Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Weekly Discussion Thread; Week Of Sept. 17th
Topic Started: Sep 16 2007, 12:52 AM (380 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Discuss the goings on in Genoa City this week on Y&R...... :drink:

Don't forget to vote for your favorite actress, actor, and show in the DR's Top 20
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Show was just okay today. The week did not start off as good as last weeks did.

oakdalelover

A couple of observations about today's show.

Where did this big fight come about between Paul and J.T? They have always gotten along so well together and now they are screaming at each other and Paul is firing J.T. Has there been a foundation set where they have had little tiffs in the past? I don't think so!

The two actresses that play Lily and Colleen are really bad and that was evident today.

The best part was Cane and Jill for me.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

James, I was just reading Vee's soap Genoa City and it made me think of the fight between JT & Paul. I forgot to comment on that. I am still wondering where that fight came from. At least the writers had Paul say he didn't know where it was coming from but he also said that it had been building for awhile. Anxious to see where they go with it.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

oakdalelover
Sep 17 2007, 09:58 PM
A couple of observations about today's show.

Where did this big fight come about between Paul and J.T? They have always gotten along so well together and now they are screaming at each other and Paul is firing J.T. Has there been a foundation set where they have had little tiffs in the past? I don't think so!

The two actresses that play Lily and Colleen are really bad and that was evident today.

The best part was Cane and Jill for me.

This is a spoiler I posted in the spoiler section, and since it happened today I'll post it here....
Quote:

JT and Paul put on an act at Indigo in which Paul fires JT (they do this because of JT investigating the thefts at Clear Springs)

The kiss between Cane and Lilly looked so awkward and staged to me, and I agree about your comments about Lilly and NotColleen......

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Awww....Lil Cousin Richie takes Ashley Banks on a date...holy Family Matters/Fresh Prince cross over!, lol

oakdalelover

Rhi! I knew it HAD to be something like that,at least I had hoped so!

I am going to have to start checking your spoilers first before I get on my soapbox! :D

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Well damn I read the spoilers and I missed that one. I usually catch all things Paul but totally missed that one.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

OH wow Jess Walton is really tearing it up today. This story is doing wonders for her and Jeanne Cooper. Loving their scenes together so much today.

oakdalelover

Quote:

OH wow Jess Walton is really tearing it up today. This story is doing wonders for her and Jeanne Cooper. Loving their scenes together so much today.

ITA!
I know who I am going to vote for best actress (Y&R) in the DR-Top 20!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Me too.

Watching Y&R more recently I am reminded of the fact that despite all of Latham's faults with Y&R she proves daily that she knows who works on Y&R. And that is the biggest reason Y&R has not free fallen like so many other shows.

Latham has the sense to know where the talent lies and what characters fans care about. And she has the sense to know that just because a woman reaches 50 or even in Cooper's case almost 80 she doesn't lose interest and doesn't immediately become undesirable.

She keeps Cooper with stuff to do as well as Chapman, Walton, Scott who are all over 50 and still vital women and characters. As well she keeps Jack and Victor in the action.

She gives the younger sets lots of stuff to do but she never forgets to focus on her older set too. No wonder Y&R does well in all the demo groups which helps to keep them at the top of HH's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply