Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM (3,115 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Discuss away!

Female Stars
Melanie Brown with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Sabrina Bryan with her partner Mark Ballas
Jennie Garth with her partner Derek Hough
Josie Maran with her partner Alec Mazo
Marie Osmond with her partner Jonathan Roberts
Jane Seymour with her partner Tony Dovolani

Male Stars
Helio Castroneves with his partner Julianne Hough
Mark Cuban with his partner Kym Johnson
Cameron Mathison with his partner Edyta Sliwinska
Floyd Mayweather with his partner Karina Smirnoff
Wayne Newton with his partner Cheryl Burke
Albert Reed with his partner Anna Trebunskaya
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I've been flipping between this and NBC, and enjoyed Marie and Jane's performances. I missed Jennie's performance though. It's kind of nice watching without Samantha Harris co-hosting...... :lol:

King
Member Avatar

I caught Jennie Garth's performance. She was so good and super sexy.

But then I changed. I refuse to get sucked in. LOL.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

WOW!!!! Who was that Cheetah girls chick? That was AMAZING!

Best performance - most energetic. I don't want to like her bc I don't know her as well as I know the others - but I can't help it - that was GOOD.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^ITA, Andy, Sabrina was HOT!

All the girls, minus the model(poor Alec!) were actually pretty good.

:wub: JG and I hope she goes far.

Jane looked beautiful and did really well, IMO. Marie also suprised me.

Mel B was kinda cute, and I love her partner Max, LoL.

Can't wait to see the guys. This year is already starting out tough!

Best part of the night though, was at the beginning when the stars and their partners walk down the stairs. Cameron tripped and almost fell, :lol:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I wasn't planning on watching but our ABC affiliate chose not to air the show. They aired Tennessee Titans football instead. A rep said the football brought in better ratings.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Strange, I thought DWTS was top rated in all it's seasons.

I loved the show tonight except it was a little hard to see Drew take Samatha's place. It should have been a woman. Those two reminded me of Jimmie Kimmel and Guilermo....pitiful. Love Drew, but not as co-host.

OMG. what a little energetic fireball Sabrina is. She is by far the best of the women tonight and I expect ... all season.

Mel was next.

I thought Marie was next, due mostly to her showmanship and personality.

Jane was so elegant. I just loved her and so I placed her next.

Jennie was so nervous that it wasn't really a good performance, but she has possibilities so she will hopefully be more relaxed next week.

Definitely Josie was last and unless a male dancer is worse, she will be going, in my view.

All the male professionals were so HOT.

I voted three times for Sabrina and three times for Jane.

Kudoes to DWTS to limit votes to six per email addy, text messg, etc.

Jonatha

DaysFanJean
Sep 24 2007, 10:50 PM
Strange, I thought DWTS was top rated in all it's seasons.

I loved the show tonight except it was a little hard to see Drew take Samatha's place. It should have been a woman. Those two reminded me of Jimmie Kimmel and Guilermo....pitiful. Love Drew, but not as co-host.

OMG. what a little energetic fireball Sabrina is. She is by far the best of the women tonight and I expect ... all season.

Mel was next.

I thought Marie was next, due mostly to her showmanship and personality.

Jane was so elegant. I just loved her and so I placed her next.

Jennie was so nervous that it wasn't really a good performance, but she has possibilities so she will hopefully be more relaxed next week.

Definitely Josie was last and unless a male dancer is worse, she will be going, in my view.

All the male professionals were so HOT.

I voted three times for Sabrina and three times for Jane.

Kudoes to DWTS to limit votes to six per email addy, text messg, etc.

I loved seeing Jane! She was great. 56 years old with a bad back and she's out there! Go Jane! Marie did a good job, her personality gets her through anything. The little firecracker, Sabrina from the Cheetah girls blew me away. I've never seen a first dance as good as that. Can't wait for the guys tonight.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

Cameron Mathison did pretty good - his dance is my least favorite kind - so I can't wait to see him to the cha-cha or something more fun. Foxtrot = boring.

Albert Reed is my man though - GOD he was HOT! Did you see that entire video package? You could totally see his REAL package during all his practice scenes....I think he wears pants and no underwear like that on purpose ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Surprised by Sabrina Bryan, she was good even though a little overweight. She was the best of the women. I thought all the women were good. I even thought Josie Maran was better than what the judges thought. My faves Sabrina (although I wanted to hate her), Marie Osmond, Jennie Garth & Mel B & Jane Seymour.

Of the men.... I thought Floyd Mayweather should NOT have been last. He was pretty good. Cameron Mathison also was good as was shockingly Mark Cuban (whom is so weird and evil looking imho). Wayne Newton did better than expected. Albert Reed was good.... I think he looks at least a decade older than he is --- 22.

Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I was blown away by the guys. Following the great debut with the women, I didn't know if they could top them, but I have to say, they were just fabulous. How difficult to try to rank them. I do think Helio earned the top spot so I voted for him and I swooned and dream of seeing Albert all the way through LOL...he did promise the shirt was coming all the way off in the finals. I wanted to vote for Floyd, but he has some settling in to do. I think he can do it.

I still think Josie will go and also think she knows it.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I didn't think Sabrina looked overweight at all, she's such a cutie, and I wasn't wanting to like her either.

The men were good tonight. I still think the woman had a much stronger night, but I was impressed with the men.

Albert, :swoon: :wub:, I heart him already, LoL ~ Those Hips!! That package!! :lol:

I thought Floyed was too cocky and obviously not the best dancer. I wouldn't be suprised or sad to see him, Josie or Mark Cuban go.

Helio was a cutie and can definitely dance. He'll be around, IMO.

Cameron wasn't half bad either. I'm sure he'll stick around for awhile as well.

Too cute with Wayne Newton! Even though he isn't the best dancer, he's an entertainer, so I hope he's around for a bit.

kelli_blue
Member Avatar

I think out of all the dancers, Josie should be the one to go. She gave the weakest performance, IMO and probably has the lowest fanbase.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Josie going was no shock. She had zero fanbase and was horrible. Plus, she was forgettable and the Foxtrot is a boring dance. Everything was against her. The judges were harsh to her and you could tell she was holding back tonight. I wonder if Alec telling fans to vote for Cameron and Edyta was because he was Kelly's partner in season 1 and he wants fans to support the soap star. It's either that or he wants Edyta to win because she has been on every year and never won. I was shocked when he said that.

I will rank the dancers and provide a brief view on them now that they all performed:

1.) Sabrina (a little unfair she is here since she can dance already but definitely the best so far with a big fanbase. She is in the finale for sure)
2.) Helio (has a partner in Julianne who built up quite the fanbase with Apolo last year and will get the guy vote because he is a racer. Danced really well and has great potential.)
3.) Floyd (Got robbed by the judges and has the ability to be great. His one downfall could be his partner, Karina, who often times can be a turn off to fans.)
4.) Jennie (She has a nice grace about her and has the potential to be solid once she loses the nerves. Good chemistry with her partner too.)
5.) Mel (Very much like Laila Ali and even treats Max the same as she did. The problem is Max's personality can also turn fans off and she may be too similar to Laila. Plus, she is kind of forgettable and a big issue is whether people still know who she us. Definitely has talent though.)
6.) Albert (Impressive but a little too cocky and sexy moves like that will only get you so far. He doesn't have a fanbase either so that could hurt. On a side note, nice seeing Anna back.)
7.) Marie (Nice charm and love the personality. She adds flair and is fun to watch. I think she will have major trouble with latin though.)
8.) Jane (Like Marie, nice charm and very genuine but latin will give her fits, especially with a bad back.)
9.) Wayne (Not bad and looked real nervous. Cheryl's fanbase alone will get him far. Not sure how much he can do though so it's not the best partner for Cheryl.)
10.) Cameron (Not impressed at all. He has good chemistry with Edyta but was very stiff. Has potential but he needs to show some more flair and technique. His schedule may catch up to him too.)
11.) Mark Cuban (Poor Kym. On a positive note, he showed a different side of him. I don't think he is a complete jerk anymore. It's also tough with him having a hip replacement. Good effort but he is terrible and I think many people are turned off by his basketball-related antics and it showed tonight with him nearly going home so I think he could be next to go unless people start voting for him just to see if he will amusingly insult the judges at some point.)

I like how the pros are matched up well height-wise with the celebrities. I also love Drew as co-host. I don't want Samantha (I will take the microphone back before your finished" Harris back. Loved the results show with Kenny tonight and them splitting up through the show who was staying. I actually like splitting the men and women up too but I don't think it will work out the rest of the way.

Can anyone tell me what dance the judges wanted an encore of? I missed the first 15 minutes. I am guessing it was Sabrina's, right?

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It was Sabrina and Marc. They were not as fired up as Monday night but still gave a good performance.

I was shocked that Marc Cuban was in the bottom two. He wasn't the worst of the men, in my opinion. I just figured it was that most voters thought he had a huge fanbase and voted for others.

Floyd cuts a great figure on the dance floor but he had no grace. If Karina can get the boxer out of him, he will be fun to watch.

Country music is not for me, but I admire Dolly Parton's ability to entertain and give her all to it.

The tap dancers had unusual shoes, actually lace up boot and green ones LOL. I was more involved with their production than the tap dancing. (How do they do that????)

The first week of DWTS was great :)

KMan101
Member Avatar

All of these people are actually pretty decent and each have very different fan bases. If they can all keep up the decent performances, this season will be VERY hard to predict.

I think Mark and Kym could be out next but then after that ...

Albert was much more enjoyable than I expected.

Jennie and Derek come off to me as the unexpected surprise. They did well but she can do better, I think.

Wayne has a massive fanbase. Cheryl does too. They'll be around for quite a while.

Floyd and Karina have potential.

Jane and Tony are a great couple. I hope they last and last and last.

Mel and Maks have potential too.

Marie and Jonathan were also quite good. Marie was very endearing.

I do wonder ... do you guys think the dancers have more of an effect on the outcome than they used to because almost all of them are past favorites and they must have fanbases.

God this will be a TOUGH season.

I know it's early but F6:

Wayne/Cheryl
Jennie/Derek
Karina/Floyd
Helio/Julianne
Jane/Tony
Sabrina/Mark

KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh and Sabrina was AMAZING. That was such a good performance!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Whoops, but I could see Marie/Jonathan and Cameron/Edyta lasting a while too. Soap fans obviously are quite loyal. He might outlast Floyd and Karina if they can't get it together and become a more solid couple.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Alec and Edyta are newlyweds, so I was glad he gave a shout out to his wife, though I wish they would mention that they are married on the actual show.

So far I'm rooting for Sabrina and Helio.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

So far, my top two are Sabrina and Helio, too. I also think Albert has a lot of talent and maybe he should tone done his dashing sexual good looks and just dance in order to stick around longer. I couldn't care less if Marc is a billionaire bionic man, he danced much better than that and holding his ability to make money over him is personal. He talks about making money the way anyone talks about what they do. It's his life. I'm in a bind. I thought Floyd looked fantastic on the floor, but his aggressive appearance was against him. If he can't tone that down, he really should be next to go. Karina is a good coach so I hope she can get him to see where he needs to work and we see results next week.

This is such a good group.

I have a link for Drew's show with Carrieann and Bruno:

http://www.myspace.com/carrieannvsbruno

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply