Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Ashley Benson not returning
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 03:47 PM (1,502 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From Ashley's MySpace:

Hi Everyone,

Many of you have asked if I'm going back to DOOL.

I'm not going back. I would only consider it if they let me be on a recurring status. DOOL knew I would not be renewing my contract in April of 2008 and asked if I wanted to leave early after finishing filming "Bring it on 4" They knew I wanted to pursue other avenues of acting and I was missing opportunities being on a contract. I appreciate all of your support and comments. I wrote about this a while back on my website when I left the show if you need more Info.

I hope this answers all of your questions

Ashley

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/vi...pic.php?t=15472

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scott
Member Avatar

I miss AB, she was the future of Days.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

They should recast Abby, they truly need a young woman with Horton lineage on this show.

Scott
Member Avatar

I agree. Currently the only real younger horton they have is Jeremy and he is a douche

Mason

I agree. Don't wait for Ashley to come back (because I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon). Find a new Abby.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I figured as much. She just about proved what I always feared while she was on the show...that she already had her mind set on bigger and better things. I think that always made Days afraid to give her big stories. That's not to say they couldn't have given her more but it's a valid reason in my book as to why she never was involved in anything big.

Rachel Melvin has stated many times it's about the work and she will stay as long as she is challenged. Ashley never indicated that. I fear Darin may feel the same as Ashley did but I hope I am wrong.

Days needs to recast her. Like Y&RWorldTurner said, the show needs a young Horton woman.

Mason

If Darin leaves, I don't think it would be a real big loss at this point, with Ashley already off the show. If the best they can think of to do with Max is another round with Stephanie, then he really isn't needed on the show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 17 2007, 04:25 PM
If Darin leaves, I don't think it would be a real big loss at this point, with Ashley already off the show. If the best they can think of to do with Max is another round with Stephanie, then he really isn't needed on the show.

Perhaps not but he is far too talented to just let slip away. The show needs a young actor that can actually act. I actually am coming around to Max/Stephanie. It's not the best decision in the world but they have chemistry and both can act. I just hope they deal with the adopted uncle issue head on.

King
Member Avatar

I actually hope Darin leaves and brings Max with him. Max has been nothing but a floater from day one. The writers never know what to do with him. It was Nicole's curse too. And sometimes, they're just better off leaving.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I'll never understand why they didn't make Emily Montague a permanent replacement for Abby. She had chemistry with everyone! She was great with Matt, Darin, and Rachel.

Mason

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I actually didn't care all that much for Emily Montague as Abby...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 17 2007, 04:41 PM
I'll never understand why they didn't make Emily Montague a permanent replacement for Abby. She had chemistry with everyone! She was great with Matt, Darin, and Rachel.

Exactly. That girl clicked and was very good in the 3 episodes she appeared in. She had alot of energy and seemed really into her scenes.

King
Member Avatar

That must have been during my time off. LOL.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

By them having an actress who did click and I felt she did too who could have stepped right in, I believe that Hogan wasn't too interested in writing for Abby. Abby is not the type of female character Hogan writes. He wrote Allison very well on ATWT but didn't do the same for her counterpart Lucy. Lucy was very boring and never got any layers to her at all. You could tell Hogan loved Allison because she ended up with the best material and the best stories. Viewers loved Peyton List too, but Lucy was always written badly.

I just don't think Hogan wants to write for Abby.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Abby's one of the few younger characters that has ties to virtually everyone in Salem as well.

-She's the daughter of super couple Jack and Jennifer.
-She's best friends with Chelsea.
-She's the cousin of Stephanie
-She's the cousin of Jeremy
-She's related to Maggie, Hope, Shawn, and Ciara
-She's the great granddaughter of Alice

One might even say Abby and Max are destiny, mainly because of Jennifer and Frankie's past and their failed relationships. Abby and Max would be the related family members who could make it work.

Like her or not, Abby is very essential to the next generation of Days. Also, every decade had a young Horton woman who carried on the tradition. The 70's had Julie, the 80's had Hope, and the 90's had Jennifer.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I agree with you 100% Alvin. She is needed and should be there. It's a tradition.

I will say that I would not want Hogan to change Abby like he did Stephanie. Even though I am not watching right now again, I would hate to even hear about that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I wouldn't say Hogan didn't want to write for Abby. He finally pushed Abby into somewhat of a story and used her much more then JER. He started laying the groundwork for Maby and had them finally coming close to a relationship. I would say that shows interest.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 17 2007, 04:41 PM

I liked her too! She did look a bit older than Ashley; which bothered some people.

Mason

I think Hogan wanted to write for Abby, but Ashley leaving much sooner than expected kind of threw a wrench in whatever plans there were for Mabby.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Sep 17 2007, 04:51 PM
That must have been during my time off. LOL.

IIRC King that Emily Montague person was only there like 2 or 3 episodes max and while I didn't think she was bad, she did nothing that made me jump out of my seat either that I remember.

If Ashley Benson isn't going to be coming back to the role I would rather they let Abby stay gone unless a recast comes back with Jack in tow.

And I don't know what to make about Hogan's feelings about writing for Abby. He did try to bring in Jed Starks for her, which was a HUGE mistake, and they played around with Mabby but it was the same deal as it was with Max and Mimi... they put Max in this relationship that started to get interesting right before the actress left the show. I still don't know what they were thinking doing that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply