Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT General Discussion Thread; Sept. 24-28
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 01:52 PM (742 Views)
oakdalelover

Discuss! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

P.J.

Sweet Jesus, what a cheap looking wedding! KIM HUGHES shows up late? WHO are these people kidding??? *snort* I don't see how the photographer could get decent shots of the wedding, with the preacher standing in her way. Couldn't they at least have taken the time to block the scenes so they'd make sense?

Icky icky poo...that's my opinion of the wedding.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Well the run ended today for me. Although today had nice moments, it ended the great run for me. ATWT had 7 great shows in a row and one mediocre one. Hopefully tomorrow gets better.

GL beat it hands down today.

Winterguy125

It was an ok show, did not really leave me feeling like I would want to tune in for another show if I was a new viewer. I really don't mind these one storyline shows all that much, but today's was not done well at all, it should have been much more dramatic, that is the only time I want a whole show going to one storyline. The good points for the show would be seeing the happy couples of Henry and Vienna, Tom and Margo, and Bob and Kim that was nice.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Carly's imminent death is now the center of the show. <_<

I'm more interested in the other stories (except for Sofie). I'm CarJacKack'd out.

Yeah, the wedding was pretty bad. That banging kitchen door grated.

oakdalelover

I agree that it was the cheapest wedding I had ever seen!Where was Nancy? After the heart to heart were Nancy gave Katie the pearls Chris gave her they didn't invite her??

As I watched today I was reminded of the article in this weeks Soap Opera Weekly where Terri bashed CarJack fans. Did anybody seeit?

She tells Carolyn Hinsey:

"I don't read my mail and I don't read the internet anymore because it makes me mad.Carly can do no wrong and Katie is the bitch in all of this?"

Do you think she came here and at SON,LOL?

".......I don't care if Carjack fans hate me anymore. People are flawed .I'm over it."

Carolyn said"It is so weird like if Carly and Jack don't end up together then the Carjackers have lost....."

Terri said:"Right!You should write an article on the psychology of that...."

I won't copy it word for word here,I will give a link.

It sounds like the actress is not happy if she isn't the center of attention just like the character she plays.

Click on the link in the message.
Link to article

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought it was a big oversight that Nancy wasn't there either. The only reason the show uses her is to pimp Katie and then the one important moment in Katie's life she is not there.

Pissanante and her wisdom strike again. I guess they think fans don't want to see Nancy that often. Or that it might make the younger fans ill at ease to see her that often. After all no one wants to see an 80 year old woman on TV anymore.

P.J.

oakdalelover
Sep 24 2007, 10:01 PM

As I watched today I was reminded of the article in this weeks Soap Opera Weekly where Terri bashed CarJack fans. Did anybody seeit?

Saw it...bitched about it...hope Teri leaves the friggin' show. I'm so over her and her entitled way of thinking. She's a second tier actress who ought to be grateful she has a friggin' job, who benefitted from YEARS of ardent fans backing her "romances" with hot (somewhat acting challenged) guys, not bad-mouthing any part of her show's dwindling fan base. And I hope Hinsey burns in hell. :soapbox: :tink:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I missed today's show except for the last 15 minutes. I had my own soap opera going on. I'll post about it later in the Torture Chamber.

The last of it looked pretty good. Maura West is still rocking it. She is so adding to an Emmy reel for next year, but so are so many actresses right now. If the Emmy's vote right it could be one of the strongest Best Actress races in a long time.

P.J.

*sniff, sniff* Friggin' Carjack RAWKS!!! I'm so sad about Carly, and so deliciously anticipating Katie's heartbreak, it's like I've got a split personality.

Ugh..otoh, end the nightmare that is CregPro's story. Unless their goal is to make Paul the asshole and Craig the good guy. But still...END IT.

kelli_blue
Member Avatar

P.J.
Sep 25 2007, 10:43 PM
and so deliciously anticipating Katie's heartbreak

I CAN'T WAIT for Katie to feel the pain. She's not perfect either, and has REALLY screwed up in the past, but is being made a saint right now, so I'm looking forward to a little fall from St. Katie. :clap:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

If you read my fan fic and have already read Episodes 19-21, go back and read the 3rd reply. It's a bonus scene between Dusty/Aaron/Sofie.

Soapsuds
Unregistered

I loved the Nuke kiss today! :cheers: The rest of the show was boring.
Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

I noticed the orange is disappearing from Al's Diner. I have never liked that orange color. I also noticed the liquor bottles too,LOL! In a diner????

I don't like Cole and Sofie. I don't care if they get back together and he accepts the baby. Get them off the screen. Now! PLEASE!

I love Cady McClain.I wish they would use her with Lucinda to get the company back,like Na'Vell is doing in his fanfic,As Worlds Collide!

Luke and Noah just need to get a room! It might be better for Luke's safety and well being! :D

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I didn't get to watch live today and just watched my tape. This was the best show all week for me. It's back on the trend again after 2 slow days.

I am actually back to liking Gwen in her scenes when I don't have to look at her every day. I am enjoying her more. See JP and Goutman balance means a whole lot.

I am so in love with the Paul/Rosanna/Meg/Craig stuff. It was great today. I am loving Craig scrambling like he does. I am so happy Cady is back.

The end was great with Winston seeing Luke and Noah. That was a good cliffhanger. Like I said in another post getting Luke & Noah involved in the other stories helps me like it alot.

I still wish if they were going to go the str8 guy trying not to turn gay route, they should have just went with Kevin. ATWT fans knew him - yet knew nothign about his family. It could have easily been created for this story. At least all the characters wouldn't have been new.

Really good show overall today. And sorry Ron but Luke/Noah was not the highlight. They were part of the ensemble.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Loved Nuke but was bored by the rest. The quad of Paul/Meg/Ro/Craig may be even more boring than Sofie/Cole and that is saying something. What a waste of talented actors.

Winterguy125

The only way I am going to be able to like Paul/Ro/Craig is if they go back into business where they belong, this talk of the baby switch stuff is crazy, that ship sailed 2 years ago, I don't need to hear about it again. As for Sofie and Cole I will never be interested in them, they are like watching paint dry. I agree with Steve that it is nice not seeing Gwen as much, but I found her to be very boring on Wednesday's show, but I think that had more to do with Sofie than Gwen, I have a feeling that anyone that comes in contact with Sofie will be boring. The balance was great on Wednesday's show which is good, but the stories that were in the balance were boring. I was even falling asleep during the Nuke scenes until the last two scenes, where it finally picked up, over all the only part of the show that was good was the last 5 minutes of the show, when the boring quad picked up a tad and woke me up, and then the Nuke kiss with Daddy watching.

I will say though that Ro for the first time seemed to finally wake up from her coma, that was nice.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Now today is the boring episode to me. Nothing has caught my attention at all. Maura is fantastic as usual but this is doing nothing for me today.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Not the best show today, but those Carly/Parker scenes were so touching.

oakdalelover

ITA about the Carly and Parker scenes. I knew they would be good.

Maura is racking up potential submisions for her Emmy reel!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply