Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 02:03 PM (2,541 Views)
Days4Life
Unregistered

Jinxed Soul
Sep 27 2007, 10:40 AM
Days4Life
Sep 27 2007, 11:09 AM
Nick/Jeremy/Chelsea--that would be a great triangle!

Chelsea hates Jeremy so much. She has been concered for Stephanie all this time while she was with him. Call me crazy, but I can't see Chelsea changing her views of him, hence causing a triangle amoung them.

I would have said that, too--before this week. After seeing Jeremy defend the boys the way he did, she seemed to soften a little. Before that, she was going to call the police and turn him in; afterwards, she changed her mind. Remember her comment to Nick--"Was that really Jeremy Horton?"
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

O

M

G

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's ending really shocked me. I was expecting the casket to be empty. I knew what happened was going to happen, but I definitely did not read a spoiler saying it was going to happen like THAT!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Sep 27 2007, 01:18 PM
O

M

G

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's ending really shocked me. I was expecting the casket to be empty. I knew what happened was going to happen, but I definitely did not read a spoiler saying it was going to happen like THAT!

I haven't seen this episode yet but now you've got me really excited!!!

I've been looking forward to a true OMG moment on this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Days4Life
Sep 27 2007, 01:46 PM
Jinxed Soul
Sep 27 2007, 10:40 AM
Days4Life
Sep 27 2007, 11:09 AM
Nick/Jeremy/Chelsea--that would be a great triangle!

Chelsea hates Jeremy so much. She has been concered for Stephanie all this time while she was with him. Call me crazy, but I can't see Chelsea changing her views of him, hence causing a triangle amoung them.

I would have said that, too--before this week. After seeing Jeremy defend the boys the way he did, she seemed to soften a little. Before that, she was going to call the police and turn him in; afterwards, she changed her mind. Remember her comment to Nick--"Was that really Jeremy Horton?"

I'm gonna have to catch up on that episode. The last one I saw was Monday's Canadian episode.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Holy Hell! Today's episode is amazing.

I got chills when Stefano and OMB were placing blame on one another for the death of Colleen. I also did when Abe and Steve were talking and the show cuts for commercial just as they put it together that Roman was in the coffin.

There were some lol moments. When Stefano told OMB that maybe he has gone a little to far over the years.

I am not surprised Santo's wife was still alive, I was shocked when Stefano said he didn't know he was supposed to lie.

Now for the WTF moments. Why did Santo tell YOMB that he would be like the brother Steffie never had? Doesn't he have 6 other brothers. Also, why would Stefano marrying Marlena end the Vendetta. She is not a biological Brady.

No I have to wait for the last 10 minutes of the show because someone changed the station while I was taping.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

The look on Luca's face when he flashbacked to his wedding to Sami was upsetting. Followed by the discovery of Benjy in the coffin, I still have chills from that even though I knew that is who they found. I got teary for Steve.

Can't wait for OMB to spill, Finally!

I saw happiness and sorrow in EJ's eyes when Stefano told him he got what he wanted, to be married to Sami. Happy he is getting the girl, but sad because she wants nothing to do with him and wants to be with Lucas.

I think I am going to watch the show again. :lol:

King
Member Avatar

Oh, and thank you, Bryan Dattilo, for not being annoying! First time in 8 months!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Well, as everyone said, this was simply a fantastic episode stuffed with soapy goodness. I can't think of anything I would want done differently. And how fantastic is it that this happened after Ed Scott was there so everyone and everything looked so damn pretty!

Where to begin...

I wish I had the power to nominate Joseph Mascolo for a best supporting actor Emmy right now. Command performance today. Then again I could watch this man read the phonebook and be content (especially when he got to the Rs!). Frank Parker did well too with what was required of him. That graveyard confrontation was so awesome. And I love Stefano's cane! I wish they had got him one sooner.

I know most people hate the letters, but I'm personally going to miss all the supercouples just sitting around and getting together like this when they are over. As weird as it sounds to make note of it for as few lines as he had, I felt like Drake brought more energy to the letter scenes than he has on other days.

One fun side effect of Roman being missing has been more Abe. It's good to mix it up every once in a while and let him do some of the police work, not just the Bradys, and I liked him being there with Steve. And it was such an amazing moment when it started out with Steve consoling Abe when they thought it was Roman but then... it was BENJY!!! EEK!

The EJami/Lumi drama today was probably the best damn thing this triangle has produced since it started. Bryan Dattilo's defensiveness at the hospital with Bo and Steve and then quiet rage when talking to Sami was exactly pitch perfect. I don't feel bad for Lucas that he is losing Sami since I don't think those characters belong together, but I can like this Lucas that we saw today, if that makes sense. I can root for this Lucas to get other things that aren't Sami in a way that I couldn't when he was just yelling all the time and either being a controlling bully or aloof lapdog and Lumi scenes have grown about a 1,000 times more tolerable for me since Ed Scott took over. Ali just rocked it when Sami was talking to EJ and telling him they would marry but that one little tear crept down her cheek and then she started to cry a little but then she pulled herself together and said she'd meet EJ outside. I liked how she was obviously pissed about being cornered when talking to Stefano, but she still was trying so hard to feel in control and come into the marriage on her own terms because that's the feisty beaten but never bowed Sami I love. This shrew will NOT be tamed! Colleen's resignation when telling Father Mallory she would take her vows was heartbreaking. I also really liked what James Scott brought to the show today. He was very subtle as EJ, I thought, and I liked that because I honestly have no idea what he is up to and I'm dying to find out. I thought there were little hints that EJ may be up to something or have something up his sleeve in his sly smile after he left the warehouse and after Stefano told him he'd won, but there was also something else there in those moments and in his talk with Sami that made it clear that for as cocky as EJ tries to be there is still vulnerability because even if he gets to marry Sami he knows he still won't have her heart right now. Santo was shady in trying to bribe Shawn, but while I thought the character sounded just like a slimy douchebag based on the spoilers I felt like seeing it on screen that James struck just the right notes of desperation in his talk with YOMB that I could sort of understand where he was coming from, even if what he was doing was wrong.

And I'm so happy the writers made a mention of the Marlena-Stefano stuff. They didn't make a big deal of it, but they mentioned it and that's all I ask for because that has been a huge elephant in the room from the beginning for me with this whole EJ and Sami stuff. Yay for Jodie Scholz. I don't know who the hell she is or how long she has been at DOOL or what her history is with the show but I feel like she gets it (and she writes Sami the best of anyone) and I don't get that sense as much with some of the other script writers. Because Jodie was also the one who incorporated the Roman/Marlena/John stuff into that talk Marlena had with Sami last week.

BRAVO, DAYS OF OUR LIVES! Keep it up!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Great episode today!! WOW! :hail:

Deleted User
Deleted User

:hail: Wow!

Brilliant show. Nuff said.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

That was a brilliant episode. But I can't help feeling sad that he vendetta is coming to an end. Really, Stefano's softening. I mean, whoever thought they'd see the day when Stefano DIMERA would lament not being able to be raised as Shawn BRADY'S brother? Strolling down memory lane? Being genuine? There will be NO place for good Stef on this show, I fear. But perhaps that's their plan, to save money.

At any rate, the Santeen stuff is finally a HIT. I mean, I'm loving every second now. The folio thing didn't let me down as I thought it would. Excellent twist -- and what a memorable way to bring a bona fide supercouple-in-the-making together.

Haven't watched Friday's episode yet but as crazy as it sounds, I just think Shawn killed Colleen accidentally with his toy truck. WHY ELSE would he be obsessed with (and opposed to) them? Maybe he played with it and it fell off the cliff so he went after it and Colleen, trying to save him, runs off the cliff herself? :unsure:

Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

At any rate, the Santeen stuff is finally a HIT. I mean, I'm loving every second now. The folio thing didn't let me down as I thought it would. Excellent twist -- and what a memorable way to bring a bona fide supercouple-in-the-making together.

ICAM, FINALLY they reel me in. And Friday's Santeen scenes are even better.

Days4Life
Unregistered

So we are to assume that Colleen killed herself, just because her habit was laying on the ground by the cliff? Sorry, but I've watched DAYS too many years to believe it. People who have been autopsied and donated their organs are still alive and walking around Salem so why should I believe Colleen is dead?

Doubts about Colleen's "suicide" aside, I liked today's show. Even the sorority stuff was pretty good and superficial Stephanie actually had some decent insight into Chelsea today! I'm going to try to keep an open mind with this Salem U storyline; after all, it can't possibly be worse than Touch the Sky.

I was practically on the edge of my seat with the Santo/Colleen story today, because I had managed to avoid most of the spoilers so didn't know how it would play out. I actually thought Stefano was lying and his mother really was dead, so I was surprised when Santo admitted to it. And I suppose Colleen could have actually killed herself in a moment of despair--I think her decision to become a nun was her family's decision and not the life she wanted for herself--but it doesn't ring true. What if she just ran away, discovered she was pregnant, had the baby and then died--and the baby grew up to be John Black? Makes more sense to me than a devout Catholic girl committing suicide.

The scene where Steve covered Benjy with his coat and laid down beside him was simply heartbreaking. But now I'm afraid of what he will do next!

This has been a great week for DAYS!
Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Friday's show.

I thought the filler of Steph and Chelsea wasn't that bad. It is nice to see them without the guys. I also liked how the sorority sisters and Steph spoke of Chelsea's fear of regection. It is something that hasn't really been mentioned that much.

Steve with Benjy was so sad. You can really feel Steve's pain. I am excited to see where this heads.

I liked the Santeen thing today. Very impressed. I I liked the scenes. Whether they were showing OMB speaking while they showed what was going on w/Santeen and then when they would only play music. Especially at the end while Colleen ran from the church.

It wasn't the best episode of the week that would have to be Wednesday or Thursday, but today was good.

Steven Nichols and Joe Mascolla have been power houses this week.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

When Colleen was taking her final vows and then ran out of the church... I thought those scenes were beautifully done.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Yeah, I loved the way those scenes were done!
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Could you read the expression on her face? To me it was that she realized that she could never give her heart to the church but knew Santo owned it. There is no way she could have jumped from that cliff and there be no body. It was too far in distance from the water and the water was too shallow.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

One thing frustrates me about Colleen's death. Why wouldn't they have searched the water to find a body? It seems they just assume that she killed herself. I firmly believe Colleen is still alive. I don't want it that way, but I'm convinced that's exactly what is going to happen.

Mason
Member Avatar

I haven't seen Friday's ep yet, but DAYS has been on FIRE this week!

Thaao continues to do a great job as creepy-as-all-hell Andre, and Joe is hitting all of his scenes out of the ballpark as Stefano.

And I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but...for the first time ever, I've actually been able to tolerate Jeremy and Shelley Hennig's Stephanie. I agree with those who have said that if the show would just ditch Jett, the younger set might actually be salvageable (assuming their screentime is toned down just a bit from what it has been).

Thursday's show in particular was amazing, one of the best episodes all year. Based on the spoilers, next week looks like it's going to be awesome as well. DAYS just does not deserve the atrocious ratings it's getting because it is so so good right now.

And I can't say enough about Ed Scott's work. The show's looking more beautiful than it has in years!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

On sorostitutes: Alpha Chi Theta? Like OMG! Alpha Chi Theta. Get it? ACT! Ugh. This show never misses a chance to get in a stereotype does it? Why am I not surprised the Asian chick was the smart one? Still, I liked Jamie from her RW season so yay for DOOL casting a RW person I actually liked. Chelsey Brady is Chelsey with a Y? I didn't know this. I always thought it was ChelseA. While my GDI heart enjoys any and all skewering of Greek life, especially from the snarky mouth of ChelseY Brady nee Benson, I hope there is more to this story than what we saw today of ChelseY's fear or rejection and Stephanie's desire for approval. Because I wish they would give these college kids some more depth. I really think they're all up to it. Well save Jett anyway. *I will try to give this story a chance* *I will try to give this story a chance*

Oh God Steve! You're breaking my heart cuddling with dead Benjy. Benjy's death isn't your fault, Steve! It's Bo and Roman's for their stupid plot to arrest EJ and keep him from willingly donating his liver so that Andre would wind up cutting it out of Benjy and setting this horrible mess in motion. I know they'll never admit it but it was their fault. Not at all yours, Steve.

The final day of Santeen was pretty damn good I thought despite Pete's graybeard being distracting and how much I loathe YOMB for his interference. Gosh Santo was really a dumbass for the way he promised he would never lie to her and especially not lie to make her feel better when he was doing that the whole time and yet... and yet... I still kind of see where he's coming from with his talk about wanting a chance for them to be together and make their own choices outside of the plans made for them by their fathers. I heart the scriptwriter for putting the word "eejit" in Colleen's mouth. Even if it wasn't "right-lookin' eejit" I am still quite happy nonetheless. Thanks, Meg Kelly! And OK maybe it's the fangurl in me but I totally cried when Colleen was taking her vows. I can't remember the last time DOOL made me cry quite honestly. Kudos to all the actors, writers, directors and composers who made that scene happen. I know a lot of people hate Santeen and are probably celebrating it being over, but I can't stress enough how much I'll miss getting the chance to seeing the DOOL supercouples just hanging out together like this. Because they're sort of like the DOOL Super Friends for me. LOL.

Hope they can carry the momentum into next week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply