Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SuBe & PSNS Actresses Have "Coastal Dreams"; JER Writing the Online Soap?
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 05:35 PM (1,079 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Here is the link to watch the trailer (It's Excellent!!!)
http://www.nbc.com/coastal_dreams/intro.shtml

Set in the idyllic town of Pacific Shores, "Coastal Dreams" follows two twenty-something friends who hoped to escape the doldrums of their everyday lives, but soon realize their lives are at stake. Zoe and Stacey have been friends since high school and travel to Pacific Shores for a relaxing summer of beach-going and boy-watching. Zoe soon discovers a dark family secret and receives a visit from someone in her past that may end the summer on a deadly note.

The series stars Danica Stewart (NBC's "Passions"), Tanee McCall("Hairspray," "Starsky & Hutch"), Elena Campbell-Martinez ("Passions"), Kam Heskin ("Sunset Beach," "Passions," "Catch Me If You Can"), Charlie Koznick("Veronica Mars"), Ken Luckey ("Las Vegas", "E-Ring"), and Noah Schuffman.

"Coastal Dreams" is a 24 episode experimental soap produced by NBC.com, which will feature interactive events (users will receive mobile text messages, phone calls and/or emails from characters) throughout the season. The show will also take advantage of NBC.com's social network, myNBC, which will tie into episodes with daily updates and in-depth back-stories on the characters. The show site will also include behind the scenes videos, a larger, more cinematic video player, an original soundtrack and a WAP site (m.nbc.com/coastaldreams), for users to enjoy on the go.

iVillage, the leading community of women on the Web, will also be supporting the launch of "Coastal Dreams," offering a special sneak preview of the first two episodes to its passionate user base a week before the series October 2nd debut.
-------------

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I've read on the NBC message boards that JER is the creator and head writer for the show. I can believe it, seeing as it has a dark supernatural element to it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Can someone explain "experimental soap" to me?

Could NBC be experimenting to see if it would work as a new hourlong soap?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm excited for it. Based on the previews, Danica Stewart doesn't look that bad.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fuck, I doesn't work for me. I think it's because I'm Canadian. Let's hope it goes on youtube soon lol
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I might check it out sometime, but the fact that Danica Stewart is a lead is a BIG deterrant for me.

King
Member Avatar

I love Danica Stewart now. LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Sep 24 2007, 06:12 PM

LoL...you don't mid if I ask WHY, do you?

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Is Danica still with Passions?
Also, who is Elena Campbell-Martinez ("Passions")?

I think by experimental soap, they are refering to airing soaps on the internet instead of on Network/Cable tv. If it catches on they will sign up for more than 24 episodes that are planned.
I could be wrong though.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

When I first heard of it, I wasn't sure about watching it. But if JER is the creator/writer, then I'll DEFINATELY be watching it!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Nixsoaps
Sep 24 2007, 07:32 PM

She has played the ER Nurse for the last few years

Posted Image

King
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 24 2007, 06:25 PM
King

I've liked her for a while actually. I started a LOVE thread for her in the summer.

I dunno. She's just improved. I enjoy her.

Mason
Member Avatar

Improved? From WHAT?! :lol:

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 24 2007, 08:23 PM
Nixsoaps
Sep 24 2007, 07:32 PM

She has played the ER Nurse for the last few years

Posted Image

Thanks!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King
Sep 24 2007, 09:24 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 24 2007, 06:25 PM
King

I've liked her for a while actually. I started a LOVE thread for her in the summer.

I dunno. She's just improved. I enjoy her.

I agree Mike

She's no Meryl, but she ain't no Charity Rahmer either.

She's a decent actress.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, y'all must have seen something I haven't...

Scott
Member Avatar

I remember Danica Stewart when she was on GH and she was awful, so all she could do from where she was, was improve.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

:lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Danica has had some better moments this past year so, yeah, I guess she has has improved. That isn't saying much because she sometimes falls back into the awful category too.

This looks interesting. I will check it out for sure. I love seeing Kam in this. I fell in love with that girl when she took over for Mac.

King
Member Avatar

I dunno, Mason, I just don't hate her. :lol:

According to IMDB, the writer and creator of Coastal Dreams is Rick Draughon whose credits include, Y&R, DAYS, and SUN.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Draughon was on JER's writing team because I remember him on the Days team I believe.

Interesting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply