Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R:SID Spoilers & News
Topic Started: Sep 15 2007, 05:04 AM (307 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Smilin' Jack Has Plenty To Smile About

Peter Bergman, who has played Y&R's Jack Abbott for nearly two decades, has re-upped with the soap! "They were very respectful with me and I with them," he shares. "It was the swiftest contract negotiation that I've ever had." Bergman's new deal will keep Jack around through the 3-time Emmy-winner's 20th anniversary with Y&R - and then some. Jack may be sticking around, but as to whether he'll eventually make his way back to true love Phyllis or remain with current wife Sharon (who still cares for her ex, Nick) is anybody's guess. Many viewers would like to see those characters switch back to their original partners, but Bergman feels there's some merit in the saying that "life is what happens while you're making other plans" and that Sharon could end up winning Jack's heart. "I think Sharon is going to be a supportive wife and friend to Jack no matter what he does," muses Bergman, rhetorically asking, "What if Jack and Sharon, two people who have been deeply damaged by people that they thought would always be there for them, found each other in a time of some need and now are deeply committed?"

Has Devon Found A New Love

Tatyana Ali, who grew up before America's eyes as the youngest daughter on the Will Smith sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, is appearing on Y&R as Devon's new love interest Roxanne. The soap newcomer debuts on September 17 as Devon's date for Lily's divorce party. Fans have been wondering lately whether Devon would finally confess his less-than-brotherly feelings for adoptive sis Lily, especially now that she's divorced from Daniel, and Bryton (Devon) muses that dating Roxanne just may be Devon's way of trying to ignite Lily's jealously. "He actually may try to do some things to show [Lily] that he's not interested in her," he smiles. "But I don't know how this is going to play out." Y&R is keeping mum as to whether Ali will continue the role of Roxanne beyond the 2-episode arc.

Jack's Sis Is Back

Beth Maitland will reprise her role of Traci Abbott Connolly for 2 episodes on Tuesday, Sept. 25, and Wednesday, Sept. 26. According to setside sources, Traci will be returning to Genoa City to support brother Jack in his time of crisis, as his political career teeters on the verge of destruction. Hopefully, she'll get to meet her "new" daughter, Colleen as well!

Will Olivia Return?

Tonya Lee Williams is busy promoting her new film and has numerous commitments through October but says with the presumed demise of Olivia's sister Dru she too sees the need for her character's increased presence. "You kind of want to know that there is always one of the [Barber] sisters there," she suggests.

Can Victor Save Phyllis?

Victor may be the only person who can help Phyllis get out of jail. But is she willing to pay the price?

Meanwhile, Colleen throws a party to celebrate Lily's divorce.

Neil turns up the heat with Karen.

Gloria schemes to help bring about Jack's downfall.

And Michael strikes a deal on behalf of his brother, Amber and Daniel!

Sneak Preview

Neil is haunted by memories of his past with Dru.

Gloria wants a piece of the action where Jack's downfall is concerned!

Will Cane Find Love With... Lily?

Both Cane and Lily have been wounded by the loves of their lives, but will they be able to forget the hurt that Amber and Daniel caused them by finding comfort in each other's arms? "I think Lily is the anti-Amber," previews Daniel Goddard. Goddard doesn't believe Cane's hook-up with Lily will be a rebound fling, but rather that it could actually end up being true love. Still, the Amber fiasco has brought out Cane's more ruthless side. Christel Khalil says that as sparks begin to fly between the couple, fans may see a new side to Cane. "You see that he's tough in certain situations, like with Amber, but you also see how sweet he is with Lily," shares the actress. "He's very protective of her." Of course, Neil might not be too thrilled about his daughter finding love so soon after her divorce - and with an older man!

Scandal Rocks Genoa City!

This week on Y&R the world of politics gets a little bit nastier as Jack grapples with the revelation of his previous underhanded - and illegal - ownership of Jabot. "Jack is a win-at-all-cost fellow, and his instincts tell him that he's got to lie," says Peter Bergman. With the press hounding him for the truth, Sharon urges her hubby to come clean. Even though she stands by her man, she does confess to Jack that she doesn't quite know how she can live with such a lie, which causes a ripple in their marriage. It isn't until Jack has a heart-to-heart with Phyllis - who reluctantly agrees with Sharon that telling the truth may be Jack's only chance - that he begins to seriously consider the matter. Adding to the emotional drama of the moment is Jack's stepson, Noah. "If Jack is going to make it work, he needs to lie to everyone, including that kid," PB says. "It's hard for him to look this kid straight in the eye and lie to him. It pushes him to the edge." Still old habits die hard. Even though he has a lot of people urging him to confess his sins to the public and move on, Jack may have to battle his own demons to win this particular war. Will the truth set Jack free... or turn his life and marriage upside down?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Cane and Lily.....oy....she is 19, and even w/soap de-aging, he has to be in his mid-30s. You'd think she would have learned her lesson with older men, after dating Kevin...but, I guess she is following Colleen's example. lol.

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

I know, the Lily/Cane 'romance' is retarded.

I still cannot stand FauxColleen. UGH

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply