Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Sept. 24
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 02:03 PM (3,915 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

I will comment on the week thus far and then today's.

Loving this week.

Nick and the kids is a good story and I like the way Chick has been written this week. Like the panama hat guy for some reason. Also liked the Chelsea/Max interaction and seeing Max and Stephanie with Stefano yesterday was nice. It's about time we start dragging the whole canvas into this.

I was also glad it seems like Max and Stephanie are nothing more then a plot point to make Steph realize she loves Jeremy no matter what. Hogan shouldn't have gone back down the incest route but at least it had a purpose.

Bo/Sami scenes were good. Loving Andre. Thaoo is amazing. The explosion Monday was well-done.

Today was very good. I was happy with how the Colleen stuff turned out because it shows why she is being driven to the edge. I know I am in the minority but this does make sense IMO and I enjoyed it today. Little Shawn broke my heart.

Drake looked and acted good today. For the first time in awhile, I liked him onscreen. Glad this is the end of the letters.

I also liked seeing Andre call attention to Sami's concern for EJ and how he toyed with her about EJ's misdeed. All around good scenes.

I also liked seeing Jeremy come to the rescue. I am liking him lately and the redemption story is pretty good for him.

Good ending with Roman.

A little heads up for tomorrow...the Colleen stuff looks like it's being played out a bit backwards as they go into her finding out about Santo lying first and explain how it happened on Friday. It seems to play out good though.

The big thing I noticed for tomorrow is that Stefano's obsession with Marlena is acknowledged!! He says that he planned to marry Marlena to end the Vendetta but knew EJ was meant to end it upon seeing his resemblance to Santo. This kind of goes along with how Stefano forced EJ to impregnate a Brady when he first returned. Maybe he hoped that would tie EJ to a Brady so he could marry her and end the vendetta. Makes sense but I am happy they mention it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

I alluded to this in the daily Days thread too and I will repeat myself here.

People wondering about why Stefano and Marlena's history has not been mentioned will love tomorrow.

They also are showing us Colleen reacting to Santo's lie first and Friday it seems we see her finding out about the lie so it plays out a bit differently then I expected.

Tomorrow's ending is heartbreaking and it sets us up for a fantastic Friday for sure.

I feel the tide has turned.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Good to see you, Kirk.

Keep posting, buddy :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

That is why I don't let what Hogan or anyone says in the mags influence what I think until I actually see the stuff play out. Usually, when we all think it is going to turn out bad, it ends up good and vice versa.

The Santeen stuff is playing out much better then stated and I had a feeling it would.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar

Loved the show. This week was great all around. Best full week since the Lumi wedding.

The sorority story started out well. Rachel was great today and loved Chelsea's attitude and how we delved a little into her rejection fear, The girls at the house were well-casted and could act. Not too bad.

The Santeen scenes played out great. Loved the slow motion and music. I am one of the few who could buy this as a realistic reason for the feud and it played out as great as I thought it would. Good job by all and Frank Parker showed me alot this week. Nice seeing the vets alot this week too.

SN was great at the cemetary. The jacket scene was heartbreaking. Loved seeing Abe too and Jim was great as well.

All around a great week. I think the tide has turned

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply