Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: 10 Things Hogan Can Do; to make the show better
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 12:41 AM (1,087 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

You make a valid point, Phoenix, but I don't think death is the major impact that is needed to turn the show around, especially when the death could be one half of the show's (arguably) most popular couple.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2007, 09:13 PM
You make a valid point, Phoenix, but I don't think death is the major impact that is needed to turn the show around, especially when the death could be one half of the show's (arguably) most popular couple.

Well, it doesn't have to be John. I just think it needs to be a known character and not someone on recurring or someone predictable like Shawn Sr. I just feel it's the only way but who knows. They may have something else up their sleeve to up the ante and, if so, that's good. The show needs to take some sort of risk or make some kind of change to get it going.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

How do you suggest they make the death real? 'Cause I agree that it's necessary, but I have trouble seeing how it's possible.

I'm thinking they'll have to use a character on-screen to act out the disbelief viewers like me will feel. That's part of why I'm hoping they'll kill John if they do one of the core four- I'd love to see Belle/Madison play out those scenes.

Which reminds me- I think Hogan needs to incorporate the alternative perspective on screen a bit better than he does. Like Reilly would have Jan snarking on Belle and Shawn so that haters like me could still watch and be pulled in. Give some balance in that aspect, especially when things are being hammered as hard as, say, EJ/Sami.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Sep 24 2007, 09:19 PM
How do you suggest they make the death real?  'Cause I agree that it's necessary, but I have trouble seeing how it's possible.

I'm thinking they'll have to use a character on-screen to act out the disbelief viewers like me will feel.  That's part of why I'm hoping they'll kill John if they do one of the core four- I'd love to see Belle/Madison play out those scenes.

Which reminds me- I think Hogan needs to incorporate the alternative perspective on screen a bit better than he does.  Like Reilly would have Jan snarking on Belle and Shawn so that haters like me could still watch and be pulled in.  Give some balance in that aspect, especially when things are being hammered as hard as, say, EJ/Sami.

Good point. Someone has to make the point about how death has been a mockery in Salem (well, not Zack's but still). They just need to acknowledge it and I think they have to milk the death for all it's worth, In other words, play all the beats and make it the saddest thing ever because there has to be a ton of finality to it.

I also agree with the rest of your comments. I always liked when we had a character or two that would bring in the fans' point of view on a story, couple, etc.

King
Member Avatar

I have noticed the spoilers are more discreet since E.S. came on board. So that helps with the suspense and intrigue, but the stories have to catch up with it and actually be suspenseful in order for the vague spoilers to be effective.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Exactly, King.

The spoilers have been improved, as have the promos even though it seems we may not be getting them all the time now.

It's the stories that need work and I think that is what is coming next.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I love Jeremy and Stephanie. She is a woman who probably thinks she is her mother incarnated, loving the wrong guy and standing by her man. Shelley has grown as an actress and made me a believer so watching her go through this with Jeremy is very interesting. They are the best couple right now.

Send Shawn away. I do not like this guy at all and my stomach turns whenever he is mentioned or appears on the screen. I squirm to think Belle would allow him to touch her even in the tiniest way.

Get Belle a doctor to sweep her off her feet.

Get rid of Jett. He is an awful actor and ruins every line he speaks and the way he emotes.

Keep Marlena and John off screen.

Give Steve an adult emotional disposition for a change.

More Nick and the boys and more Maggie.

More Horton's and more elegance.

More Lexie and Abe.

More Roman and Lauren with Tony and Anna.

wickednana
Unregistered

sami: agree..end the whimpy whimpy whimpy ..she is not a heroine..it does not suit her and makes two fanbases upset!

ej: he finds he is the father of the twins, and as a dimera he wants custody, and has the power to get it..only he also has feelings that run deep for sami..will his efforts at being a good father win her over?

lucas: end the lumi..put him into a story such as he is spearheading the sec investigation against ej with a beautiful washington investigator..but realizes if ej goes down so does mummy..and he falls in love with the sec agent!

3. bo and hope-wow..having another baby is limiting but they attempt to dismantle the dimera and kirakis empires, putting them in imminent danger from both sides

4. john and marlena: bring back isabella end the madness..stefano has had her alive all these years! marlena should fall in love with stefano..it is her destiny!

5. patch and kayla: she begins to run a clinic in the poorest section of town, and he is security

6. lexie and abe: find tek lexie needs another desk romp to shut her crying up, then have celeste console abe..they were good together

7. roman/anna/kate .....let the best woman win

8. tony/stefano/andre...tony should get a gay lover, he is such a good dancer, and dresses so well and days needs to get over the fear of a gay storyline..tony is urbane and could carry it off like no other! ..stefano should get marlena as i said above..andre..should be our resident evil

9. phillip/belle/chloe/shawn....philip belle and chloe should be a menage a trois..shawn could be tony's gay lover

10. chelsea/nick/max/stephanie/abby..just switch partners once a month who cares anyhow?

i think it would be a good fit overall.. :drunk:
Quote Post Goto Top

Ridge
Member Avatar

Awesome topic!

NUMBER 1- Stop writing for his favorites and write a show that fans overall will want to watch. Hogan has openly stated the characters he likes and he has openly written for them SOLELY. In the recent IWBASS episode, Hogan kept clamoring about his friend Blake Berris. I like Nick, I know many people do, but his friendship for Blake clearly shows on the screen. Hogan will never make DAYS successful show if he doesn't forget this because DAYS fans have always watched the show for an ensemble. When that changed, the ratings of the show did too.

Number 2- Write inspired stories. None of his stories have proven to be interesting at all. Most of them come off half assed with brief plots that seem like he was cumming at that point he wrote it and otherwise he was uninspired. Every single storyline he has penned has been a complete and utter dissapointment on every angle, character involvement, character growth, storyline execution, etc.

Number 3- Respect the history of the show. Hogan, like many of the previous HW, has disregarded a lot of history ignoring key aspects such as Stefano's obsession with Marlena, ignoring aspects of the stories HE WROTE HIMSELF (Violent angry Phillip who hated Belle), etc.

Number 4- Stick to what he says in interviews. MOST if not ALL of what Hogan has said in his interviews has been completely erased. Be it his own doing or someone elses, Hogan is taking the flack for it and his reputation is slowly being tarnished with the year closing. Nothing he has said has actually worked on screen.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DaysFanJean
Sep 24 2007, 08:36 PM
More Horton's and more elegance.

You know...that would be nice. I've never thought about it before, but it would be nice to see some elegance on the show- a nice, big event where everybody's all dressed up. I get that they don't do those things for budget reasons, or something, but...it would be really nice.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Everyone in here has covered what I would like for the show, but I will add some anyway in no particular order....

Realistic romance, not corny kissy kiss face that Lucas and Sami do. How about some actual love scenes. Why didn't Chelsea and Nick have an actual love scene, Chelsea's first time could have been a big event.

Some big events, when was the last time DAYS had a massive event, like Greta's Coronation, Hope's Mother of the Year Party, just something similar to those 2 past events.

Actually use the entire cast, especially the Big 4 and Suzanne Rogers. Either use Renee Jones and Tanya Boyd or get rid of them. Just use much better balance, while limiting the use of the early 20/late teen set.

Have Sami go back to her own ways and not become some instant herione. She can be bad and or fiesty without acting like a scheming teen. Either go with Ejami or dont.

Get some writers who know DAYS history and have him or her coHW with Beth Milesten

Tammy
Member Avatar

Hmmm my list could be lenghty lol!

1. QUIT! (sorry but that is #1 in my book lol)

2. Write interesting and complelling sl's for the vets. They are beloved characters for a reason. They have history (even though most of it is being re-written) and they are developed.

3. If you are going to write for teens make it about things that teens actually GO THROUGH. I don't of many teens that are out running of to Vegas and smugling people into the country.

4. Give the show some balance. I know people love/like Sami... I enjoy her myself... but cheese and crackers other people live in Salem too!

5. And for the love of the Soap Gods... do people WORK in Salem? I would love to see people at work. I mean the only people I see going to their jobs in Salem are the waitresses at the Pub or the Nurses at the hospital. I mean lets see Marlena trying to cure some of the crazies in Salem... there are more than enough to go around!

6. I beg of you... QUIT making the Salem Police complete idiots! I mean when is the last time they solved ONE crime or caught ONE criminal? I am so beyond tired of seeing police officers who dont know their ass from their elbow!

This is all I can think of but I am sure there is more lol!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply