Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Ashley Benson not returning
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 03:47 PM (1,581 Views)
bellcurve
Unregistered

Count me in as someone who enjoyed Emily Montague as Abby. Thought she was very cute and had onscreen chemistry with everyone.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

I am doing the happy dance over this. I never liked her character. Truth be told I haven't liked any Abby in years.
Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I didn't care much for Emily maybe it was to quick for me to get a good feel. The last picture I saw of her on imdb she had red hair and looked freakishly like Shayna Rose - I was curious if she had possibily auditioned for Stephanie when they were casting that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scott
Member Avatar

I think Abby is needed, and I did like Emily in the role, so I would take her back.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't see a need for Abby at this point. Before they do any expansion, they need to shore up the Sami and Belle age groups, because there are serious limitations right now. Merging and editing of those two are needed before expanding when we've got Chelsea and a whole bunch of others, imho, even for a core family's character.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That makes me sad. :(

I was hoping Ashley would return after finishing her movie. She did say that she would return on a recurring basis, so maybe there would be a possibility that they could bring her back for a limited time, just to conclude things with Max. I hated the way they left things. To me, it was very open-ended.

As for the character of Abby, she is definitely needed. With the slut (Stephanie) and the bitch (Chelsea) the show needs a good girl, and that was Abby. I don't want to believe that Hogan didn't want to write for Abby. I think he wanted to flesh out the characters, and IMO, he did a great job building up MABBY. I thought the pacing of that story was very realistic. I loved the way it started off as a crush, and then moved onto Max thinking of Abby as his little sister, Abby putting Max in his place, and then Max realizing his feelings for Abby. It was pure destiny in my mind. I loved every minute of the MABBY ride.

I don't think that Emily Montague would be a good Abby. The way Hogan was writing MABBY, it was a conflict of age, considering that Max was "too old and experienced" for her. Emily looked older than Darin, so that aspect never really caught on while I watched their scenes. However, Darin and Emily did have a special connection and their chemistry was definitely instant. I would love for Hogan to create a character for Emily, and bring her back as that character, but not Abby.

That doesn't mean Abby shouldn't be recast. If the show can't get Ashley, they need to find someone for Max because Stephanie just isn't cutting it and I want to like Max, but when he is in scenes with Stephanie, I can't watch. I want to see Max as one half of a couple and MAPHANIE is not that couple. :angry:

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 17 2007, 08:33 PM
That makes me sad. :(

I was hoping Ashley would return after finishing her movie. She did say that she would return on a recurring basis, so maybe there would be a possibility that they could bring her back for a limited time, just to conclude things with Max. I hated the way they left things. To me, it was very open-ended.

As for the character of Abby, she is definitely needed. With the slut (Stephanie) and the bitch (Chelsea) the show needs a good girl, and that was Abby. I don't want to believe that Hogan didn't want to write for Abby. I think he wanted to flesh out the characters, and IMO, he did a great job building up MABBY. I thought the pacing of that story was very realistic. I loved the way it started off as a crush, and then moved onto Max thinking of Abby as his little sister, Abby putting Max in his place, and then Max realizing his feelings for Abby. It was pure destiny in my mind. I loved every minute of the MABBY ride.

I don't think that Emily Montague would be a good Abby. The way Hogan was writing MABBY, it was a conflict of age, considering that Max was "too old and experienced" for her. Emily looked older than Darin, so that aspect never really caught on while I watched their scenes. However, Darin and Emily did have a special connection and their chemistry was definitely instant. I would love for Hogan to create a character for Emily, and bring her back as that character, but not Abby.

That doesn't mean Abby shouldn't be recast. If the show can't get Ashley, they need to find someone for Max because Stephanie just isn't cutting it and I want to like Max, but when he is in scenes with Stephanie, I can't watch. I want to see Max as one half of a couple and MAPHANIE is not that couple. :angry:

Great post and I completely agree. I feel Abby is needed on the show. As someone stated earlier they really need the younger generation of the Horton's to be represented on the show. I know Nick and Jeremy are Horton's but I feel they need Abby to be apart of this. Right now all the girls are the same wild, rebellious, and impulsive. I think they need a little contrast in characters for the younger set.

I agree with what you stated about Mabby. I felt like they had a great build to their relationship. I was excited to see where they were taking it. I think the fans should really get the chance to see their love story since they were building it up for the past few months. I'd rather see Max and Abby then Max hook up with any of his nieces. I like Max but it's hard for me to watch scenes his scenes lately with Stephanie.

Scott
Member Avatar

Maphanie shouldn't even bee a couple!!! He's her damn uncle!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

Speaking of Nick, he needs his sounding board (Abby) back! It's like the poor guy has had no friends in Salem since Abby left.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Damn. I thought Ashley was simply working on a short-term project. I liked her.

berlingirl
Member Avatar

OK they should bring back Abby after they fix the characters on th show. As for who they cast I don't care just as long as they can act. I would like to see Mabby again but right now I don't care.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Emily Montague seemed too old for Abby to me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

I really liked Ashley Benson as Abby. She especially had great on screen chemistry with Matt Ashford and Missy Reeves. :D :D
I don't imagine we'll be seeing the Deverauxs again, unless they decide to bring back Matt at least for another guest appearance.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

In her letter, she wrote how she is missing other opportunties while being on contract ... call me crazy, but she has something good going for her right there!

I really believe she was going to get a solid storyline, and could've been a vet down the road, like Sami.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

The only young Horton female left is Ciara.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

KristianFanForever
Sep 18 2007, 09:38 AM

I'm guessing she will be 16 in another 1-2 years :lol:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

She's smart. Days is going down the drain and they wasted her.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Jinxed Soul
Sep 18 2007, 08:43 AM
KristianFanForever

LOL!

I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

KristianFanForever
Sep 18 2007, 10:53 AM
Jinxed Soul
Sep 18 2007, 08:43 AM
KristianFanForever

LOL!

I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me.

I find the writers have minimal use for the toddlers. The current teen cast will be moving up the ladder as soon as this Salem U story concludes, which I expect to be nomore than a few years. So, Ciara, Pocket Man, Claire, and the Brady-Roberts-Wells babies will have to takeover.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I totally did not like Abby. She was written so snobbishly above everyone else. She had no personality or life about her. It is even difficult for me to see what anyone would find interesting in her. With a new writer and a new actor, maybe if she comes back, she will be more enjoyable and fun. I highly doubt it. She is not only a Horton twice removed, but she is a Johnson. That family needs to disappear, period if Jack isn't even on the show anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply