Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 02:03 PM (2,521 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Posted Image

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

FINALLY this week is here. I haven't hated this feud storyline as much as some people, and in fact have enjoyed a lot of it but I have to say now that it appears we are coming down the homestretch I am ready for them to just wrap this up.

Some random thoughts...

I will be so glad when this show doesn't have the word, vendetta, appear in scripts at least 30 times a week. Because at this point whenever I hear them say it for some reason I wind up singing that "Umbrella" song to myself except it's Vendetta-etta-etta-ay-ay-ay and I don't even really like that song so yeah... I'm definitely ready for this to be over. Especially knowing that the Vendetta-etta-etta-ay-ay-ay "isn't important at the end of the day" to Hogan Sheffer so I just have to roll my eyes when I see him put words in Sami's mouth as if it's the most important thing in the world.

I'll also be glad with this storyline being over if it means no longer having to see Sami on the verge of tears at all times. Do you think if we banded together and sent some Johnson & Johnson No More Tears baby shampoo to the studio they would get the hint? Sami is a fierce beeyotch, not a crying basketcase. I don't care if she is a bajillion months pregnant and living her life in constant fear of herself or her loved ones being killed and tormented over her feelings for a man who isn't her husband, crying jag Sami is not what Sami fans want to see. (Of course Sami haters don't want to see her at all, but I would imagine if they do have to see her they would rather see her not crying all the time also - folks, feel free to correct me on this if this is an inaccurate assumption)

The Max-Chelsea convo was interesting. I like the Max-Chelsea friend chemistry (and it's so nice to see anyone on this show interact just as friends since those relationships just aren't hardly explored at all any more these days) but this Stephanie-Max storyline is just annoying for me. NOT because of the incest but because of the way that the show has completely forgotten what a douche Max was to Stephanie as played by Shayna Rose. I mean, I didn't even like her Stephanie, but for the continuity of the stories it's just obnoxious they gave Chelsea the dialogue "First there was Mimi" not only forgetting the Steph history but Max's with Chelsea too. Ugh. And Max is such a player and Stephanie is so fickle she just comes across as a slutty insecure pathetic doormat with her feelings toward Jeremy and Max in constant flux. I think Shelley Hennig is doing the best she can with the material, but writers are doing her character no favors IMO.

Oh poor Steve getting stabbed. It's good to see the Johnsons all together getting through it though.

Loved the Abe-Bo stuff and especially Peter Reckell's face after hanging up the phone with Abe. That was just brilliant. And yay for Andre being back! LOL at "Don't be greedy" during his scene with Sami. But wtf with the grenade? Does he just carry those around with him just in case? And another non-fatal explosion? Said it before, I'll say it again. HS must have the attention span of a gnat. But I do have to admit that when Bo opened the door and all the smoke came out that was the coolest and most realistic explosion I've seen on "Days" during this entire storyline. So thanks, Ed Scott! The nighttime looks beautiful too!

OMB is such a wimp. This storyline has really made me hate the character of Shawn Brady and trashed it beyond repair as far as I'm concerned. He just really really sucks for being so selfish and such a coward in keeping the secret. I hope he dies before this storyline is through. And dang they sure reopened the Pub pretty quickly after its explosion and Andre trashing the place didn't they? How many days are supposed to have elapsed since Stefano's funeral? Which I thought was the same day the explosion at the Pub happened? Hasn't it only been one day?

Days4Life
Unregistered

I didn't fault Sami for being weepy today. She's scared and frustrated and desperate and evidently the only person in the family who's interested in searching for Roman. It was kind of glaring that no other family members were there at the Pub with her as it should have been command central for the civilian search efforts.

I liked seeing Bo and Abe working together today. The explosion was a cool effect and Bo was extremely lucky that he managed to find that portfolio! I'm still loving crazy Andre and since I'm hit and miss on spoilers I was surprised when he showed up at the Pub with his proposition for Sami. You'd think this would be an easy choice for her but evidently not...so I think Sami is going to have to finally quit lying to herself about her feelings for EJ.

I love Chelsea and her smart mouth, but she shouldn't be giving Max love advice when her own love life is such a mess. Stephanie needs to work through the whole Jeremy situation before any thought is given to a relationship with Max....her UNCLE MAX! I wish the show would address this issue because unless and until they tackle it, I'm going to continue to be hung up on it. At least acknowledge the possible ick factor instead of treating it like any other love triangle.

Grandpa Shawn is sure a stubborn old SOB. When he left the Pub, I hope he's going where I think he's going.
Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Sep 24 2007, 02:04 PM
I will be so glad when this show doesn't have the word, vendetta, appear in scripts at least 30 times a week. Because at this point whenever I hear them say it for some reason I wind up singing that "Umbrella" song to myself except it's Vendetta-etta-etta-ay-ay-ay and I don't even really like that song so yeah... I'm definitely ready for this to be over.

Damn you, now it is my head!

Steve- how did he make it to the hotel with that stab wound? I was very surprised when he was on the other side of that door. The Johnson family were fantastic today. Steve still grilling Stephanie even in the condition he was in. Steph offering to watch Pocket was one of the nicest things she has done.

Bo & Co. Not surprised that Lucas and EJ ended up in the alley. I was however surprised that Lucas told Bo not to give Andre the gun, while EJ disagreed. Andre taking the two hostage was also a surprise. I liked when he went to the pub to see Sami and she didn't know who it was. Why would he give her prior notice? Testing her to see if she would inolve the police.

Grandpa Shawn needs to spill the beans already. sure he is ashamed, but my goodness enough is enough. Sami was right that the family forgives her, what happened was 50 years ago.

Overall I think today had great dialog, acting, and suspense. I can not wait for tomorrow, the previews looked good.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Days4Life
Sep 24 2007, 03:22 PM
I didn't fault Sami for being weepy today. She's scared and frustrated and desperate and evidently the only person in the family who's interested in searching for Roman. It was kind of glaring that no other family members were there at the Pub with her as it should have been command central for the civilian search efforts.

I was thinking the same thing. They all have been talking to one another about Roman being missing. As well, its evident Bo is searching off and on. Aside from that, there has been no focus on finding Roman. Its as if the Brady's have come to the realization that the Dimera's are undefeated.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I daydreamed through all the Santeen saga etc. The only thing I enjoyed was Stephanie, Kayla and Steve with Abe thrown in. Chelsea and Max irritated me to pieces. She was just like the Abby that I thoroughly loathed messing in other folks business.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

OK episode. Tired of EJ always butting into Sami and Lucas' scenes but that's just me

Jonatha

I can't say enough about Thaao lately. I know how absurd the whole vendetta story is and how unbelieveable the character of Andre is. But I never, ever want to take for granted what Thaao can do with any material that is thrown at him. His scenes yesterday with Ali and Peter just blew me away. Even if we viewers can't understand what's going on, it seems that Thaao gets it, and manages to pull it off astoundingly well.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ArizonaDaze
Sep 25 2007, 12:35 PM
OK episode. Tired of EJ always butting into Sami and Lucas' scenes but that's just me

Theres no way of really helping that. He is majorly involved. I tend to think of it as Lucas getting in Sami and EJ's business, since its no shocker that the show is leaning towards a Sami and EJ pairing.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Unfortunately you are right Jinxed! Jonny, you are so right about Thaao what a fabulous job he is doing.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I like Jeremy and Nick hanging out together...they're kind of like the "Odd Couple". I also had a 60 second rule for my kids brushing their teeth (we had a timer), and they have never had a cavity. Nick's a good dad!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's Thaao's acting, to be sure, coupled with Ed's production values, that make me ACTUALLY scared of Andre this go 'round (as opposed to Andre during the SSK).

It's all so gloomy and scary and Thaao (I'm probably spelling the name wrong, right?! What an unusual spelling!) hits it out of the ballpark EVERY-FUCKING-TIME.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Sep 25 2007, 01:49 PM
It's Thaao's acting, to be sure, coupled with Ed's production values, that make me ACTUALLY scared of Andre this go 'round (as opposed to Andre during the SSK).

It's all so gloomy and scary and Thaao (I'm probably spelling the name wrong, right?! What an unusual spelling!) hits it out of the ballpark EVERY-FUCKING-TIME.

You spelled it right, JoSeF! And ICAM with you all about Thaao's awesomeness.

As for today's show...

Another flashback attack episode today. Still, I thought it was pretty good and I can honestly say I enjoyed every single scene of this show. Don't know if the show was better or I was just in a better mood watching it, but whatever. I'm happy. :D I really liked the family interactions (Sami-Uncle Bo, Stephanie-Steve, cousins Nick and Jeremy) and seeing Doug and Julie again. It's been a while.

Also, for the first time in a while, Chelsea and Nick shared scenes and I didn't feel like Chelsea was being THAT bratty and I could see myself starting to like Chick again. And I loved Jeremy's snarky comment about how he couldn't put up with Chelsea for even one day. LOL. Trevor has really grown into this role and Jeremy is really growing on me. Seriously if they just cut Jett out of the equation I could totally dig the younger set right now.

I enjoyed the Stefano confrontation too and am so glad to see him out of his wheelchair. But I'm curious if now that he has that liver does he not need the stem cells anymore?

I liked the random shots of Roman in the coffin interspliced in things acknowledging the poor guy is still in there.

And I seriously can't help it any more. I love Artemis and Demarquette! They are adorable. And Nick's interactions with them are always fun. I don't really see what the point of this story is, yet somehow I am still enjoying it especially now that China Lee is gone. Guy kicking ass in Panama hat >>>>>>>> than yet another ex-hooker blackmailing Nick.

Sami-Andre was good and Andre was fun and creepy as ever. It's weird, because this scene sort of reminded me of when EJ made Sami come to meet him at the cabin and I don't know if that was intentional or not. In any event, I'm glad Andre is making Sami deal with her feelings for EJ even if this whole thing is sort of messed up, but I just appreciate that he is helping us all move this triangle storyline forward. Thanks, crazy psycho! Although I am confused and intrigued by some mixed messages being sent out by Andre in all of that where at one point he talked about how EJ isn't actually a reformed DiMera yet he also hinted that maybe EJ didn't shoot John Black as he clarified a reference to the shooting as "or so your family maintained." The sheets at the end were kind of lame looking, but from what I understand there were some issues with filming around this time where Bryan and James weren't available the Saturday they were shooting this because the show decided to let Bryan attend Martha's wedding and James attend a fan event, so I don't think that's too big of a deal.

The only bad thing is... the elephant in the room with Stephanie and Max's scenes NEEDS to be addressed! I don't care about the adoptive uncle-niece stuff as long as they write the awkward into the storyline, but when the show tries to just brush it aside and ignore it *I as a viewer* cannot ignore it because I am just sitting their thinking oh Steph's Uncle Roman is missing and that's Max's brother. Or they talk about Grandma Caroline and I am just thinking, oh that's Max's mom. Ugh. Fix it, DOOL. Oh God. And now Stephanie is comparing Max to her dad when she has been comparing Jeremy to her dad too. Not that I think it's unrealistic for this show to give a character like Stephanie daddy issues, but jeez, incestuous undertone overload!

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm a little confused as to how Stephanie thinks Max is so much like her dad...I would say Jeremy is more like him. The whole Stephanie/Max/Jeremy thing is just so messy and convoluted. She loves Jeremy, she doesn't; she wants to have sex with Max, she just wants to be friends; they are uncle and niece but the show ignores it. Definitely the worst part in a show that I very much enjoyed today.

I'm having so much fun being creeped out and scared by Andre. Thaao is doing a great job of playing a real villain this time around and not a cartoon supervillain. I'm glad Stefano is up and walking around; he looked so handsome and distinguished today--the cane was a nice touch.

IMA, I'm also wondering about Andre's curious remark about EJ shooting John. For a long time I didn't think he'd done it, then I seem to remember him admitting to it once, and now I'm back to wondering if someone else was the shooter. I hope that soon this is settled once and for all. Andre also doesn't seem to accept that EJ has reformed--or is he lying to Sami to confuse her? Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm shocked to realize that I'm really liking Jeremy lately. I think he should get this police business straightened out and become Nick's roomie. They have a nice dynamic between them. If we could just get rid of Jett, straighten out the Max/Stephanie situation (writers, at least acknowledge the relationship between them!), and balance out the air time better, I'd be happy with the younger cast right now.

Good to see Doug and Julie and so glad they have the LAST batch of letters. I also found Panama Hat Guy mysterious and interesting and hope we get some real info on the boys and who they are/who they are hiding from.

Good week so far.

Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Monday and Tuesday so far have been great. I saw Wednesday's episode and it is pretty good as well.

I am in the minority of those who enjoyed the Santeen story, but I am glad the end is here. I feel it is time for story to change on the show and am glad to hear October/November is going to be BIG months!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

hey guys im on vacation in London right now sitting in an internet cafe..thanks for keeping me posted on Days..the vacation is amazing so far, but i have to say i do miss the show..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

LMAO! Check out this banner from the NBC boards!

Posted Image

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I love that banner!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Roman Thomas and COLLEEN Marlena? :puke: :puke: :puke:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I will comment on the week thus far and then today's.

Loving this week.

Nick and the kids is a good story and I like the way Chick has been written this week. Like the panama hat guy for some reason. Also liked the Chelsea/Max interaction and seeing Max and Stephanie with Stefano yesterday was nice. It's about time we start dragging the whole canvas into this.

I was also glad it seems like Max and Stephanie are nothing more then a plot point to make Steph realize she loves Jeremy no matter what. Hogan shouldn't have gone back down the incest route but at least it had a purpose.

Bo/Sami scenes were good. Loving Andre. Thaoo is amazing. The explosion Monday was well-done.

Today was very good. I was happy with how the Colleen stuff turned out because it shows why she is being driven to the edge. I know I am in the minority but this does make sense IMO and I enjoyed it today. Little Shawn broke my heart.

Drake looked and acted good today. For the first time in awhile, I liked him onscreen. Glad this is the end of the letters.

I also liked seeing Andre call attention to Sami's concern for EJ and how he toyed with her about EJ's misdeed. All around good scenes.

I also liked seeing Jeremy come to the rescue. I am liking him lately and the redemption story is pretty good for him.

Good ending with Roman.

A little heads up for tomorrow...the Colleen stuff looks like it's being played out a bit backwards as they go into her finding out about Santo lying first and explain how it happened on Friday. It seems to play out good though.

The big thing I noticed for tomorrow is that Stefano's obsession with Marlena is acknowledged!! He says that he planned to marry Marlena to end the Vendetta but knew EJ was meant to end it upon seeing his resemblance to Santo. This kind of goes along with how Stefano forced EJ to impregnate a Brady when he first returned. Maybe he hoped that would tie EJ to a Brady so he could marry her and end the vendetta. Makes sense but I am happy they mention it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply