Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 17th
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 01:25 PM (1,802 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 19 2007, 04:05 PM
We're just guessing that the kids are Stefano's. China Lee wouldn't say who their father is--just that he's rich and powerful and dead.

Well the Nick/Chelsea storyline apparently is the only story right now that doesn't have any DiMera influence, so I guess that's going to happen now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

DrewHamilton
Sep 19 2007, 03:04 PM
Nixsoaps
Sep 19 2007, 04:02 PM
I am done being pessimistic with the show.I have been that way far to long.  Although it isn't the best thus far of the week, I still enjoyed it.

That's wonderful to hear. While the show is not focusing on the characters DAYS fans want to see, this show is good.

The show is light years better than a few months ago. I'm just tired of the Philip/Belle/Shawn triangle because right now I'm not liking any of them very much. And I hate Max/Stephanie. Jeremy, on the other hand, has improved a lot (acting-wise) so he doesn't bother me as much.

My big problem with today is that I'm so impatient to get back to the Andre storyline and the exciting stuff. Is he pumping air into Roman's coffin like Vivian did with Carly? Does he have sound so Andre can torment him? In the immortal words of Britney Spears--"Gimme more"!
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

You can't spell ArtEmIs and DeMaRquette without DIMERA.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 19 2007, 03:11 PM
The show is light years better than a few months ago.
My big problem with today is that I'm so impatient to get back to the Andre storyline and the exciting stuff. Is he pumping air into Roman's coffin like Vivian did with Carly?

I'll give you that. How many days has Roman been in that coffin? Since Monday right. Let's get him out of there now.

I don't love every storyline going on now, but at least I can watch most of them. Steph and Jeremy, they have their good days and bad days. IMO today was a bad day for them.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

King
Sep 19 2007, 03:12 PM

Argh! Good point there. :thumbsdown:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King

Wow. Good point.

Hmm...this could be interesting I suppose.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2007, 03:36 PM
King

Wow. Good point.

Yeah.... but not really! :bs:

Days4Life
Unregistered

King

Oh no! I never thought of that! That would explain why they gave the kids those names.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Sep 19 2007, 03:42 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2007, 03:36 PM
King

Wow. Good point.

Yeah.... but not really! :bs:

Maybe to you but to me it may be.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sorry Phoenix but I feel that we don't need anymore children of Stefano appearing out of thin air. I've lost track of all his kids.

But you could be right, it may be interesting. We'll have to see.

King
Member Avatar

I mean, IMO, it's better to have the dad be Steffy then ANOTHERRRRRRRRRRRR new character.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Sep 19 2007, 03:05 PM
We're just guessing that the kids are Stefano's. China Lee wouldn't say who their father is--just that he's rich and powerful and dead.

And that he has a lot of enemies. There is also the matter that these kids are chess whizzes that screams Stefano.

I agree with King that if he's going to have a father I'd rather it be Stefano than bringing someone else into this. I hope, King, you are right about the names being related to DiMera too because ever since they came on I've hated that they gave a boy the name Artemis.

Also, I don't know why but if it turns out Stefano is the dad I wonder if Steve and Kayla will wind up raising these two after Pocket is returned to his rightful father. It would be kind of like the Benjy story except they would get to keep raising Stefano's children this time.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Oh Lord, I hope these kids are just incidental and NOT Stefano's. We really don't need any more kids.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I agree. No more kids. We've had a lot of storylines revolving around children the last few years.

I don't want any more new characters either, but Stefano just seems so predictable.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 19 2007, 09:08 PM
I agree. No more kids. We've had a lot of storylines revolving around children the last few years.

I don't want any more new characters either, but Stefano just seems so predictable.

I wouldn't necessarily say predictable, just ABSURD.

powermouse
Member Avatar

That's interesting, I hadn't heard the theory that Stef might be the whiz kids' father. I could see potential in that but I would rather that the kids belonged to some mob leader that would be a newcomer in Salem to go up against the DiMeras after the whole Brady/DiMera feud storyline winds down a bit. I mean, yes, I'm sure the DiMeras will continue to torment the Bradys but something new might be a nice break from all the Brady/DiMera vendetta stuff. I swear if I hear the word vendetta one more time, I'm gonna throw something at my TV!!

I was also thinking that it would open things up for Days to introduce new African American characters to the front burner. Perhaps the kids have an older sister that could bring an interesting twist into the Nick/Chelsea/Jett storyline if Nick finds himself falling for her. Personally, I think that alone would help appeal to a wider audience and bring in new viewers.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I like the Belle etal storyline and want to see Philip regain his son and how the triangle is resolved.

I also, like the Nick and "sons" storyline. Actually, it's my favorite right now. I think the kids are very intriguing and Nick is showing great skills and maturity with them and his new job at the college.

Also, China Lee is an interesting character. If today was the last of her, too bad. She is a good actress, interesting, fun and mysterious.

Chelsea should be a lawyer. She does have a quick mind and fact seeking abilities as well as argumentative talent LOL.

Stephanie is growinig on me since the writing is giving her the old Steph's spunk. Now I can believe she is Stephanie.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm enjoying Stephanie more, as well. Its her attachments to Jeremy that I despise, though. I want to see him gone!

Days4Life
Unregistered

Kenny
Sep 19 2007, 08:12 PM
Days4Life
Sep 19 2007, 09:08 PM
I agree.  No more kids.  We've had a lot of storylines revolving around children the last few years.

I wouldn't necessarily say predictable, just ABSURD.

You're right. It's predictable AND absurd. But maybe it will be interesting...Chelsea had some great scenes today and it will give Nick a story other than chasing after Chelsea. I loved her confrontation with China Lee. She's very smart and is such a little spitfire!

Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Today's show had a bit of filler, but otherwise it was great!!!

Where to start. Jett- bout time he had scenes with Uncle Abe. I liked the mention of Shawn by Chelsea and Stephanie so that we know they did see him.

Kayla and Jeremy. WOW! Kayla really ripped into him. It was nice to see that fire in her. The scenes were intense when she was trying to use the phone and he wouldn't let her. The mention of his grandfather Tom and Mike were a nice touch as well.

Oh, and the best part. Stefano and Steve. Another mention of the folio, that's a good sign that it is not a dropped s/l. When Stefano told Steve he would crush his family like a bug, I got a little chill. Steve impersonating Roman was hilarious. Stephen and Joe work so well with each other. The more scenes with those two actors the better. Sure wish I knew DiMera code though.
One thing though, did anyone else think that Joe's accent was toned down. I liked it, but I was surprised.
Tomorrow looks good too!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply