Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT:General Discussion Thread; Sept 17-21
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 11:42 AM (1,152 Views)
Soapsuds
Unregistered

Here is an interview with Chris Goutman, Van Hansis and Jake Silverman. It was on last night. Enjoy!

http://vanhansis.net/wgnradio.mp3

Quote Post Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

psychofan
Sep 18 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't see how ATWT is unbalanced at ALL. I mean, sure there are obvious stars-- Carly, Jack, Gwen, Will, Emily (before/after maternity leave), etc. Say what you will about Passante, but I do believe that she gives everyone a turn and a time to shine.

Really???

When's the last time we've seen...
Henry/Vienna
Bob/Kim
Susan
Lisa
Nancy
Emma
Lucinda
Tom/Margo

.........................???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Dusty
Sep 18 2007, 05:46 PM
psychofan
Sep 18 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't see how ATWT is unbalanced at ALL.  I mean, sure there are obvious stars-- Carly, Jack, Gwen, Will, Emily (before/after maternity leave), etc.  Say what you will about Passante, but I do believe that she gives everyone a turn and a time to shine.

Really???

When's the last time we've seen...
Henry/Vienna
Bob/Kim
Susan
Lisa
Nancy
Emma
Lucinda
Tom/Margo

.........................???

Henry/Vienna- last week. They're not even frontburner material. Vienna should have been a dayplayer at best and Henry has never truely been the main focus.

Bob/Kim- I think we saw Kim last week...not sure about Bob, though. It's been a few weeks since I've seen him I believe. But even so, look at what all the soaps do these days. It's not unnormal for characters of their age to not be featured regularly.

Susan- I'm not sure what you think the problem would be with her. She's used quite a bit.

Lisa- See Bob/Kim answer

Nancy- Today...

Emma- I'll give you her. She's definately used sparingly.

Lucinda- While she's not used everyday like many, when Passante writes for her she gives her good material and she DOES give her story with Craig and Meg. It's not like she completely neglects her.

Tom/Margo- Margo, yesterday. Tom, today. Both of them are featured usually at least once a week.

I can understand people wanting to see their favorites, but just because Passante can't put everyone on 21 days a month like some want, it doesn't mean she's a horrible writer! I swear some people will never be happy.

Winterguy125

When was the last time anyone you did not mention has had to shine? It's always the same characters non stop. If it is not Gwen's world turns is Meg's world turns, if not her than Carly/Katie. That is not the ATWT of old. The only person I listed there that is even a core character is Carly, and to some degree Katie. Meg and Gwen are not core characters at all, Meg was gone for years, and Gwen is totally new to Oakdale, she should have NEVER had has much time spent on her as she has, you just don't do that with non-core characters. It's pretty bad that when I think of the first half of the year the only thing I see is Gwen, Rape storyline, Cleo storyline, Baby storyline, never a break in between any of that. There were even two whole shows during that time that went all to Gwen, that is not balance.

oakdalelover

I am watching Wednesday's show live.
What is up with the camera direction and the lighting today? It is very distracting. The makeup looks different too but that might have been the lighting.

The Colonel is really something else! Daniel Hugh Kelly is such a good actor. It is a pity they are making him in to such a hard nose villian. He could come around and they could redeem him and keep him for Barbara or Iris.

Loving the scenes with Rosanna and Craig!I am loving the fact he can't intimidate her!

Now Jack and Carly.....I am getting tired of this same scene that is basically playing over and over between him. Won't he feel like the JACK- ass when he learns the truth about Carly!

Loved the Maddie and Luke scenes too and also Lily and Noah.

The fall that Dusty took after the drink was unintentionaly funny to me.

Go back to Sweden ,Vienna!

Loved the last act with the exception of Kack of course.

Eileen Fulton said "On the next As the World Turns " before they showed the previews. Glad you still want to use her Jean! ;)

Winterguy125

Outstanding show today, I loved every moment of the show today, Finally it looks like The murder mystery is being brought into the Luke and Noah storyline very nice umbrella storyline telling there. Totally loved every moment Carly scenes, Jack is a fucking asshole :puke: :puke: . I also loved the Rosanna and Craig scenes I can see them already having good chemistry.

sungrey

Great episode Wednesday, but the camera work is DISTRACTING. Makes it look a high school drama club is operating the stuff behind the scenes.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

Winterguy125
Sep 19 2007, 02:18 PM
Outstanding show today, I loved every moment of the show today, Finally it looks like The murder mystery is being brought into the Luke and Noah storyline very nice umbrella storyline telling there. Totally loved every moment Carly scenes, Jack is a fucking asshole :puke: :puke: . I also loved the Rosanna and Craig scenes I can see them already having good chemistry.

:lol: I agree about Jack being an asshole.... :lol: I loved the show!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought today's show was good - 5 in a row now. WOW!!!!

The only thing I get mad about again is JP or someone still knows nothing about how to build a show. And I am not talking about in regards to balance but in suspense. A few weeks ago I fussed when the bomb went off at the half point of the show when it should have been a cliffhanger moment to lure people back the next day.

Today she has Carly go under the water with about 10 minutes of the show left. Sure it was a commercial cliffhanger but that should have been the day cliffhanger. That was a very dramatic moment and should have ended the show.

Someone at ATWT needs to get a clue and quit fucking with my show.

P.J.

I'm okay with Carly's going under not being a cliffhanger, I've got a feeling we'll be getting a lot of cliffhangers with Carly in the future. I thought it was an important moment for her, being able to tell someone she's dying.

Pissy better pull the writing of her life out of her ass to redeem Jack, after day 473 of flying off the handle at Carly. I mean, c'mon...sometimes it feels like they could just have them argue about whether the sky is blue or not.

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

I don't know about anyone else but those camera angles/shots are making me really dizzy.

I thought they were interesting at first but now its just upsetting. What's worst is that some scenes are shot like that while the rest aren't. Today's episode has become like a guessing game. It's like the camera man keeps falling asleep. Or worst, the camera man slit his wrist's because he can't bear to film the horribly written show...so Jean Pissy's asked the young actors who play the Snyder kids to hold the camera and hit record. Bitch probably yells at them "hold it straight! hold it straight" with her wipe.

ahhh okay that's my rant.

P.J.

^^^IA....it's bad enough we got an entire day of the shaky camers syndrome, but it's even more jarring when you get a blend of it during the episode. It ruins the mood for me. I've got Jack telling Carly she's dis-invited to the wedding in hyper-reality mode, with bad audio and garish lighting, then it switches to the luxury of the new Fairwinds, and then back to hyper-garish Al's diner. ICK...me no likey. :flipoff:

Winterguy125

Outstanding show today, question is JP on vacation, I mean really I felt like I was watching a soap today for a change, great umbrella storyline telling, using history in the storyline telling. Drama, small Romance, Family. Loved today's show.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can't add anymore to that Clint. It was wonderful. Still had some of those choppy camera shots but not too bad.

6 in a row. Haven't enjoyed that many in sooooooooooo long.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I liked today's show a lot. I hope we don't have to wait forever to find out what happens to Dusty in that trunk.

Liking Brad and Carly more and more.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Today was the first time that I really felt the Noah & Luke story had a purpose other than it being a gay love story. I am so glad it is being brought into the main stories even if it is filled with cliches. They are still good soap opera cliches. it would have been nice if either Cheri or Winston had been on the show longer or something. I had they are all new characters.

But it is good to care about the story other than it being a gay love story.

oakdalelover

I agree that it was another great show.

I am liking Brad a lot better now. Carly is heart breaking! I hope she tells people about her illness. When Reva hid her cancer on GL that drove me crazy!

You have to know that DHK is having great fun with his role of Colonel Mayer! I liked the flashback scenes with Cheri. I wish they could have kept her around a little longer.

I notice the choppy camerawork is more at the Diner then anywhere else. The scene with Maddie and Noah and then when Luke told Noah he would never be alone was great.

Susan Dansby wrote today's script,Richard Cullition wrote yessterday. Michael Eilbaum directed both shows. Minus the camerawork I agree it has been good this week.

Winterguy125

Ok, there is no way JP is writing this show, another outstanding show today, as much as I hate Kack, the scenes were very well done, I loved the ticking clock for Carly. And I think we saw our first cliffhanger Friday in atleast a year.

Previews looked very good

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am loving Brad too and almost considering voting for him in the Top 20 this week.

Whatever is going on Austin Peck is really stepping up in the acting department too.

Absolutely loved todays show. Maura West may get the votes alot but this week she deserves the #1 actress spot.

She was so good.

oakdalelover

Another winner today!

West and Peck get my votes too.

I loved the end where they cut away from Jack to Carly. Very well done.
There were no mention of absent family and friends who should have been there. That is nitpicky,I know.

I actually liked the Katie and Henry scene at the hotel while Vienna waited in the car.Too bad the gear couldn't have kicked out and..........

There were great previews for next week. I loved the very last one with Jack and Carly.

Peter Brash wrote today's script. This show has some great script writers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply