the word.

Manny
Member Avatar

I loved Philip and Chloe. My first couple that I got hooked on! Too bad they had to go and destroy them completely...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Manny
Sep 15 2007, 10:07 AM
I loved Philip and Chloe. My first couple that I got hooked on! Too bad they had to go and destroy them completely...

Sorry, but Chloe and Brady were way hotter together! Phillip was not mature enough for Chloe.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 15 2007, 04:23 PM
Manny

Sorry, but Chloe and Brady were way hotter together! Phillip was not mature enough for Chloe.

Please... they destroyed Philip to make Brady look good. Brady was the most boring character EVER on Days...

Sure, Philip had issues... but that's what made Phloe better... Chloe had her issues, Philip had his... and they accepted each other with those issues... until Mr. Boring came and they started making Philip look bad.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Manny
Sep 15 2007, 10:27 AM
Jinxed Soul
Manny

Please... they destroyed Philip to make Brady look good. Brady was the most boring character EVER on Days...

Sure, Philip had issues... but that's what made Phloe better... Chloe had her issues, Philip had his... and they accepted each other with those issues... until Mr. Boring came and they started making Philip look bad.

What are you talking about? Phillip was a total ass to Chloe right from the beginning. He made her life a living hell up until the Last Blast dance, where he saw she was beautiful and THEN gave her a chance. That relationship was solely based on Phillip loving the way Chloe looked, nothing more.

Brady was there for Chloe the entire time. Even when she got burned and her face was a disaster. He never left her side. That was true love.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 15 2007, 04:37 PM
Manny
Sep 15 2007, 10:27 AM
Jinxed Soul
Manny

What are you talking about? Phillip was a total ass to Chloe right from the beginning. He made her life a living hell up until the Last Blast dance, where he saw she was beautiful and THEN gave her a chance. That relationship was solely based on Phillip loving the way Chloe looked, nothing more.

Brady was there for Chloe the entire time. Even when she got burned and her face was a disaster. He never left her side. That was true love.

Well if you look at it that way, Brady didn't hang out with Chloe before the transformation either...

And yes, Philip fell for Chloe after her Last Blast transformation, but he really did fall in love with ALL OF HER. She made the bad boy in his go away. She changed him.

You will never convince me that Brady and Chloe were better together... :lol: I always LOVED stories where a bad boy converts because of a girl... :D

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Well, if that's how you're going to think about it, shouldn't the conversion be permanent in order for it to be the real deal?

Surely Chloe and Phillip didn't stay together (because she smartened up), but that good side in him didn't stick around. Any effects she had on him didn't remain.

And how good did he really become? Towards her, yes. Aside from that, he was still the same Phillip, IMO!

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Sep 15 2007, 04:47 PM
Well, if that's how you're going to think about it, shouldn't the conversion be permanent in order for it to be the real deal?

Surely Chloe and Phillip didn't stay together (because she smartened up), but that good side in him didn't stick around. Any effects she had on him didn't remain.

And how good did he really become? Towards her, yes. Aside from that, he was still the same Phillip, IMO!

Was he? I don't remember, but I think he did change while he was with her to others as well.

And writing on Philip's character was so wrong. He was going to be a bad boy. Then he became nicer with Chloe. Then she dumped him and he started freaking out again.

Then they cast Kyle Brandt and he is nice again. He was boring until the end of Kyle's run, when he became bad Philip again.

So the conversion was there when it suited the writers, IMO. :)

But I do think Philip changed for Chloe's love and when she turned to Brady because he could sing or whatever, he was hurt that the first person he opened up to left him.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The way I see it, loves endures obstacles. Sure she went to Brady, but she may have at some point turned around and come back to Phillip. But, that would've only happened, had he been the same man he was when she was with him. Otherwise, there is nothing there to lure her back to him. Its as if Phillip just stopped fighting for her and went back to his old ways.

Without a doubt, he was hurt, but you'd imagine after some point he would cool down, and become the man she converted him to be. That just isn't him!

Even now, he puts on this nice guy act for Belle. He has an agenda! Phillip is worthy of one girl, and one girl only... I wish I could remember her name, but I can't. It was the girl he was dating in highschool prior to Chloe.

Harsh? Maybe. But, I hate Phillip with a passion.

Manny
Member Avatar

Well, yeah, I hate him too.. :lol: NOW! The only time I did like him was when he was with Chloe.

And I did like the end of Kyle Brandt's run! But just because I wanted Shelle to suffer! :lol: Now I don't care anymore for Philip or Shelle.. :lol:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Thankfully, I didn't see Philip and Chloe, but I do know that she has a soft spot for him as was evidenced by how she was tender and happy to see him at her wedding. She had no hard feelings which was apparent and even felt tenderness or a love for him. I hated Chloe and Brady with a purple passion. She was so boring and he was horrid. Thankfully they are gone and forever I hope.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 14 2007, 05:27 PM
My sentiments exactly, Kenny!

Philip is so not needed, and JKJ is completely overrated in every sense of the word.

I completely disagree. Jay is a great actor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply