Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM (2,824 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I knew Marie would get in, especially with her father dying and her faining spells. Her fanbase has actually gotten bigger during her run here. I wanted Jenny too but Marie came on strong last week and added technique to her dances to add to her entertainment. She is alot of fun and I think Jenny came out of her shell to late. I felt bad for her but someone had to go and it was tough.

Mel and Max and Helio and Julianne are the best and it should come down to them but I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to Helio and Marie.

I also didn't like how Donny was on one of the entertainment shows nitpicking and critiquing every dance but Marie, who he waxed poetic about it since she's her sister. I love the Osmond's but hated that.

I also didn't like Sabrina and Mark coming back. That is something for the finale and I am sick of the mention of their elimination. They are good but it makes them seem like they are bigger then the others. I don't think it's fair and it could wait until the finale.

Can't wait for the finale.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Marie for the win!

Jonatha

King
Nov 25 2007, 02:14 PM
Marie for the win!

I would love to see Maks and Mel win. But I think Helio and Julianne will. As for Marie, she is so delightful, I think she has already won in the sense that we will be seeing lots more of her in the future. With her bubbling personality and her personal struggles, she is the Judy Garland of her generation; I see her with a new talk or variety show after DWTS. :)

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

The finale is on for one hour tonight but two hours tomorrow for the results. I think it ran overtime last year so I'm going to tape an extra half-hour.

I am so excited about tonight's show. Based on last year's excellent performances, I'm looking forward to the best yet. I hear that Mel will be next to naked LOL. Not sure that is a good thing. To me, it's between Mel and Helio and all my votes will go the best performer from tonight.

:cheer:

King
Member Avatar

Wow. That was a really bad finale. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This was the most atrocious finale of any reality show competition I have ever watched and it was indeed the worst episode of DWTS ever. How could such a spectacular season and one that was so full of talent and good competition end like this? Julianne and Helio saved this night big time. BIG TIME.

Let me start off with something that bothers me all the time since this is probably the only time I will remember to say it. Is it at all possible that Tom can introduce the band before the dances begin rather then before the first dancing couple gets judged? I feel it's distracting the way he does it and disrespectful to the dancers waiting to be judged and to the band, who deserve to be in the limelight on their own.

Now that I said that...I will start with the first round.

I did not like the beginning of Max and Mel's dance with her in her boyfriend/husband's arms. I was shocked because Max hates using stuff like that and often times calls out people who use props or gimmicks in routines other then the freestyle. However, the routine served two purposes. It showed how far Max has come in the personality department. He is very likeable this year (or was up until his comment later but I will mention that later). Their dance was good otherwise and showed why Mel is the best "pure" dancer in this competition. It deserved the scores it got.

Marie's first dance wasn't bad and I didn't think she was as sloppy as the judges said. I think she needed to do something like the theme of her first dance for her freestyle. It suits her well. I enjoyed the music and she entertained as usual. I thought the judges were far too harsh on her for her first dance.

Helio and Julianne's first dance deserved the same marks as Mel and Max's. It wasn't at all bad. Helio missed a few steps but to give him two 8's was ridiculous when he missed more steps last week and got higher scores..

Which leads me to a big beef I had with the show tonight. I know the judges came under heat last year because they inflated scores in the semis and finale last year (and did in this year's semis too) and I know they were trying to be harsh and that it is possible they are trying to position fans to vote a certain way. However, they came off horrible tonight because of their past leniency. Their judging on the freestyles was pretty accurate, except for Karrie Ann's on Helio's freestyle and Len and Bruno's blatant attempt at Mel-pushing on her freestyle critique. However, the judging on the first dance was atrocious and shameful. Marie and Helio were not that bad at all and it reeked of trying to make sure Marie stayed down, Helio got more votes, and that Mel was at the top of their leaderboard. I think that is why Karrie Anna gave a scathing (although right) review of Mel's freestyle while Bruno and Len loved it. It got her at the top and was able to succeed in convincing people she is vulnerable. I think they tried to do the same with Helio. They are trying to keep Marie out of the final two since the final two will be dancing tomorrow and they want it to be between the two remaining best,

Now, the freestyles. Clearly, the reigning champion is the only one that grasps the concept because her's was the only one that wowed me. Max and Mel pulled a Stacy Keibler and went the safe route in a routine that left me confused and sad for poor Mel, who has been the best dancer. If Max was injured, that is not an excuse because they could've made it more exciting by just making it faster and not so deliberate. They may have been going for sensual but you need to wow people with a freestyle and that missed that boat big time. Max's freestyle with Laila last year at least was fast and had excitement if not lifts and difficult maneuvers.

Marie's was just a bad acid trip. I get what she was doing and it was an original idea but it came off horrible, like Len said. She should've did what Joey did with Kym last year and started it slow like his puppet routine and made it faster. Marie is entirely too slow in all her dances of late and I wonder if it's because she is doing more technique now or maybe Jonathan was afraid she would pass out. Whatever the case, her stopping in the middle of dancing happens alot and that is a huge issue and it showed tonight. The freestyle wasn't even good entertainment. It was just plain weird. I appreciate the difficult lifts she did, especially given her age. Marie's performance tonight made me long for Jenny, who came into her own last week. I wouldn't want Sabrina here because she knew beforehand how to dance and that isn't the point of this show...

Now, Helio and Julianne...BRAVO!! THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE NIGHT!! That is a freestyle. This girl is Cheryl Burke's biggest competition and her fanbase is growing big time.. The choreography, music, creativity...perfect. A perfect dance. Karrie Ann pulled a Bruno and nitpicked about the lifts, just like what happened to Emmit. I think that was to push for more votes for them but whatever. The lifts were great and impressive for a man his size. They OWNED tonight and deserve this title. That way we can have Cheryl and Julianne with two titles battling each other next season. Helio seemed to have the biggest cheering section and ovations and Julianne has a big fanbase like Cheryl's now. I think they got it and rightfully so.

Overall, terrible night saved only by Helio's last dance of the night. I hope tomorrow will redeem this, which it should given all the stuff happening. The poor freestyles from Mel and Marie made me long for Jenny bad though. It also made me long for Cheryl, who excels at these. They need to give her a good partner next season to have her and Julianne battle it out in a finale. Now that would be a freestyle show.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I haven't even cared to watch in weeks. I have a bad feeling that Marie will win even though she doesn't deserve to the other two are way better then her but she probably has the biggest fanbase out of all of them.

King
Member Avatar

I voted for Marie, but it was busy a LOT.

King
Member Avatar

Maksim Chmerkovskiy, the dancer who’s partnered with Melanie Brown on Dancing with the Stars 5, says that Marie Osmond is using her personal problems to get sympathy and votes.

“I know first hand that there are a lot of other celebrities on the show who went through somewhat similar situations this season and they decided not to make it public … we decided not to burden people with our personal issues. I think that is why our fan base carries us through because they vote for our dancing not whatever happens in our life,” Maks told Extra. He also said, “I think she represents a lot of women out there with all their problems.”

He says that she doesn’t deserve to be in the finale. “I think Jennie was better than Marie. Frankly, I think there are a lot of other people better than Marie,” he said. But he expects that “either a cute man or somebody with a huge fan base [will win] and I think Marie has both Helio and Mel’s fan base combined times five.”

However, Maks is not above exploiting his own partner’s assets. Mel, he says, is “gonna be showing a lot of skin. The most skin the show has ever seen!”

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I agree with many of Phoenix's comments. Although I do get what the judges were saying about some of Helio's movements. But they weren't as bad as the judges were making it. Can't add much to what you said. Freestyle dances were SOOOOO DISAPPOINTING.

I too have this vibe Marie is going to win this competition like votes for Mel and Helio will cancel each other out and Marie will sneak in.

King
Member Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, I would give the free style round to Mel and Maks.

It appealed to me the best and entertained me the most.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...I couldn't disagree more.

Mel and Max did nothing spectacular and Max's comments while true are showing him to be an ass again. He took a jab at Karrie Ann too after his second dance. This is why he never wins the competition. His arrogance and attitude. It's horrible. Regardless of whether he is right or not, he needs to keep his mouth shut IMO.

Helio and Julianne's freestyle was everything a freestyle should be and then some. It had lifts, difficulty, showed moves from past dances, and was charming and fun. If they don't win on that alone, it will be a crime IMO.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Clearly Mel is the winner of tonight and thankfully, the judges saw that. Helio, while charming, entertaining, etc. made huge mistakes tonight. I loved him and Julianne, but hey, it's dancing, not personality and energy (although they figure in strongly). Mel is precision. Her steps are so in sync with Maks and they are a dream to watch. It's just too bad that Maks is a goon. He is an excellent dancer and choreographer, though, and I think in that respect, he was a perfect match for Mel. It would be a real shame for voters to not give Mel her due simply because they do not like Maks.

Marie was awful period. I have no sypmathy for her or give her credits for being 48 years old. To me, 56-year old Jane Seymour had more on the ball.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mel has been the best dancer all season but Helio one tonight. The freestyle is about more then dance. Personality and energy are key components too, as well as difficulty and risks. Helio provided that while Mel didn't.

If Mel had, she would've won the night but her freestyle was nothing but a normal dance we would see any week, just with a chair and two lifts. Nothing special. Marie's was terrible but at least they did things to make it memorable.

Helio won this night by a mile and deserves the win. I like Mel too but she didn't bring it at all tonight. Her first dance was fine but the second one was Stacy Keibler all over again. You need to take risks and need to show that you are attempting some level of difficulty and her and Max did nothing of the sort. People are voting for Mel and Max so, if Max is a goon and people dislike him, then they shouldn't vote for him and I think that may end up being the case as well.

King
Member Avatar

I don't find Helio charming or fun. I think he's really annoying actually. I'd like to see Marie, Mel, Helio win in that order, although it will probably happen in the opposite order.

And, yes, Maks sucks, which is why I said I hate to admit it, but...

Also, I can't stand Julianne.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

If Dial Idol is accurate, then Mel and Maks win. It's frightening to me that Helio and Marie are so close....sigh.

Mel clearly won tonight. Helio made huge errors. If you missed them, then rewatch.

King
Member Avatar

WOW! Really??

I would be happy with Mel. It would be nice to have a female winner again.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I rewatched twice and Helio actually had more errors last week then this week. I only saw one error in his first dance and 0 in his second.

DialIdol has been accurate but remember we still have online and text votes and that doesn't account for everyone. Plus, you have the judges score and another dance tomorrow for the top 2.

I would like a female too. I was a Marie fan all season but she got too annoying tonight and started plugging her personal shit and she was very rude to the judges tonight too. Even the fans in the audience seemed to turn on her as there was little clapping for her. I also recall how rude Donny was on one of the entertainment shows last week where he nitpicked about everyone but Marie.

Max went back to his rude self tonight too. Mel is great but she had one dance and one that was boring and a freestyle needs to be exciting and needs to take risks. Helio's first dance was ok and his second was superb and exciting. It was what a freestyle should be but we'll see tomorrow night.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Helio and Julianne did have the best freestyle tonight by a long shot IMO, but overall I think that Mel should win this. I don't really care either way though. I like them both. I just don't want Marie to get it. Maksim can be arrogant and come across as an asshole sometimes, but he is so hot that I don't care. :wub:

As for Marie; she is funny and entertaining, but isn't that great of a dancer. The freestyle was so so bad, but I wasn't impressed with her first dance either. She has never "wowed" me.

Jonatha

DaysFanJean
Nov 27 2007, 01:07 AM
If Dial Idol is accurate, then Mel and Maks win.  It's frightening to me that Helio and Marie are so close....sigh.

Mel clearly won tonight.  Helio made huge errors.  If you missed them, then rewatch.

Jean, I checked dial idol as soon as I woke up this morning, great minds. It looks like Mel and Maks won. I thought the final was the worse I've seen except for the Helio and Julianne final freestyle. I've come to think that the everyone was extremely tried out because there wasn't any umph in it at all. I think also the free style held them down a bit as is looked as if the guys were having a hard time lifting the girls. They are bigger ladies than Kelly Monaco was, for example. Her partner was able to throw her all over the place in the finals. Overall I'm happy if Maks and Mel won.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply