Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: CHINA; Discussion Thread!
Topic Started: Sep 17 2007, 08:38 PM (4,322 Views)
King
Member Avatar

So the Final TC has three people in it? Again?

I thought the preview said three tribal councils! LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Yes it had 3.

Final vote:

Todd 4
Courtney 3
Amanda 1

Damn. That totally stinks.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Erik was the only one to vote for Amanda. And she deserved it. Played the best game and won the last 2 challenges.

That totally stinks.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

And the winner of Survivor: China is.........

ME!

Made ya look Mikey :P

King
Member Avatar

OMFG, TODD? VOMIT!

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Todd had some AMAZING answers though. His answer to Jean-Robert - and how the entire jury laughed bc he was able to shut JR up - was awesome. JR and Jamie both said they changed their votes after Todd's answers.

Todd totally deserved to win that game IMO. Tonight's episode proved it. I like Amanda - but she was just lucky she was in immunity challenges with 2 90 pound people and 1 big clumsy lady left in this game. Had she been with others, I doubt she would have won any immunity challenges, and she would have looked like the coattails-rider just like Courtney. Bc that is what both Amanda and Courtney did - ride on Todd's coattails.

Not sure why Jamie was total bitch during the jury Q&A. What was she trying to prove there? lol - she was laughable...and Courtney's total brush off of her attitude was hilarious.

I can't believe how crazy different Courtney looked - as well as Todd's hair. I loved how Denise was given money too - that is soooo sad that she got fired from her lunch lady job and is stuck being a janitor on the nightshift - where she can't even eat dinner with her family. That is such a sad story.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I was not the least disappointed in the whole show except for a tiny pang when Todd was crowned the winner. I rather suspected it though because when he was questioned, his responses really made sense and rang true. Wow, it just made Amanda look like she just lied her way along and of course, Courtney just went along for the ride. Given that, I think I would have voted for Todd, too.

Loved, loved, loved all the James love LOL. He is a hottie and so cute. What a darling little boy he looked. That photo in Peoples, woohoo. Did anyone see it? I don't buy People, but may have to get that copy.

I just wondered why there wasn't a challenge for the final two instead of voting directly from the final three. That did sort of bother me, but I know it's been done this way before, too.

Didn't Courtney look super? She was stunning. I think they all looked great, but she and Piegh-Gee were really outstanding. Jamie looked so cute and Eric. Do you believe that he is still a virgin?

Hooray for James winning the Sprint $100,000 popularity award and Denise for coming in second. Really great of the show to give her $50,000, too. She just needs to find another job.

It's going to be fun looking forward to a new Survivor very soon.

King
Member Avatar

I am so glad my station was out. LOL. I wouldn't be able to stomach seeing Todd snatch the win.

Deleted User
Deleted User

AndyAMC
Dec 16 2007, 11:18 PM
Todd had some AMAZING answers though.  His answer to Jean-Robert - and how the entire jury laughed bc he was able to shut JR up - was awesome.  JR and Jamie both said they changed their votes after Todd's answers.

Todd totally deserved to win that game IMO.  Tonight's episode proved it.  I like Amanda - but she was just lucky she was in immunity challenges with 2 90 pound people and 1 big clumsy lady left in this game.  Had she been with others, I doubt she would have won any immunity challenges, and she would have looked like the coattails-rider just like Courtney.  Bc that is what both Amanda and Courtney did - ride on Todd's coattails.

Not sure why Jamie was total bitch during the jury Q&A.  What was she trying to prove there?  lol - she was laughable...and Courtney's total brush off of her attitude was hilarious.

I can't believe how crazy different Courtney looked - as well as Todd's hair.  I loved how Denise was given money too - that is soooo sad that she got fired from her lunch lady job and is stuck being a janitor on the nightshift - where she can't even eat dinner with her family.  That is such a sad story.

:D I totally agree. After Todd said his peace after being asked the questions by the jurors. I realized he definitely deserved to win the game. He played one hell of a game. Congrats Todd. I also think Amanda hurt herself big time by showing herself to be a liar and not being honest about it and not apologizing to Denise for voting her out, yet apologizing to the asshole Jean-Robert!? WTF?!? I also felt sad for Denise and glad Mark Burnett decided to give her $50,000 too. I was rooting for her to get the $100,000, but ok with James getting it. Courtney looked so fucking hot, I even thought she looked hotter than Amanda (and I usually like the brunettes the best). btw, Peh-Gee looked hot herself. I totally predicted Jaime & Erik, and agree about not getting her being such a bitch at the final Tribal. Jaime looked cute too. I think Erik's been lying all along about being a virgin.

The next season looks awesome. I bet James will be the 1 from this season to be on the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

King, no one could have loathed Todd more than me, but he won me in the end. I think you will be surprised if you watch the show online later. It's worth seeing.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Amanda imo had the game wrapped but screwed up big time at the Final TC. She basically gave the game to Todd with her answers. I was getting so pissed off when she was sucking up to the jurors.

Did anyone else notice Courtney giving Probst the middle finger when he brought up the "welfare comment" at the reunion. There was even a few gasps in the audience.

I hate Todd but he really made Amanda & Courtney look like idiots at the Final TC.

I can't wait for next season. And I like the who is coming back if the spoilers are right.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Damn now I like Todd. Todd has long been a poster at Sucks. It's nice to see a Suckster win the game.

King
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 17 2007, 02:25 AM
Damn now I like Todd.  Todd has long been a poster at Sucks.  It's nice to see a Suckster win the game.

See, I hate people at Sucks. Whenever I have gone there to ask a question, they all snap. They're insane. Probably why I hate Todd. :lol:

In my mind, Todd and Amanda played the exact same game only Todd was a cocky little dick the whole time and laughed at people as they were voted off and had their dreams shattered. Amanda had a little more class. That, and it sounds like he had a better final TC. I like players who can lie and manipulate and be ruthless but who are more humble about it like Courtney and Amanda.

BOO! This will greatly affect China going down as one of my favs! :angry: I think I still have to hand it to Pearl Islands and Borneo.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

King - you have GOT to watch the show - bc I think you'll realize this was totally Todd's game from Day 1.

I forgot to mention - but I didn't like how Jeff Probst asked Erik if him and Jamie have had sex yet - in front of millions of people. That was so wrong of him!

darraholic
Member Avatar

King
Dec 17 2007, 06:48 AM

In my mind, Todd and Amanda played the exact same game only Todd was a cocky little dick the whole time and laughed at people as they were voted off and had their dreams shattered. Amanda had a little more class. That, and it sounds like he had a better final TC. I like players who can lie and manipulate and be ruthless but who are more humble about it like Courtney and Amanda.

BOO! This will greatly affect China going down as one of my favs! :angry: I think I still have to hand it to Pearl Islands and Borneo.

I agree. I think if someone can screw people over but be more sneaky like Amanda are better. (Great example of that was Danni beating Stephenie in Guatemala.) All Amanda had to tell the jury was yeah she screwed them over but she didn't have to backstab the same people like Todd did. Instead she played the "I didn't want to vote for any of you." PG finally called Amanda out and Amanda finally confessed to being the one who took James out. I don't think Amanda would of confessed had PG not called her out on it.

Courtney actually had a great Final TC until she told the jurors that Todd deserved the million bucks. DAMN Courtney lol.

I did love Courtney's "I hate kids" remark at the reunion.

My Ranking of seasons after this season:

1. Pearl Islands
2. Guatemala- Very underrated season imo. With a great winner.
3. Borneo
4. China
5. Outback
6. Marquesas
7. Vanuatu
8. Exile Island
9. Amazon
10. Africa
11. All Stars
12. Fiji
13. Cook Islands
14. Thailand
15. Palau- I just truly detest this season. It was so predictable. Watching Ulong go one by one then Tom controlling the whole game. Plus I hated Stephenie's "My tribe sucks" whining.

My Winners Ranking (Based on playing the game and not who I like.):

1. Richard (Borneo)
2. Brian (Thailand)
3. Yul (Cook Islands)
4. Todd (China)
5. Tina (Outback)
6. Danni (Guatemala)
7. Tom (Palau)
8. Earl (Fiji)
9. Chris (Vanuatu)
10. Vecepia (Marquesas)
11. Sandra (Pearl Islands)
12. Jenna (Amazon)
13. Aras (Exile Island)
14. Amber (All Stars)
15. Ethan (Africa)

<3 showing Darrah jumping off the boat in the preview for next season. I only wish Darrah would be back :makeout:

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Todd looked like a wolf last night! I was so hoping that Denise would make it to the Final 3, I really started to like her the most towards the end. Todd however did play this game from Day One, Minute One and played it very, very well! His answers at TC is what trully won him that million dollars, because Jeff was right had JR not voted for Todd, there would have been a tie (which would have been awesome) or Courtney would have won, which would have been FUNNY!!

And what is up with Erik being a virgin???

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Courtney was not the least bit humble in my opinion and she might not enjoy knowing anyone thought so either LOL.

Amanda was just as phony as an humble person as she is at lying about being sorry she backstabbed people. It would have been honest and straightforward of her to admit that it was what she had to do to play her game. I liked her until the tribal counsel when she put on that phony downcast look...ugh.

Courtney didn't play the game. She was falling through the loops just like she said and she was probably the most honest of them all, really. I think the ones who voted for her just refused to vote for the liars, Amanda and Todd. Who voted for Courtney besides Denise?

I liked Denise until the end when she became more begging. Not to say that I begrudge her anything, though. She was my favorite next to James, too.

James and Courtney may end up being the biggest winners of this season, though. I can see things happening for them.

King
Member Avatar

JEFF ASK ERIK THAT? OMG.

My local CBS affiliate is saying they will re-air the finale. When? Who knows. LOL.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

You can watch online at www.cbs.com/survivor

Also, the next show is called Survivor - Micronesia

You can watch the preview at

Survivor 15 is Survivor-Micronesia.

Watch the preview here.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

click on Survivor-Micronesia, then preview.

darraholic
Member Avatar

LMAO looks like Denise lied lastnight...

Quote:

The school that Denise worked at posted a comment.

Press Release: Mrs. Denise Martin
December 17, 2007
Douglas Public Schools

On the "Survivor China" television program that aired on December 16, 2007, Mrs. Denise Martin, an employee of the Douglas Public Schools, stated that she was demoted from her position as a cafeteria worker upon her return from taping the show. This statement is false. In fact, Mrs. Martin held a full-time position as a custodian prior to her participation in the series, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. Mrs. Martin was granted - at her request - an unpaid leave of absence so that she could participate in the "Survivor" program. We were pleased and excited to support Denise, and have enthusiastically cheered her on throughout the duration of the show.

Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.

Regretfully, the Douglas Public School District was inaccurately portrayed as failing to be accommodating to an employee during what the District viewed as a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity. This is far from the case. On the contrary, we granted all requests made by Mrs. Martin so that she could participate in the "Survivor" series. Since Mrs. Martin was on an approved leave, her position was held open for her, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. As a District, we make every effort to support our employees, and will continue to do so.

Nancy T. Lane
Superintendent of Schools

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply