Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: CHINA; Discussion Thread!
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 08:38 PM (4,138 Views)
King
Member Avatar

CBS Site

I am so excited for Thursday!

This looks like the most well balanced cast we've had in a while.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to my first ever Survivor. After doing some homework on this season, I'm more than ever involved.

Sephora
Unregistered

Okay, Christian Leslie has already pissed me off. Why is it Christians who get television time think they have to disrespect other countries' religion even when a ceremony isn't religious? She was rude and can't go soon enough for me. I hope to find her station here in Charlotte and give her one hell of a piece of my mind.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

LOVING it so far!! Gonna finish the second half after I eat.

China is beautiful!

ITA Sephora. Her and the blond waitress were TOTALLY disrespectful and offensive.

King
Member Avatar

I could see her point.

Courtney is hilarious and such a bitch.

Ashley is a diva, and so amazing!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

DaysFanJean
Sep 18 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm looking forward to my first ever Survivor.  After doing some homework on this season, I'm more than ever involved.

Yay!! Jean, glad you are watching. This season already looks to be really good and it's set in one of the best locations in awhile. I was getting tired off all those darn islands that essentially looked the same.

King
Member Avatar

I agree, Mateo! Scenery/setting-wise, this is my favorite season!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I loved the premiere, but was sad to see Chicken be the first one to leave.

King
Member Avatar

I didn't like Chicken, and I'm really glad he's gone. I couldn't understand a word he was saying! LOL.

Courtney is such a bitch! LOL. She's funny.

Todd annoyed me.

Denise is so cute!

I love Ashley. She's such a diva.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I think I'll love to hate Ashley

And I think Frosti is such a cutie

King
Member Avatar

Me too! Frosti is so cute!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

What an exotic setting. I truly loved what we got to see of China and the show settings were great, too. So colorful.

Strange bunch of people and not easy to get to know about each of them in one show but my pick of them all from tonight is James. I'd definitely want him on my team. When he jumped up on that wall to reach the gate, that was fantastic. He looked like a stuntman. The challenge was really not as hard as I'd have thought. The hardest part for me would have been to remember the details of the instructions.

In the end, I was hoping Angela was not voted out, but thought PG might be due to her personality, but sort of was exasperated with Chicken for whining around instead of doing what he could have. He had the time of his life though, so I'm glad he got to be part of it.

(It surely would be fun to be part of this.)

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Shit! I totally forgot about the premiere bc of our football game!

Anyone know if they put the episodes up online???

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I'm sorry for those that see Leslie as being disrespectfuly but I see her point totally and respect her for sticking to her beliefs. Atheists and agnostics constantly refuse in our society everyday to have nothing to do with normal accepted Christian traditions and that is their right to do so and I have no problem with that. I am not that strong of a Christian but I can't say that I would have not done the same as she did. I do not have a problem with those who are Buddhists but the whole religion is contradictory to what I believe in - so I would have been very uncomfortable being involved.

I also would not go into a Central American company and put myself into a situation with a Muslim festival or tradition either. Their belief contradicts what I believe in too. And in these Countries where they have a State Religion like Muslimism or Buddhism everything is religious whether they deny it or not.

So more power to Leslie.

I am in love with this season already. After the sort of let down that last season was this one looks really good so far - if for nothing else but the location.

I like Aaron, Dave, Erik, Frosti & Jean-Robert among the men so far. Have to root for Tennesse boy Erik. LOL

I think Dave is my favorite player overall so far. He is take charge and was good in the first comp. Kind of man I would like to have around on my team. Plus he looks good too.

Ashley is okay. She is a diva.

I like Leslie already for the reasons I said above.

And I really liked that girl (sorry didn't catch her name) that went over to the grave digger who was so quiet. She really impressed me with what she said. I will reserve full judgement on her until I see how she works and competes.

Not sure I will like P.G. or not. She is way too bossy.

Sephora
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Sep 21 2007, 08:10 AM
I'm sorry for those that see Leslie as being disrespectfuly but I see her point totally and respect her for sticking to her beliefs. Atheists and agnostics constantly refuse in our society everyday to have nothing to do with normal accepted Christian traditions and that is their right to do so and I have no problem with that. I am not that strong of a Christian but I can't say that I would have not done the same as she did. I do not have a problem with those who are Buddhists but the whole religion is contradictory to what I believe in - so I would have been very uncomfortable being involved.

I also would not go into a Central American company and put myself into a situation with a Muslim festival or tradition either. Their belief contradicts what I believe in too. And in these Countries where they have a State Religion like Muslimism or Buddhism everything is religious whether they deny it or not.

So more power to Leslie.

Here's how I see it, I'm a Wiccan. I go to Catholic weddings, Christian weddings, funerals, et al. When the "leader" says "bow your head", I do it. I'm in their world. I'm there voluntarily. I was not dragged kicking and screaming, I went freely. Does my Goddess fault me for respecting other people? No, she rewards my convictions. So I have a great deal of trouble with someone going to another country and disrespecting it. She willingly signed up for the show, she could have participated and all the while been praying to her God. Wouldn't he understand? Jesus sat with lepars and prostitutes. He was the one who went in and knocked the money tables over in the temples because it was disrespectful to that religion. So if Jesus showed respect for all, why can't modern Christians? Why do Americans go to other countries and expect to be treated like Americans? Why do they expect others to cater to them?

It comes down to two things for me. 1. Respect the country you are in willingly. 2. Respect your God enough to trust that he knows your heart and go through the motions when you are in a place willingly. Leslie obviously doesn't trust her God to know her heart and convictions if she couldn't participate and show respect.

As to what Atheists and Agnostics do. I don't always understand why they do some of the things they do, but that why they live here ~ freedom of religion. It's why I can say the pledge and leave out "under God" and only use a debit card so I don't have to use money that says "In God We Trust." We're a free country. China isn't. And if I ever went to China, I'd do what they told me to.

Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I see Leslie's point too. She did exactly what Mark Burnett and CBS wanted her to do. She's a Catholic Radio Show Host. She left and caused a scene. I'm pretty sure they put her in that position for that reason alone.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Sephora, Whatever you choose is right for you but it is wrong to expect the same of someone else.

I personally have more respect for someone who stands up for what they believe in than I do someone who goes along with others out of respect.

And as to your example of Christ and the Temple. That was Christ's religion at the time that was being violated. He was a Jew himself. He was born a Jew and was a part of the Jewish religion until he died. Christianity was not born until after his death. As to him sitting with lepers and prostitutes has nothing to do with religion.

Christ says himself if you are not with him you are against him. That is the mantra that Christians live by. For her to bow down to Buddha would have been a violation of what she believed in. There is a big difference in sitting with lepers and prostitutes and bowing down to another God which is a big no no in the Christian life. In fact it is the No. 1 commandment that Christians live by.

People outside of the Christian life condemn Christians for not having respect for their lifestyles, but yet they turn around and can't respect the Christian's lifestyle either.

I don't agree with everything that Christian's do but I can't fault or condemn them for living it. I don't agree with the Muslims who believe that it is an honor to die and kill others in the name of their God, but I can respect the fact that they live what they believe.

And King makes a good point, she did exactly what the show wanted. I am sure they chose her based on her Christian lifestyle and knowing they were going into a Buddhist country. They could have easily let it go last night but they didn't. They put her on the spot and made sure everyone knew it. Until Jeff pointed it out, I didn't even notice that she did it.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

What a great premier! As I mentioned earlier, this is my favorite local in a long time, since at least the Mayan season.

Sad that Chicken left, but someone has to go.

Still to early to know for sure who I'm gonna root for, but early favorites were Sherea, Peih-Gee, Ashley, Todd, Denise and James.

The two that I definitely don't like are Leslie and Courtney. Both were annoying as hell and rubbed me the wrong way numerous times. It's still my thought that they were highly offensive. Heck, my mother, who loves the show, goes to church every Sunday and is a part of what you would call the religious right was even taken back. Totally disrespectful and both can go :flipoff: themselves.

and not to turn this into to much of a religious debate, but not all Muslims condone killing or dying for their religion. It's extremists. The majority of Muslims are peaceful people who in no way are expected to kill or die for their religion.

Can't wait for the next eppy, this season is already controversial, LoL.

Sephora
Unregistered

SteveFrame, I always find it interesting when people assume just because I'm Wiccan now that I know nothing about Christianity. I was raised Catholic for 18 years, became a born again Christian at 18, and a Wiccan shortly after. Being a Christian was like wearing a dress that didn't fit and was made of really bad fabric.

My interpretation of the bible is what I base my statements on. I always read the passage about Jesus and the temple one way, one that pissed off the priests, you read it yours. I read "thou shalt not have other gods before me" as the god of the Christians just wanting to be first in line.

Quote:

People outside of the Christian life condemn Christians for not having respect for their lifestyles, but yet they turn around and can't respect the Christian's lifestyle either.

I respect their lifestyles, but when they blatently don't respect others when they are willingly in their country/house, that's when I have a problem. They can pray in the middle of Time Square, that's fine. That's their freedom here. But you don't go into a Wiccan Gathering Circle or a gay bar and start preaching. You don't go to a country for a game show and disrespect the country. Respect goes both ways. It's not like I'm going to call her radio show and blast her for what she did, that's "her house." But if I saw her on the street, I'd give her what for.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Sephora
Sep 21 2007, 01:23 PM

My interpretation of the bible is what I base my statements on.  I always read the passage about Jesus and the temple one way, one that pissed off the priests, you read it yours.  I read "thou shalt not have other gods before me" as the god of the Christians just wanting to be first in line. 

Quote:

I respect their lifestyles, but when they blatently don't respect others when they are willingly in their country/house, that's when I have a problem. They can pray in the middle of Time Square, that's fine. That's their freedom here. But you don't go into a Wiccan Gathering Circle or a gay bar and start preaching. You don't go to a country for a game show and disrespect the country. Respect goes both ways. It's not like I'm going to call her radio show and blast her for what she did, that's "her house." But if I saw her on the street, I'd give her what for.

:hail: :rockon: :clap:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply