Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: I'm NOT throwing in the towel on this show!; Cannot give it up!
Topic Started: Sep 23 2007, 09:48 PM (2,377 Views)
King
Member Avatar

That's THREE storylines - thank you very much! LOL.

And if you like two of the three, it's not so bad.

That's the problem with Umbrella storylines. If it sucks, you're screwed because the whole cast is involved. Fans wanted a big Umbrella storyline. Hoagie tried to give it to us, he just didn't write it well enough, but he's trying to give us what we want, at least.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I would much rather have a HW who tries to give us what we want but isn't completely successful than a HW who sucessfully gives us exactly what they know we DON'T want (and I think we all know who I'm referring to).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King and Mason....excellent point.

Fans asked for more adventure and umbrella takes and he at least made an attempt. Hogan listened to fans enough to do that much.

I think Hogan is fine for the job. He just needs help and hopefully he gets that help.

Ridge
Member Avatar

This is hardly an umbrella storyline. It may seem like that but it doesn't fit the bill. Umbrella storylines feature ALL of the cast, (and not sitting around reading letters), an umbrella storylines features a minimum of 8 major characters with major ramifications to the outcome. The only ones that have been constantly threatened by this Andre thing are Sami, Lucas, EJ, what maybe Bo, Roman, Kate? And those were a drop in a dime kind of thing. This storyline involves the Bradys and DiMeras but features only a small amount of them.

A true umbrella SL like Cruise of Deception featured 3+ couples, each with their individual stories being featured saliently and an outcome that affected each of them-- Isabella and her father; Jack and Jennifer being together and most importantly, the climax of the story which affected the whole canvas: Hope's death. The SL did not revolve solely around Bo and Hope it featured all of this couples and its outcome was then spread out to affect each of them and the rest of the canvas individually. Sami and EJ getting married will have no affect on the rest of the canvas. Furthermore, they are ending a vendetta that for a while didn't even exist since the Dimeras were being repressed.

Mason

We know it's not a successful umbrella story, we're just acknowledging that it is Hogan's attempt at one.

Tammy
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 23 2007, 10:37 PM
I sometimes wonder if we all watch more to analyze and criticize rather then enjoy.

But it is hard to enjoy when there isn't anything on the screen that you want to watch.

It is true that I mainly watch for J&M... but I also watch the show as a whole... and latley the WHOLE of it seems to center around like 5 people.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply