Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM (3,085 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DWTS’ Mark Cuban: Save Me!

Savvy billionaire businessman and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban knows how much fan support can mean to a team, which is why he’s using his blog to try to secure votes for his Dancing with the Stars team with Kym Johnson.

On Blog Maverick, Cuban writes that he realized after Wednesday night’s results show that, with he and Johnson in the bottom two, “now everyone thinks we are the ones to go next week.”

“Going out there on the stage as the different people were being ’saved’ to dance another week, and then people with lower scores (than us) were ’saved,’ I realized that Kym and I might be in trouble,” Cuban wrote.

“When they called out Josie’s name, I honestly didn’t hear it. I was looking at my family. My brother stood up and gave me the thumbs up and I realized that it was OK. We had survived another week. That set off another set of emotions. I was happy. I was mad. I was upset.”

And he was compelled to hit the blog, where he also writes that he and Johnson have vowed to work even harder for next week’s dance-off.

“Hopefully people will rally to support us,” Cuban wrote. “I know that Kym and I will be working harder than ever. We have practice scheduled for first thing (Thursday) morning. We have a great Mambo routine worked out to a fun song.”

On a blog post the night of his performance, Cuban (who had promised to include fun dances like the lawnmower and the sprinkler in his routines) also gave a shout-out to fellow DWTS contestant Jane Seymour—and her famous Wedding Crashers performance.

Seymour, by the way, is blogging her own DWTS experience, including the reaction of her mom, a DWTS fan who inspired her to go on the show, to her graceful performance Monday night.

“I spoke to my mom this morning in the nursing home,” Seymour wrote about her mother, who’s in a nursing home in England after suffering a crippling stroke.

“I told her that my son Johnny, her grandson, had said after my performance that he felt that angels were around me and that the angels just transported me around the dance floor. That was how I felt and I told my mom that she was my angel and was inside my heart when I was dancing. Apparently she smiled and nodded and she feels she was with me.” —Kimberly Potts

Linked
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

OMG, I felt so bad for Jennie and her partner when he slipped and fell. Didn't seem to hurt them to much with the judges though, so hopefully the fans keep her around.

I definitely think Mark should be the one go. He's just out of his league, IMO.

Loved Helio again, what a charmer, LoL!

Will be interesting to see who goes tomorrow.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

I felt bad for Jennie too! You could tell she was so torn up about it.

Sabrina again was AMAZING!

Albert Reed is sooooo hot and cute and fun. He's my new mancrush for sure. Clay who? (Newport Harbor...lol)

King
Member Avatar

I put it on twice tonight, once during Mark's dance and once during Albert's dance. Both seemed really off to me. The music didn't fit in either instance. It was too slow or too fast or something. It was just...off.

SweetNYGal
Unregistered

AndyAMC
Oct 1 2007, 10:26 PM
I felt bad for Jennie too! You could tell she was so torn up about it.

Sabrina again was AMAZING!

Albert Reed is sooooo hot and cute and fun. He's my new mancrush for sure. Clay who? (Newport Harbor...lol)

Sabrina was amazing, but I knew Lenny was going to dock here...Just the vibe I got from him that he's only somewhat impressed by her.

Sabrina is going to do well because Mark Ballas is a great dancer....Same with Julianne and Helio

Mark, Julianne and Derek all have danced together for many years, so they all know one anothers dance patterns at some point. Mark Ballas and Julianne Hough have been dance partners for eight years.

I think the next to go will be Wayne
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I think Wayne should be the next to go, however he obviously has a large fanbase. I was shocked that Mark Cuban was in the bottom two last week and will be shocked if he is this week. It depends on whether Mayflower's, Cuban's or Newton's fanbase is the largest, who will end up in the bottom two. Jenny's fall could work in her favor for votes. What an awful accident. She looked so elegant. Definitely Helio and Sabrina were the best again.

I hope Albert and Cameron are both safe for a long time, too LOL.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Jane Seymour’s mother passes away
Actress’s future appearances on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ unclear, rep says

LOS ANGELES - Jane Seymour’s mother has died, Access Hollywood has learned.

Her mother, Mieke Frankenbger, died from complications related to a stroke she suffered earlier this year.

She was 92.

Seymour released the following statement to Access:

“My mother survived incredible challenges ... her health issues that she never complained about ... three and half years in a Japanese concentration camp in World War II and the loss of her husband, John, who was the love of her life. However, she was always a beacon of love and hope for all she met and especially for my sisters Anne and Sally and for our entire family. Her spirit was indomitable and will continue to live forever in our hearts.”

Seymour, who is currently a contestant on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” is now on her way to England to be with her family and attend services, a rep for the actress told Access.

Although she danced as scheduled on Monday night’s show, her future on the show appears to be in limbo.

When asked how the news would affect her upcoming appearances on the show, her rep said, “All of those things remain unclear at the moment.”

Access has reached out to ABC and is awaiting comment.

On more than one occasion, Seymour has talked about how she was doing the show in honor of her mother.

Left unable to speak after her stroke in December, Jane’s mother was inspired to try after her daughter announced her “Dancing” destiny.

“My sister put the phone up to her ear and I said, ‘Mommy, I’ve been asked to do ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ and she suddenly tried to communicate,” Seymour explained to Access.

“And I said, ‘Mom, I know if I do this I won’t be around a lot but my sisters will be and if I do it, I hope you’ll be proud of me,’ and she said, ‘Yes,’” an emotional Seymour beamed.

:( :( :(

Linked

King
Member Avatar

OMG. :(

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

:( How sad! My thoughts are with her and her loved ones.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That is horrible :( .

My prayers are with her and her family.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

FUCK the votes tonight. I can't believe Albert Reed left. He had so much potential and was so fun and hot! FUCK the grannies at home voting for the shiteous Wayne Newton!

My prayers are with Jane and her family.

King
Member Avatar

Albert was one of the dances I saw last night. I thought it was bad. :shrug:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Albert was no shock. No one knows him and he has zero fanbase. Plus, Anna and him were bordering on annoying last night with the quirkiness. I knew Wayne was safe. He has a huge fanbase and Cheryl has one too. I am actually shocked they were in the bottom with the power of their fanbases. I don't even see them going home next week. I see Mark and Kym going because I think those that voted for him will back off thinking he is safe now.

At any event, enjoyed seeing Queen Latifah and loved Kimmel being on the results show again. Those spots are funny. I also liked Wayne's message to Jane and the classy way it was handled.

As for this week's dances,

1.) Helio and Julianne-awesome.
2.) Sabrina and Mark-very good and this is coming from someone who hates the quickstep.
3.) Marie and Jonathan-very entertaining and quite good.
4.) Mel and Max-I hate Max but they were good this week.
5.) Jane and Tony-loved them. Class, elegance brought to a Latin dance. Nice approach.
6.) Jennie and Derek-felt horrible for her with the injury. She did pretty good but needs to work on showmanship a bit.
7.) Floyd and Karina-I dislike Karina with a passion and Floyd's ego bugs me but they were pretty solid. Still think Karina will lead to his downfall in the end.
8.) Cameron and Edyta-eh. Not too good but not too bad. I saw improvement though.
9.) Albert and Anna: Forgettable and too quirky. He got attention last week with his "moves" but that set him up this week for failure because it was ballroom and it didn't hold up with last week. I feel bad because he had the tribute to his grandfather and it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.
10.) Wayne and Cheryl-About the same as last week. It showed effort but no improvement is a concern. I think Cheryl will get him going this week and keep them in it at least a bit longer. It wasn't horrible. Just not great.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

AndyAMC
Oct 2 2007, 09:07 PM
FUCK the votes tonight. I can't believe Albert Reed left. He had so much potential and was so fun and hot! FUCK the grannies at home voting for the shiteous Wayne Newton!

I know! I am mad too! Wayne Newton should be gone, he sucks! I do think he left because he probably doesn't have that big of a fanbase since he isn't well known.

He was so cute and funny. :(

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

AndyAMC
Oct 2 2007, 09:07 PM

:lol:

I was sad that Albert left too, :(

After holding my breath for Jennie to stay, I was crossing my fingers for Albert to stay and Wayne to go. He is clearly not the best dancer and Alber had great potential, IMO.

It should have been Mark and Wayne in the bottom two. Mark has no business there and Wayne just can't dance, LoL.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

The judges and Tom were very disappointed about the elimination of Albert. They made no effort to hide it and in fact tried to soothe Albert. He really didn't deserve to go over Wayne. This is one grannie who didn't vote for Wayne. He was clearly the worse dancer and even though I think he is a masterful entertainer, he didn't deserve the votes.

I agree, that Albert was annoying. As much as he is great to look at, he was too cocky and quirky.

Helio and Sabrina are my top two favorites. Mel will probably be in the top three, too.

King
Member Avatar

I can't stand Sabrina.

King
Member Avatar

I just heard on the radio on the ride home that Albert has been pretty open and honest in interviews about his dislike for Floyd.

King
Member Avatar

Awww. I really like Mark Cuban.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

King
Oct 8 2007, 07:26 PM
Awww. I really like Mark Cuban.

Me too! :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply