Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM (3,033 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Does anyone know why it was crammed into an hour? For a show that stretches everything out, it seemed weird and rushed.

I also wish they'd go back to the finals with only two couples like they did in the first season. This having three couples makes no sense to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

^^And Tonight's episode will probably drag on forvere.

I hope that DialIdol thing is right because I had a bad feeling that Marie's fan base would get her the win she did not deserve.

I agree with Donny and his one sided crap on those entertainment shows. I hate that they made him some sort of expert on Ball Room Dancing and he obviously has a favorite.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Nov 27 2007, 07:34 AM
DaysFanJean
Nov 27 2007, 01:07 AM
If Dial Idol is accurate, then Mel and Maks win.  It's frightening to me that Helio and Marie are so close....sigh.

Mel clearly won tonight.  Helio made huge errors.  If you missed them, then rewatch.

Jean, I checked dial idol as soon as I woke up this morning, great minds. It looks like Mel and Maks won. I thought the final was the worse I've seen except for the Helio and Julianne final freestyle. I've come to think that the everyone was extremely tried out because there wasn't any umph in it at all. I think also the free style held them down a bit as is looked as if the guys were having a hard time lifting the girls. They are bigger ladies than Kelly Monaco was, for example. Her partner was able to throw her all over the place in the finals. Overall I'm happy if Maks and Mel won.

Dialidol is having issues. The raw numbers have Helio winning and Mel coming in third and If you look at the dihardgraphs, they stop at 8:28PM, right before the last dances of the night. This has been discussed on several boards and someone even sent an email to dialidol asking for the problem to be addressed and they said the results pages froze after 8:28PM. So, any voting after that was not displayed on the page. I guess these are the numbers that the person who emailed recieved. They were posted on the DWTS forums.

"Someone posted an explanation to someone's request for clarification on Dialidol scores. Here's what they posted:

Don't bother with IDOL's scoring system. Go straight to the 'raw score', that should give you a heads up as far as the public vote. For instance tonight, here are the scores: Public Vote (Idol's) Judges' Votes:

Couple Judges' Public Share (Judges) Share (Public) Combined (50%) Rank

Helio/Juliane 54 868 34.848% 55.78% 45.31% 1

Marie/Jonathan 46 604 29.68% 38.82% 34.25% 2

Mel/Maks 55 82 35.48% 5.40% 20.44% 3

If the pubic votes resemble what ABC tabulated for each couple. Mel/Maks is likely to go home. So it will be a Helio/Marie Finale."

http://forums.abc.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn...ncing&tid=61387

King
Member Avatar

Ugh.

Looks like another season flies down the drain.

Jonatha

PhoenixRising05
Nov 27 2007, 01:55 PM
Jonatha
Nov 27 2007, 07:34 AM
DaysFanJean
Nov 27 2007, 01:07 AM
If Dial Idol is accurate, then Mel and Maks win.  It's frightening to me that Helio and Marie are so close....sigh.

Mel clearly won tonight.  Helio made huge errors.  If you missed them, then rewatch.

Jean, I checked dial idol as soon as I woke up this morning, great minds. It looks like Mel and Maks won. I thought the final was the worse I've seen except for the Helio and Julianne final freestyle. I've come to think that the everyone was extremely tried out because there wasn't any umph in it at all. I think also the free style held them down a bit as is looked as if the guys were having a hard time lifting the girls. They are bigger ladies than Kelly Monaco was, for example. Her partner was able to throw her all over the place in the finals. Overall I'm happy if Maks and Mel won.

Dialidol is having issues. The raw numbers have Helio winning and Mel coming in third and If you look at the dihardgraphs, they stop at 8:28PM, right before the last dances of the night. This has been discussed on several boards and someone even sent an email to dialidol asking for the problem to be addressed and they said the results pages froze after 8:28PM. So, any voting after that was not displayed on the page. I guess these are the numbers that the person who emailed recieved. They were posted on the DWTS forums.

"Someone posted an explanation to someone's request for clarification on Dialidol scores. Here's what they posted:

Don't bother with IDOL's scoring system. Go straight to the 'raw score', that should give you a heads up as far as the public vote. For instance tonight, here are the scores: Public Vote (Idol's) Judges' Votes:

Couple Judges' Public Share (Judges) Share (Public) Combined (50%) Rank

Helio/Juliane 54 868 34.848% 55.78% 45.31% 1

Marie/Jonathan 46 604 29.68% 38.82% 34.25% 2

Mel/Maks 55 82 35.48% 5.40% 20.44% 3

If the pubic votes resemble what ABC tabulated for each couple. Mel/Maks is likely to go home. So it will be a Helio/Marie Finale."

http://forums.abc.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn...ncing&tid=61387

Thanks for posting this. I gave up on Helio and Julianne after reading the dial idol results this morning. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I can't wait to see the reaction to Marie coming in 2nd. It's Jerry Rice/Stacy Kiebler all over again. Stacy did that safe freestyle, just like Mel, and ended up 3rd to Jerry and his large fanbase. Jerry also went more for entertainment then technique so lots of similarities.

I do think it will add suspense though as everyone will be wondering if Marie can actually pull this off :lol: .

I don't know if DWTS will ever top last May's finale with the Laila/Apolo/Joey showdown. Granted, Laila's freestyle dropped her out of the running but the faceoff with Apolo and Joey's freestyles was exciting and top notch. That is what a finale is all about.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm not paying attention to that report. It is really not accurate at all. Helio or Mel will win and hopefully the Osmond's don't own America.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's a little too detailed not to be but we'll see.

I would hope Marie would never place over Mel but I can honestly see it coming. Season 2 all over again.

King
Member Avatar

God damn it. I knew it would go in the opposite order of how I wanted it. What else is new.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Marie is gone so that DialIdol thing is proven wrong.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

LAME! Should have been Mel & Max. <_< 'tis why I still love the first season the most.

King
Member Avatar

Vomit.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^^:lol: sooo true.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I know I was thinking that I didn't care as long as Marie didn't win. But I was disappointed that Mel didn't.

jcar03
Member Avatar

The first season's ending was a joke and while I was hoping for Mel to win I was happy with either and I can't say that about season 1.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

jcar03
Nov 27 2007, 10:04 PM
The first season's ending was a joke and while I was hoping for Mel to win I was happy with either and I can't say that about season 1.

:o, I couldn't disagree more! The only joke about the whole thing was that lame rematch whatshisface wanted and then 'won'

King
Member Avatar

I think Kelly Monaco deserved it. They nailed her the first week. Everyone thought she was going home, and she just improved every week and was amazing week to week.

That was when the show was good, and they didn't cast like five people of the same sex and in the same age range. Now, it's just a clusterfuck when the season first starts.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am glad that Marie didn't win. I kinda wanted Mel, but I don't care that Helio got it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The dialidol numbers were wrong on all accounts. Weird. Goes to show you that they mean shit outside of Idol because they usually are accurate there.

I was so happy Marie left because I was happy with either Mel or Helio. They both deserved it. Mel was the most consistent and Helio was the second most consistent and it just came down to last night. Maks did what he did last year and I think he knew it. He played it too safe and you can't just rely on dancing during the freestyle. You have to provide energy and drama and Helio had more of that. I wish a woman would win though but this does setup a possible Cheryl vs Julianne battle at some point as they both have two titles. I would love to see that.

Floyd's excuse for not dancing was lame. I can't stand him or Karina. Kym and Mark were a joy and Albert and Anna were so entertaining. Josie...eh, who cares. Jane and Tony were class as usual. Cameron has gotten so annoying I couldn't even enjoy what was his best dance. The whole taking off the shirt bit was funny. I love Drew Lachey. Can we please fire Samantha and bring Drew to DWTS? He's great and showed that early this season.

Jennie proved tonight why she should've been in the final. Marie getting there sucked and she was very subdued tonight. She clearly realized how she fucked up both in dancing and attitude last night, just like her brother did last week. Marie's last dance was nice but showed why she should've went home.

I knew the judges were going to give 30's on the last dances to Mel and Helio but they were actually deserved. Loved the prolonged Helio/Julianne kiss and Mel's pinching Tom's ass or kissing him never gets old.

Celine was nice and I loved the montage that was set to her new song. The show did a good job with the way they handled the usual filler reminiscing by adding in dances from the eliminated dancers in between all the montages. It worked great and saving the final two dances for the end worked well.

Nice seeing Apolo there and it was hard to believe I just noticed Adrian Bellani has been there every week for Helio.

The crowd clearly approved of Helio winning and Mel and Maks were class acts. Love them. Loved the milk bring brought out for Helio too. The celebration was nice but they need to allow more time from now on for the aftermath. They rush the end all the time. Hell, Marie got more time for her goodbye, which is nice but let's do that for everyone.

What I didn't like was all the Sabrina pimping. We get it. She left early. Let's move on. Nice seeing Cheryl and Wayne. Loved Jane and Tony's lift jab at Carrie Ann and I loved how Tom called out Josie on her pimping and she pointed down to Marie and says she does it too. Jennie was hilarious with Tom when being interviewed as well.

All in all tonight was ok. Last year's finale was still the best as it could've easily been Joey or Apolo. This one I knew going on based on the crowd and all. Last night kind of ruined everything, which is sad because this was the best, most dramatic, and most competitively balanced season and it ended in a lackluster way for what it was. Hopefully, spring will be better but congrats to both Mel and Helio. At least the best two were there at the end.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Nov 27 2007, 11:16 PM
I think Kelly Monaco deserved it. They nailed her the first week. Everyone thought she was going home, and she just improved every week and was amazing week to week.

That was when the show was good, and they didn't cast like five people of the same sex and in the same age range. Now, it's just a clusterfuck when the season first starts.

Your exactly right. They try to balance the genders and I hate that. Just go and find the best cast you can. They always add in two unknowns too so they can buy some time for others to build fanbases. I hate that and I hate how the predictable the judging patterns have become. That is why Idol will always be tops over this for me. They usually get it right in the end for the most part and it's unpredictable.

Your also right about Kelly. She deserved to win that for the same reasons Drew, Emmitt, Apolo, Mel, and Helio did. They all learned to dance in front of your eyes and that is what this show is all about. It's not about already knowing how to an extent like John, Stacy, Mario, and Sabrina did. It makes you invest when you see the development before your eyes.

It seems they are changing the judging and scoring system next year. I heard they will reduce the impact of the people's votes and may even add a wild card round so the judges can bring back someone that shouldn't have gone. We'll see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply