Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT:General Discussion Thread; Sept 17-21
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 11:42 AM (1,172 Views)
oakdalelover

This week promises major movement in the stories:

Col. Mayer's secret comes out. Will Dusty's life be in danger?

Rosanna begins to remember more about Craig.

Carly's condition is diagnosed as Jack and Katie move toward the altar.

That and much,much more this week on As the World Turns!

Discuss :) !
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Thanks for making this James. I thought I would give someone else the chance.

I am so looking forward to ATWT this week. The show has finally perked my interest with the Col. Mayer stuff. It started to peak it with Rosanna's return.

I love traditional soap opera but I just wish JP would quit relying on all the basics in her stories - put a little twist somewhere.

We have the brain tumor, the gay boy who tries to be straight, the overbearing father, the hooker with a secret, and so on. All are old classic soap cliches. If it weren't for the great acting the show would not be as good as it even is right now IMO because the writing sure is lacking.

Winterguy125

I can't wait for this week it should be a good one, if it is anything like last week's Friday show it will be outstanding.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Absolutely great show today. Only weak point was Cole & Sofie who I do not care about at all.

Loved Gwen so much today for the first time in a long time. The break from them lately has really helped me to care about her again. I loved her telling Iris off. Great acting and Landon has the lead for me in my votes for the Top 20 this week.

Great ending with Rosanna. Loved the earlier scenes between Paul, Rosanna and Paul too.

Nice to have a break from Jack, Katie, and Carly today. Love Carly but even she needs a break every now and then.

2 great shows in a row. Way to go ATWT.

oakdalelover

I have to agree that today was a good show.

Jennifer Landon reminded me why she won those two Emmys. Ihaven't been this impressed with her since before the Cleo story.
Terri Garber makes one impressive witch. I wish they would widen her story to include others.
I know somehow Gwen is going to get Cole and Sophie's baby. I just don't care about them!

I love it that Rosanna is now remembering things and I can't wait to see how the fallout goes down. Loved those recreated scenes with Scott Bryce!
Great scenes between Craig and Margo today.

So Emma hurt her leg and Meg has gone to Iva's to be with her. I am glad they are addressing Emma's absense from her Luther's Corners Bed and Breakfasr,errrr Farm. I wonder if Holden will acknowledge it while he is berating Lily this week?

Winterguy125

Most boring show in a long time. Sorry but Sofie, Cole, Alison, Gwen, Iris, and Aaron do nothing for me, and the whole show was pretty much them. Craig and Margo were ok other than all there scenes were shaky camera movement again. Paul and Rosanna was ok I guess, but Ro seems alot more boring than she used to be.

I will agree to a point though about it being nice to see that Gwen again, I did like that, but I just really hate this storyline. I also think the show was well written, which I know makes no sense at all, it was just boring the way it turned out, lol.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

LOVED today's show!!!!

Oh, Gwen! You're amazing...as is your portrayer, Jen Landon. :lol: I wanted to smack Iris into next week. What a witch. Gwen was saying everything that I was thinking about how Iris whined about losting two grandchildren when she's PAYING For one of them to be aborted. :angry:

I'm starting to actually care about Sofie. She's growing on me. I agree with whoever said that they think Gwen will be getting Sofie and Cole's baby. But then comes the burning question...what will happen to Alison's? Will she keep it and raise it with Aaron? I'm looking forward as to how this is playing out.

Previews for tomorrow look good. Nice blend of today's stuff along with the return of Carly.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

Winterguy125
Sep 17 2007, 03:24 PM
Most boring show in a long time. Sorry but Sofie, Cole, Alison, Gwen, Iris, and Aaron do nothing for me, and the whole show was pretty much them. Craig and Margo were ok other than all there scenes were shaky camera movement again. Paul and Rosanna was ok I guess, but Ro seems alot more boring than she used to be.

I will agree to a point though about it being nice to see that Gwen again, I did like that, but I just really hate this storyline. I also think the show was well written, which I know makes no sense at all, it was just boring the way it turned out, lol.

BORING!!!! I hated today's show. The only good part was Craig and Margo but the camera angles were so bad. Ro and Craig were good too bad Paul was there. The rest of the show was ff material. I dont give a fuck about Cole and Sofie....same goes for Gwen and Co. I am sick of seeing Gweenie!! :puke:
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I think it was a nice blend too Tyler.

I am not aiming this toward anyone in this thread but it sadly is a new trend I am seeing on all boards and ATWT.

I never wanted ATWT to turn into a "fanbase" soap and saw it coming but just felt that ATWT fans wouldn't let it happen.

I find it funny that when the Willen fans were doing it alone people fussed and ridiculed them. For them it was only a good day if Willen was on.

Now I read the Carjackers and the Nuke fans doing the very same thing.

I fear for the future of ATWT if this is the case. This type of stuff have torn the other shows apart and has done nothing for the ratings. Now it is invading ATWT too. It can't be good.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Sep 17 2007, 08:34 PM
I think it was a nice blend too Tyler.

I am not aiming this toward anyone in this thread but it sadly is a new trend I am seeing on all boards and ATWT.

I never wanted ATWT to turn into a "fanbase" soap and saw it coming but just felt that ATWT fans wouldn't let it happen.

I find it funny that when the Willen fans were doing it alone people fussed and ridiculed them. For them it was only a good day if Willen was on.

Now I read the Carjackers and the Nuke fans doing the very same thing.

I fear for the future of ATWT if this is the case. This type of stuff have torn the other shows apart and has done nothing for the ratings. Now it is invading ATWT too. It can't be good.

Eh..I wouldnt mind Willen...but the show is so unbalanced right now. There is way too much of them that it is sickening!
Quote Post Goto Top

Winterguy125

I don't know if you were directing at me or not, but I will respond anyway, I do enjoy shows that don't have Nuke on them or Carjack. But there has to be more than just non-core characters taking up most of the hour to enjoy it. I just don't see Cole, Sofie, Iris, Alison, Aaron as core characters, and yes Gwen may be core but seeing as the other people are all her storyline it tends to make me not care about her either, the storyline is just plain boring as hell. The best thing they could have done was to have Gwen not loose the baby, and not brought Alison, Sofie, Cole, Iris into this. I want to see Hughes family members and Snyder, and Walsh family members on the show, I just don't care about characters that were just dropped on the show like Sofie and Cole for no reason at all, atleast that has been explained anyway. I still don't know why Alison or Aaron are back, if they get back together that would be great, then there is a reason for them, but right now I just don't see that reason. And now I will get accused of fanbasing but anyway, atleast Noah has a purpose if you know what I mean atleast we know why he is in town, all these other newbies we have no clue so far.

As for the Paul/Rosanna/Craig stuff like I said I did enjoy that today, it just was not enough to make me enjoy a show that was filled with 75% newbie time.

Hell alot of people thought last Thursday's show was boring and bad, but I enjoyed it, and Nuke was not part of that show, I just enjoyed it because the show seemed so much more full that day, as in more than just 7 characters on for the whole show.

Maybe I was just expecting there to be follow through with atleast one storyline that was on a cliffhanger Friday, but there was not, that also bugged me.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

If you will look back I said I was not aiming this at anyone in this thread or anyone in particular. It is a general observation that I have noticed. Not just here but on all the boards I visit.

There was a time when it was only the Willen fans who said these things and now I am seeing it on all boards where fans are asking what days Nuke are on because they don't want to watch if they are not on. The Willen fans do the same. And now even some Carjacker fans are doing the same.

My post was not about in particular whether the show is unbalanced or not right now. It has been for so long now that it is not even funny. Right now I think the only people who are on way too much are Katie, Jack and Carly. I love Jack & Carly but they are on way too much and Katie being involved makes it painfully more obvious to me.

I don't care about Sofie and Cole yet but I didn't feel they were overdone today. And Iris I don't count as a newbie anymore because she has been around for awhile. She needs to be integrated into the show more if they are going to keep her around though.

I felt with who was on today I felt it helped to balance out Cole & Sofie. But that is just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. For the first time in a long time they didn't seem to take the episode over for me. The things that stuck out to me was the Gwen/Iris confrontation and the Paul/Craig/Rosanna story.

And as far as comparing stories the whole Nuke story is full of newbies. And that is what hurts the story too. It is hurting the same way that the Gwen/Cole/ story is hurting. Lily and Holden are not involved enough in it to count.

The story is filled with Noah, his dad, Maddie who hasn't been around that long. The only 2 involved in it who have been around are Henry and Luke and now they are bringing Dusty into it with the revelation of Winston's secret.

So both stories have to criticized with that in mind. They are both filled and revolved around newbies which is never a good thing and will get criticism from me.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Sep 17 2007, 09:48 PM
If you will look back I said I was not aiming this at anyone in this thread or anyone in particular. It is a general observation that I have noticed. Not just here but on all the boards I visit.

There was a time when it was only the Willen fans who said these things and now I am seeing it on all boards where fans are asking what days Nuke are on because they don't want to watch if they are not on. The Willen fans do the same. And now even some Carjacker fans are doing the same.

My post was not about in particular whether the show is unbalanced or not right now. It has been for so long now that it is not even funny. Right now I think the only people who are on way too much are Katie, Jack and Carly. I love Jack & Carly but they are on way too much and Katie being involved makes it painfully more obvious to me.

I don't care about Sofie and Cole yet but I didn't feel they were overdone today. And Iris I don't count as a newbie anymore because she has been around for awhile. She needs to be integrated into the show more if they are going to keep her around though.

I felt with who was on today I felt it helped to balance out Cole & Sofie. But that is just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. For the first time in a long time they didn't seem to take the episode over for me. The things that stuck out to me was the Gwen/Iris confrontation and the Paul/Craig/Rosanna story.

And as far as comparing stories the whole Nuke story is full of newbies. And that is what hurts the story too. It is hurting the same way that the Gwen/Cole/ story is hurting. Lily and Holden are not involved enough in it to count.

The story is filled with Noah, his dad, Maddie who hasn't been around that long. The only 2 involved in it who have been around are Henry and Luke and now they are bringing Dusty into it with the revelation of Winston's secret.

So both stories have to criticized with that in mind. They are both filled and revolved around newbies which is never a good thing and will get criticism from me.

You seem grouchy tonight Steve. :lol: Must be your lack of sleep last night. :P :lol:
:funny:
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Not grouchy. Just answering the last post. I was just reading other boards tonight and saw the same thing.

I have not enjoyed ATWT in months and months now. For me to enjoy 3 shows in a row is a miracle in my book. Hell I enjoyed most all of last week.

I have just seen this same stuff ruin other soaps. Pretty soon the writers won't write for the show - they will write for the fanbases. If you think the show is unbalanced now - wait until you see it then.

oakdalelover

I am an ATWT fan and have been a long time. I am not an apologist:I don't think it is great all the time and I don't defend it obnoxiously like some GL fans do their show on"that other board." BUT,I try to hang in there through good times ,through thick and thin because things always turn around on this show if you are patient.

I must agree though that fanbases are creeping in to this show. When NUKE is on it is praised to high heaven. When they are not people complain and ask which days they will be on.

I have always tried to hang in there. Even if COM (Carol and Tom), SOB (Bob and Sandy),DIZ (Dan and Liz),KAN(Kim and Dan),GISA (Grant and Lisa),STETSY (Steve and Betsy) weren't featured prominently! :P

Winterguy125

Really good show today, alot more balanced than Monday's show, and to my surprise I now in a way like Cole, amazing what a character telling off Gwen will do for me. I totally loved seeing Nancy on today's show it had been so long, so that was nice. I really, really liked Aaron and Alison today, great scenes and some good romance. Carly scenes were also very good. I liked all the nods to history on today's show as well. Previews also look really good.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

4 in a row.

I agree about Cole telling off Gwen - very nice. When they explore the relationship with Gwen it is better. But him with Sofie does nothing for me.

My only gripe about today's show was even though I love seeing Nancy why is it always with Katie. One of my biggest gripes with JP.

Loved Rosanna & Craig. Bryce & McClain are so hot together in those type of scenes.

oakdalelover

SteveFrame
Sep 18 2007, 02:01 PM
My only gripe about today's show was even though I love seeing Nancy why is it always with Katie. One of my biggest gripes with JP.

Loved Rosanna & Craig. Bryce & McClain are so hot together in those type of scenes.

I too hate it that they only use Nancy as a prop for Katie! She looks good for someone who is 89 years old.

The Rosanna scenes were a highlight for me. I love how Rosanna doesn't back up from Craig and is not intimidated by him.

Carly! :shame: :angry: I hate it she has to be in those scenes with the himbo and the bimbo! I feelfor her1

Now excuse me! I have to go wipe the image of a naked Nancy ,wearing pearls and clinbing in to bed with Chris! :lol:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The pearls thing was cute too, but I got mad about that too. Why in the world would Nancy give such an important heirloom to Katie. I know they are friends but Nancy had a daughter who has married, and granddaughters who have married and sons and grandsons who have married. But yet JP wants us to believe that Nancy would give the first pair of pearls that Chris ever bought her to Katie.

Now pull the other leg Jean

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I don't see how ATWT is unbalanced at ALL. I mean, sure there are obvious stars-- Carly, Jack, Gwen, Will, Emily (before/after maternity leave), etc. Say what you will about Passante, but I do believe that she gives everyone a turn and a time to shine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply