Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Sep 24 2007, 07:18 PM (2,814 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It seems TMZ.com is saying that Marie faked her fainting spell for attention and votes and that she also got the Children's Miracle Network to ask for people to vote for her in their newsletter.

I don't know if I buy the Marie fainting act rumors. I mean, if she did, the judges and Tom certainly didn't know but, of course, I can't see them being in on it as they would not support it. Unless the show wanted it done for ratings as it seems there is a rumor Marie was being fed lines by producers to say.

She has a big mouth and was begging for votes but I don't see her going that far. I would hate to think she would.

Her getting Children's Miracle Network to do that isn't wrong, really. We see so many people push for votes all over so it's within reason if she has a connection with them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

She was obvi campaigning to get votes, but I don't buy her faking her fainting spell.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah.

I would actually buy it if ABC were behind it because it seems like they were pushing to ratchet up the drama this year and were promoting this show as the most "dramatic, best" season yet (Last spring was better due to the finale though). I mean, they exploited Jane's mother dying and Jane's food poisoning and Marie's father dying and her fainting so much that I wouldn't put it past them. It's weird how the two oldest female competitors I think the show has ever had, if not two of the oldest, had the most drama going on off the dance floor.

Maybe they felt the show was getting stale or that it needed drama in addition to the dancing competition.

I don't buy Marie being behind it though.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I saw that on the TMZ show. They said she has a writer sitting in the audience that was telling Marie things to say and do and he told her to do the whole fainting thing. It sounds like bullshit to me.

They had a short interview with Derek and he said that Florence Henderson wants to dance with him next season. I believe it since she has been in the audience a lot this season. She is way too old though!

Oh and the next season starts in March!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I like the idea of having Drew as the co-host of DWTS. He seemed more natural with his reactions and comments when he was co-hosting.

I was also thinking it would be interesting for them to either have a season or special episode with some of the best dancers and/or favorites from all the seasons in a dance-off. Bring back people like Drew, Apollo, Joey Fatone, Mel, Stacy, etc and have a best of the best type competition. Maybe even switch them around from their original partners to see if they could still be the best.

Jonatha

cubsgirl
Nov 28 2007, 07:26 AM
I like the idea of having Drew as the co-host of DWTS. He seemed more natural with his reactions and comments when he was co-hosting.

I was also thinking it would be interesting for them to either have a season or special episode with some of the best dancers and/or favorites from all the seasons in a dance-off. Bring back people like Drew, Apollo, Joey Fatone, Mel, Stacy, etc and have a best of the best type competition. Maybe even switch them around from their original partners to see if they could still be the best.

I think Drew is set to host the new show with Carrie Ann and Bruno. I would also like to see a dance-off between some of the former contestants. All Star Dancing with the Stars, would be awesome.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Nov 28 2007, 07:50 AM
cubsgirl
Nov 28 2007, 07:26 AM
I like the idea of having Drew as the co-host of DWTS.  He seemed more natural with his reactions and comments when he was co-hosting. 

I was also thinking it would be interesting for them to either have a season or special episode with some of the best dancers and/or favorites from all the seasons in a dance-off.  Bring back people like Drew, Apollo, Joey Fatone, Mel, Stacy, etc and have a best of the best type competition.  Maybe even switch them around from their original partners to see if they could still be the best.

I think Drew is set to host the new show with Carrie Ann and Bruno. I would also like to see a dance-off between some of the former contestants. All Star Dancing with the Stars, would be awesome.

I would too. Bring back some of those who got screwed over or that were good but left early or something. People like Stacy, Mel, etc.

I heard the Florence Henderson rumor but I doubt they will pair her with Derek. I think that he will be one of the pros they will pimp for the finals, along with Julianne. They will want the whole sibling angle. I also think they will try to get Cheryl back in there to have the 2 two time champs against each other along with sister vs brother.

If any of them get bad partners, that would tell me they caved to complaints and that they may be trying to push someone like Edyta, who has never gotten there.

Manny
Member Avatar

Just watched it!

It was really fun! I can't believe I got sucked into this show. I never really paid attention to this show earlier (US or Croatian version), but this season I was actually looking forward more to this show than any other (scripted or reality... aside from US BB, of course.. lol)

Anyways, I have to go now, but just to say...

I thought I would be fine with this, but I am not... I am terribly disappointed with Mel and Maks not winning! They are the highest scored couple ever and they have been more consistent. Almost every dance they did (expect for this free style, which wasn't so good) was awesome! Helio and Julianne on the other hand were not. Especially in the middle of the season, Helio and Julianne were always in the middle of the rank for me.

Oh well... Great season, still... :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

~bl~
Member Avatar

This is one show that I'd really enjoy an "all-star" edition. It would be cool to see people come back again especially those that didn't have a large fan base.

I'd also like to have an edition with stars from foreign versions, ones with just athletes or a season where people who have a dance background would compete.

BL (who didn't have a problem with Helio winning though she wishes that a woman would win again.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply