Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 02:03 PM (2,468 Views)
Days4Life
Unregistered

Very good show today. And I'm loving the Nick/Chelsea/Jeremy scenes. I'm sensing some possible abuse in Jeremy's past--maybe at one of those private schools he was complaining his parents dumped him in? Something has definitely made him sensitive to children being hurt/taken advantage of, and I like seeing this other side of him.

Those scenes with Roman left ME struggling for air. I'm glad he's finally been dug up, but I assume it's Andre and he has some other nastiness planned.

That boy who plays Young Shawn is a heartbreaker. He looks so sad! And poor Colleen is about to get her own heart broken....but I'm still not convinced Young Stefano was telling the truth about his mom. I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's confrontation between Stefano and Shawn Sr. Even the preview looked intense.

Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Awesome show today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hypnotoad

Edited by Hypnotoad, Apr 10 2010, 04:01 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

:wave: at everyone. I had to take a brief hiatus after all the negativity and terrible ratings surrounding DAYS, but I decided I would post some because the show has been really stepping it up the last 2 or 3 weeks.

IMO a lot of that has to do with Ed Scott. With him around the episodes seem to flow better and the sets, lighting and realistic feel of the show just make each show more enjoyable. A few examples of DAYS being more realistic that come to mind was when Lucas was tied up in a car and DAYS actually showed two real dogs outside the car. That alone made the show for me because I was so used to ridiculous special effects with Wyman(anyone remember the Tiger from the SSK SL). On Monday's episode the explosion looked great and on todays show when Sami fired the gun at EJ the gun actually smoked and sounded like a real gun. I know these things I am mentioning are minute, but to me it seems like someone behind the camera is actually putting forth effort and that goes a long way for me.

Joe M. and Thaao have been awesome lately and can't wait to see what Andre does next in Salem. I wish I hadn't read ahead fro the rest of this week because I would have been very surprised. I am spoiler free startign next week. I just hope DAYS continues to be this good on a weekly basis.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Wow is all I have to say Dave because you are usually critical of the show and rightfully so. It must be good! Glad to see you around.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Awesome! I can hardly wait to see it! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I alluded to this in the daily Days thread too and I will repeat myself here.

People wondering about why Stefano and Marlena's history has not been mentioned will love tomorrow.

They also are showing us Colleen reacting to Santo's lie first and Friday it seems we see her finding out about the lie so it plays out a bit differently then I expected.

Tomorrow's ending is heartbreaking and it sets us up for a fantastic Friday for sure.

I feel the tide has turned.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good to see you, Kirk.

Keep posting, buddy :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Hey Dave :wave:

Thanks for the heads up! I missed today's episode, and will miss tomorrow, too. But, I will watch the late-night repeat, then.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I just got done watching the day-ahead. WOW.

While I'm sure the quality of this episode will sadly get lost in the shuffle of all the fanbase and ratings-based freakouts tomorrow on most message boards that aren't here, this is some damn good soap right here.

:hail: Ed Scott.

And Hogan, I just have to shake my fist at you because if only you would keep your mouth shut and let the stories speak for themselves you wouldn't drive me so damn crazy. :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That is why I don't let what Hogan or anyone says in the mags influence what I think until I actually see the stuff play out. Usually, when we all think it is going to turn out bad, it ends up good and vice versa.

The Santeen stuff is playing out much better then stated and I had a feeling it would.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Awesome. I will make sure I am watching!! :)

Mason

Can't wait to see it!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I LOVED today's episode. The Colleen-Santo stuff and the Andre-Sami-Lucas-EJ stuff was well done and I loved that in the midst of Sami's talk about Lucas's "unconditional" love that they showed Andre rolling his eyes!!! LMFAO. I was rolling my eyes with him.

The kid who is playing Young Old Man Brady is a really good actor. Because I don't think I've ever hated a child character more than I hate YOMB for all his crying and interfering and sniveling in this story just to keep his sister from getting laid by the hot Italian guy. But at least we now know with certainty where the Bradys get their simpering sanctimony from. ;)

Trevor Donovan was fricking AWESOME! I hope they keep Jeremy gray and kinda badass renegade like this. After the past two days, I've decided I could totally get into this college age set if they just end the Chett madness and send Jett far, far away. And I think it would be fun if they made Jeremy and Nick "odd couple" sort of roommates.

The only thing I thought was kind of bad was the spray-in fake gray hair and beard made Pete look like a guy dressed as a hobo for Halloween or some high school kid playing an old man in a play.

Overall though, this was really great and tomorrow should be even better. :D

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Roman is killing me. I nearly suffocate to see him like that. Thank goodness the grave was opened at the end of today's show. I just want to see him recovered and back in action.

Wow, is Nick showing integrity and moral fibre. Good for him. Will Jeremy stick around now and try to work through his misdeeds? He knows Nick and Chelsea and Stephanie will be for him and even Kayla.

Who are these kids? How long before we know what is going on.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DFJ, who opened the grave to let Roman out? I missed that episode.

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Sep 26 2007, 10:53 PM

Trevor Donovan was fricking AWESOME! I hope they keep Jeremy gray and kinda badass renegade like this. After the past two days, I've decided I could totally get into this college age set if they just end the Chett madness and send Jett far, far away. And I think it would be fun if they made Jeremy and Nick "odd couple" sort of roommates.

ITA. My feelings about Jeremy have done a 180 recently, and I love the idea of Jeremy and Nick as roomies. Jett needs to go, though. He's not liked and not needed and I see no chemistry between him and Chelsea. Nick/Jeremy/Chelsea--that would be a great triangle!

Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Days4Life
Sep 27 2007, 11:09 AM
Nick/Jeremy/Chelsea--that would be a great triangle!

Chelsea hates Jeremy so much. She has been concered for Stephanie all this time while she was with him. Call me crazy, but I can't see Chelsea changing her views of him, hence causing a triangle amoung them.

King
Member Avatar

I really love the Chelsick/Jeremy stuff this week.

I really hate the Andre stuff.

DAYS is great this week though.

King
Member Avatar

Shawn/Stefano scenes were great today.

Letter scenes sucked, but that's four month old news.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply