Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 17th
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 01:25 PM (1,931 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This was most certainly another great episode!

Shawn bringing up Bo’s accident was totally random. He has been out of the cast/sling for a long time now, and yet Shawn is asking him now how he’s doing. It was a nice touch, but totally outdated.

Belle and Phillip’s conversation was freaky! He looked so abusive and aggressive, and almost like when he was fighting to get Claire for them. Belle knows what she did wrong, and I wish she would just admit the whole thing to Shawn, but of course she won’t do that, because of the way he is definitely going to act. I dislike the concept of him testing her, too. He’s literally driving Belle into Phillip’s arms. I see his plan failing miserably. What puzzles me is, why did Phillip go to such extreme lengths to get Claire back, but is being much more laid back when it comes to finding Tyler. I know he has less information to work with this time around, but still he doesn’t seem as determined.

Jeremy is an ass! And, Stephanie is even dumber for letting him in, and helping him yet again!

I’m so sad Pocket Man is ill! This is going to big turning point for the Johnson family, IMO!

Nick sure went from one spectrum of the working world to another, but at least his new job still incorporates science! He is doing a wonderful job with those boys. Regardless, I want China Lee to take the kids back and get lost, so Nick can move on.

Roman in the casket made me shiver!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I don't know if it is because I am so impatient waiting for the really exciting stuff to happen at the end of this week/beginning of next week, but this episode bored the hell out of me for the most part.

I like Jeremy being consistently a selfish douchebag worried about how Steve stabbing Stefano affected HIM rather than his girlfriend and not really caring at all that Stephanie and Max had to jump out of a plane until he started to worry there was something more to their relationship than she let on. That's my Jeremy.

The Lexie-Shawn heart-to-heart was odd. What is Lexie doing these days? Does she just hang out in the hospital visiting people now that she lost her job there? WTF? I mean yay for people getting mixed up but why would Shawn be pouring his heart out to Lexie of all people? And why is this show torturing us with Shawn and Belle when Shawn clearly doesn't trust Belle at all and Belle has feelings for Phillip? And why are Phillip and Shawn both so in love with Belle? She isn't attractive or charismatic or interesting enough to have these men falling on their swords all the time so the fact that they are so in love with her makes me like Phillip and Shawn less. And she just generally bores me to tears with her fickleness. I love JKJ best of the three but a part of me wants him to not renew his contract when it's up in January just to free us all from his hellish triangle.

The ending with Roman was cool and I liked the Bo and Caroline confrontation of Old Man Brady but man is he a wimp for not being able to fess up what happened. If it winds up being the case that Santo was lying about his wife being dead so he could seduce Colleen then OMB's silence all these years will make even less sense and make him even more pathetic than he already is.

Poor Pocket. :unsure:

eta: Ooops I forgot about Nick. Oh poor sweet Nick. I do like him with the kids but at this point I don't want him with Chelsea any more. She just sucks too much for me to root for Nick and Chelsea any longer.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The episode was actually pretty good considering the stories being primarily featured. I like the fact that they threw Lexie, Caroline, and Shawn Sr in. On days like today, any integrating of vets will help the show along so that was good.

Lexie/Shawn was refreshing. I am sure Lexie was there for Benji and decided to see Shawn. Either way, it was nice and these interactions are needed. They are what Hogan gave us last Fall. Loved it. Lexie bringing her own history into it was nice.

The Belle/Philip stuff was very good. JKJ played the scene where Philip told Belle they weren't over so well. This triangle is very good IMO and I am glad it is being featured prominently.

Max/Stephanie was a bore but, heaven help me, I still see the sparks I saw last week. Shelley and Trevor were good in their scenes at Steve and Kayla's. Trevor has improved alot and Shelley is just great. I was shocked when she actually considered calling the police. Good scenes all around except for the early Max/Stephanie scenes.

China Lee/Chelsea/Nick was actually pretty good. The story moved and I am interested in what the big deal is with these kids. Rachel looked great today and it was nice seeing her and Nick being civil and her being supportive of him.

The pocket twist is a good one. SN played just the right amount of concern while also adding in enough anger over the possible involvement of the Dimera's. His last scene with Lexie where he wished he had killed Stefano was chilling. Enjoyed Steve and Bo too and the Pub scenes with Bo and his parents was a nice way of keeping the action from yesterday moving. Peter, Frank and Peggy were good in that scene. The ending with Roman was a great way to end the show.

I just love how the little things that make a show great are now becoming prominent. Chelsea mentioning Zack, Shawn mentioning Bo's accident a month ago....it just shows that they are paying attention and putting alot of effort into the shows behind the scenes.

Not too bad. I hope tomorrow plays out like today since it looks like the same people.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I just got to see the last 20 minutes. Damn math class. <_< But from what I did see, this was a great episode.

The Stephanie/Jeremy scenes could be so much better with good actors. Trevor Donovan is improving and Shelley Henning, well...yeah. They are both trying, and you can tell, but the scenes are coming off like a horrible after school absuse movie. Even with the great direction of Ed Scott and his Y&R roadies, this scene really fell flat for me. And I don't blame that on the directing team. That was the actors.

Oh, look who it is. China Lee is back. This storyline is pretty stupid and I hope those kids and their mother get the hell out off my screen ASAP.

I love when the writers remember to throw in some fiestiness for Caroline. She's a little spitfire that takes no crap from anyone. She's one of the only people that can put Grandpa Shawn in his place and I love it!

And that last scene, AWESOMENESS! That was would have been a great Friday cliffhanger, because those that didn't know from the spoilers would have had no idea that Roman was buried alive.

This was a great episode for being a Tuesday. Definitely felt like a Friday episode.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Jinxed Soul
Sep 18 2007, 02:13 PM

Belle and Phillip’s conversation was freaky! He looked so abusive and aggressive, and almost like when he was fighting to get Claire for them. Belle knows what she did wrong, and I wish she would just admit the whole thing to Shawn, but of course she won’t do that, because of the way he is definitely going to act. I dislike the concept of him testing her, too. He’s literally driving Belle into Phillip’s arms. I see his plan failing miserably. What puzzles me is, why did Phillip go to such extreme lengths to get Claire back, but is being much more laid back when it comes to finding Tyler. I know he has less information to work with this time around, but still he doesn’t seem as determined.

I'm surprised at the acting choices JKJ is making in this story. He gets that angry, crazy look on his face and it's an instant turn-off for me. With him going around looking and acting like an abusive bully, I can't imagine anyone turning over a baby to him. I also don't understand why Belle would want anything to do with him after the way he has acted this year and yet she continues to make excuses for him and enable his behavior as he bullies and abuses anyone who gets in the way of what he wants. I know she feels guilty about Claire, but she needs to get over that and focus on her own family. Philip is not her responsibility! And Shawn needs to get a brain and realize what a stupid plan he's forming about "testing" Belle.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ at that very instant when Belle and Phillip were talking, I was thinking to myself, how the hell does Belle continue to feel comfortable leaving Claire with him??

The impression that I got when he was acting that way was that would run off with Claire, and may still do so in the future. This is highly possible if he doesn't find Tyler in soon time, to fill the void.

jcar03
Member Avatar

AHHHH! I'm so pissed my stupid Comcast guide thing screwed up and took recording off of DAYS and GH! ERRR! My VCR recorded 2 hours of the Oxygen Network!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I suppose Lexie will somehow be involved with Tyler/Pocket reveal and Shawn will at last be found out his part in Lauren's decision to leave him at the hospital.

It was weird seeing Lexie in strange scenes today. I tried to figure it out, too. Personally, I think she should be reinstated as a physician. She simply lied to a patient whereas "princess" Kayla cut out John's kidney. She is the one who should be suspended...ugh. I hate special privilege. I mean, this is a life-altering result that cannot be reversed she did and did not report it as an upright person would have done.

It was also weird hearing Shawn try to think through something as he never has done that. It's always been do and regret. Now he is giving Belle enough rope to hang herself. Why is he doing that? So he can torment her later on? Belle is so gone she doesn't even realize it.

Roman in that coffin hurt so bad I could scarcely stand it. What a nightmare of a horror. I can hardly wait until he is out of there.

I actually enjoyed China Lee today. It's too bad she will be going as she could be very entertaining. The boys are intriguing and Nick (Blake) is super as their guardian. Great day at the pub.

King
Member Avatar

It looks like China Lee's "kids" are....Stefano's?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

King
Sep 19 2007, 01:42 PM

That was my guess!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

King
Sep 19 2007, 12:42 PM

How about NOOOOOO. The last thing we need on this show is more of Stefano's "children" coming out of the woodwork. :drunk:

kserox10

I really didn't like todays episode.

Tomorrow looks better!

Days4Life
Unregistered

OneBadKitty
Sep 19 2007, 01:25 PM
King
Sep 19 2007, 12:42 PM

How about NOOOOOO. The last thing we need on this show is more of Stefano's "children" coming out of the woodwork. :drunk:

A big fat NO to those kids being Stefano's!!!!! That was my first thought and it instantly made me mad because that's the kind of predictable mess we keep getting. I love and adore Stefano, but the Dimeras are not the only bad people in the world! It's a silly story anyway. Chelsea and Nick need to go to Bo, have him call in the ISA, and let them deal with finding the twins' parents.

Why all the flashbacks? If they needed to fill air time, they could have given us another scene of Roman buried alive, or maybe Brandon Beemer could have turned over and the sheet could have slipped some more...anything but a two minute flashback from YESTERDAY!
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE FLASHBACKS?!

I swear that flashback Shawn had to his conversation with Lexie YESTERDAY lasted about 2 entire show minutes. At first I thought I was having deja vu in the scene but then when it was over I realized, nope, it really was just that long of a repeat of yesterday.

I hope hope hope these are just the result of them needing to stretch out material to fill up episodes this week before the good stuff starts on Friday because these are ridiculous!

And if those kids are Stefano's then China Lee must be the ONLY person in Salem who didn't get the memo that Stefano is not really dead.

Sephora
Unregistered

I keep wondering if the flashbacks are fill, just like you IMiss. I wonder if things are being cut and the flashbacks are just filling in that time, or worse, sponsorship is down and they need additional time fills. It does seem odd that they started happening all of the sudden.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Flashbacks=rewrites.

This same thing has happened everytime a new writer has come aboard and I suspect they are happening now because some things are being changed. They are happening a little too much, especially for Hogan who has hardly used any since his reign began.

Today wasn't bad. I like seeing Lexie involved. Nice scenes with Steve and Kayla. The Stephanie/Jeremy stuff is much better with her parents involved. Good ending with Steve finding the ID. The Pocket story has really given Steve and Kayla some great stuff.

I have a feeling the kids are Stefano's too. I hope they aren't either. The story is cute and it's rejuvenated Nick and also seems to be leading Chick back together but I don't want the story to last much longer. I do like China Lee though.

Shawn/Belle/Philip is getting good and I am glad to see Shawn trying to trust Belle. I am glad to see them trying to work on their relationship. Nice seeing Billie. Love her scenes with Philip.

The last two days have not been bad but I am ready for the big stuff so I am waiting ever so patiently.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I am done being pessimistic with the show.I have been that way far to long. Although it isn't the best thus far of the week, I still enjoyed it.

I really hope those kids are not Stefano's. What ever happened to the man with the markings on his face outside of the Brady Pub? Is he going to come back?.

I hope the flashbacks are temporary because everytime I see one I always think back to the ones of Chelsea hitting Zach. "What was that" I swear we saw that one everyday for about a month. lol

Billie and Philip should not be related. Even though we aren't seeing Julie Pinson very often I do enjoy the times we get to see her.

And, if something doesn't happen between Philip and Belle on this trip I will be shocked. There have been to many things pointing that it is the way the story is headed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wait a minute, the kids are Stefano's? I missed that reveal. :o Even if I don't like the character, honestly, Nick is one of the best characters on this show right now. Hogan did a fantastic job creating him. He hasn't even been on a whole year and he's like a staple on the show already.

Loving PHELLE! Gimme gimme more! :D

Julie Pinson alert! That woman is drop dead gorgeous. Please, Hogan use her more. I want to see more Billie, damn it. Even if she can't have her own storyline. Involve her more in Philip's storyline so that we can see her on a daily basis.

Jeremy and Stephane = gagness. :angry:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nixsoaps
Sep 19 2007, 04:02 PM
I am done being pessimistic with the show.I have been that way far to long. Although it isn't the best thus far of the week, I still enjoyed it.

That's wonderful to hear. While the show is not focusing on the characters DAYS fans want to see, this show is good.

Days4Life
Unregistered

We're just guessing that the kids are Stefano's. China Lee wouldn't say who their father is--just that he's rich and powerful and dead.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply